Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Sin City II
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:36 pm 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well, looks like it's finally on it's way after many rumours and false starts in the past seven years.

Empire Online wrote:
About a month ago, word came through that Robert Rogriguez was finally committing himself to the long-developing Sin City sequel. The news was met with a degree of cautious excitement, and a lot of we'll-believe-it-when-we-see-it shrugging, but word has this morning come through from Dimension Films that the newly officially monikered Sin City: A Dame To Kill For is properly up and running. Yeesh!

"The first question I'm always asked is 'When will you make another Sin City?'" says Rodriguez in the press release. "I've wanted to re-team with Frank Miller and return to the world he created since the day we wrapped the original, but we have felt a duty to the fans to wait until we had something truly exceptional that would meet and exceed what have become epic expectations. A Dame To Kill For will certainly be worth the wait!"

Frank Miller chimes in with "The first Sin City knocked out audiences who had never seen anything lke it before. Robert Rodriguez and I are going to shake things up and deliver a ferocious film experience that is going to go even further than the first."

Miller has written the screenplay in cahoots with William Monahan (The Departed), and while details are under wraps, previous intel has suggested that there will be three stories and a wrap-around as before, and that the A Dame To Kill For segment will be joined by two new instalments that aren't based on pre-existing Miller comics. "You won't find those in a book," said Rod in March. "Those will be surprises."

The title story has Marv in it, which ought to suggest Mickey Rourke's showing up again (although he's hedged about wearing the make-up again in the past). Dimension's statement says simply that, "Many of the original cast are expected to return."

Official casting begins next week, and shooting, in all senses, starts in the summer.

Profile WWW  

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:43 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

can't wait for this one It seemed like an absolute no brainer and i'm surprised (and glad) no one tried to cash in with cheap and i'll conceived sequal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:45 am 
Knight

621 total thanks.
Say thanks

cynical as it sounds...

believe it when I see it.

huge Sin City fan, right here. been waiting for the sequel forever, natch. loved the first.

...and on the subject of 'cash-ins'? not that it was, but... in terms of non-studio-made works... for those who haven't seen it:

saw this when it was first released, years ago. loved it then. still love it now. one of my all-time favourite yarns. and, in my opinion, one of Miller's best. goes without saying that BBB is my favourite Sin City book. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:42 am 
Knight

621 total thanks.
Say thanks

*ahem*

yay. ^_^

to hell with the fact that it'll be in 3D... but huzzah for the title!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:56 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Release date announced. I'd imagine it may move about between now and screening.

Quote:
Well, it's been seven long years, but Dimension Films has finally set a release date for Sin City: A Dame To Kill For. The studio announced that October 4, 2013 will be the day to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:59 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Really looking forward for this. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:25 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

How long has this taken to come about...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:33 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

There is a lengthy red band trailer up for the film now. I would post it here but the [/youtube] function is not working for me.

Instead here is a link:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDW3r-yIKHU

Because it is red band and contains content deemed mature, people may have to sign in to view the video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:17 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

oh yeah!
looks as good as the first one. Been waiting for a long time for this film!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:35 am 
Knight

162 total thanks.
Say thanks

Watched this last night and while I didn't think it was as bad as people have made out. It wasn't that good and I was a bit confused by whole timeline.

With Marv being alive I assumed the film was a prequel but Nancy's storyline was obviously set after the first movie. So you had half a film that was taking place before the first film and half of it that wasn't. Nancy's story particularly muddled things further and they should have just stuck to the source material although in my opinion all the best stuff from the books happened in the first movie.

Speaking of the source material I've read it enough so I knew about Dwight's transformation but I think anyone who hasn't read the books would probably be thinking should the constant mention of Dwights name mean something to me?