Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:52 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
30 total thanks.
Say thanks

But unlike previous work, I feel in the avengers Hickman didn't give characters the right, if any, voice.. so while building plots is nice, bringing in new characters that are never really fleshed or given too much personality is meh, and not writing well enough well known characters is not too good.. so the total isn't very good for me.. infinity itself was nicer then avengers for me, but we'll see where it goes..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:09 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well got the first issue of this for free courtesy of the Avengers Alliance game. Gotta say not that impressed. Sure there was plenty of stuff going on but for me it was just stuff. Guess I'm just too far removed from the current goings on in the Marvel universe to care all that much any more.

Didn't read very well for me either. I know Hickman's always been a wordy writer and it's not something I have a problem with in general. Just seemed to be a lot of overblown speech/narration in the issue.

There were a couple of cool moments in there but overall I'm glad I didn't shell out $4.99 for it.

Also got the Silver Surfer Infinite Comic in the bundle. I really don't like this format of comic so gave it a pass. Can't stand the panel-click-panel-click mechanics of these things.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:55 pm 
Knight

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

Short question - I may have missed it, but with all the heavy hitters shown battling in space, where was Hyperion? he's as powerful as gladiator (both a version of superman for marvel..), but I didn't notice him mentioned anywhere.. I guess it was in one of the cross over issues that I didn't get.. anyone knows where is he?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:05 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

crimson king wrote:
Short question - I may have missed it, but with all the heavy hitters shown battling in space, where was Hyperion? he's as powerful as gladiator (both a version of superman for marvel..), but I didn't notice him mentioned anywhere.. I guess it was in one of the cross over issues that I didn't get.. anyone knows where is he?

y'know, I honestly didn't even notice he was missing since he's still a relatively new addition to the Avengers.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:32 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

i gotta get up to the comic store. they have a bunch of this stuff waiting for me there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:52 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm enjoying Infinity more than I thought I would, honestly.
I haven't been much for Marvel's space-faring adventures since Richard Rider was Nova but this I'm enjoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:07 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I have to admit...this is starting to get good. Still a little confusing but overall Im enjoying it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:43 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I have to admit, I wanted to like it, but at the end, felt that there were too many hardhitters twiddling their fingers. Just my 2cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:00 pm 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

In the end, I felt like Infinity was a bit of a letdown. All that really seems to have happened is that the Avengers are more respected throughout the universe now, and the beginning of Inhumanity. I think the outcome with Thanos being turned into a statue was lame, and his son, Thane was as well. Thane went from upset about his powers and the killings of his friends to wanting to become the next big bad way too quickly.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:59 pm 
Knight

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah, I wasn't clear on why Thane went off with the guy who kidnapped him and wanted to make him worse then Thanos, instead of talking with the people who came to save him..

Overall they event felt like too much story (which was a bit confusing at times), not nearly enough characterization.. other then Thor getting a couple of nice moments, most characters had no personality and no importance..they just kind of were "there" but not contributing anything..

Bottom line I found it disappointing..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:45 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

The Infinity Gauntlet was my favorite run as a child. I really hope they do this story justice.