Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Legends of the Dark Knight (100 Page Spectacular)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:56 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
696 total thanks.
Say thanks

This book reprints the (formerly) digital only comics Legends of the Dark Knight #42-47, and 49-50.

The first, and larger of the two, stories is a very well written who-done-it by Dan Mishkin. Mishkin really impressed me as a writer with this one as this is the kind of Batman I really enjoy. Batman has to investigate the murder of a priest and the list of suspects include Two-Face, politicians, and other priests. We got good action, suspense, and even a "parlor room" scene at the end where Batman lays out the clues and nabs the killer. The art by Tom Mandrake, while not the dynamic maestro Jim Lee is, captures the essence and motion to this back to basics Batman story superbly.

The next, "back-up" story written by Jim Zubkavich is a showdown between Batman and Harley Quinn. The classic Harley Quinn, not the leather-corset bound domme of the New 52. As Batman closes in on Harley Quinn she gives him a psychiatric diagnosis. The art by Neil Googe is awesome really making the fight scenes and martial arts moves come alive.

All in all you get 100 pages, for $10USD. A great deal for two great Batman stories. I found both of them to be the kind of classic Batman story I recently noticed missing in the regular monthly series.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.