Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: All-New Marvel NOW!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:12 pm 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Seriously, that is the official title they are giving to the second wave of NOW! books.

Here's the ones they've announced so far.

Avengers (Jonathan Hickman and Esad Ribic), relaunched with #24.NOW

All-New Invaders (James Robinson and Steve Pugh), set in the present with a line up of Captain America, The Winter Soldier, Namor, and the Original Human Torch

Inhuman (Matt Fraction and Joe Maduiera), spin-off from Infinity

ImageImageImage

Profile WWW  

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:43 pm 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

Really? Gotta relaunch Avengers AGAIN?!

Inhumans looks interesting though.. So does All-New Invaders.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:36 am 
Knight

40 total thanks.
Say thanks

They aren't. Says 24 on the cover. Rogue Plantet #1 guess it's the arc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:01 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm excited for Inhuman. I want to be excited for All New Invaders, but James Robinson has sucked for years, so I'm not sure if we'll get awesome Starman/JSA Returns Robinson, complete hack Cry for Justice/JLA/Justice Society Robinson, or average to mediocre Earth 2 Robinson. Also, no Spitfire or union jack is kind of lame. Its not like anyone else is using them.

As for Avengers, I don't think I'll be excited for them again until Hickman is gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:37 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Next couple of books announced. It's looking like the next phase of NOW! is going to be very Inhumanity heavy.

Inhumanity: The Awakening (Matt Kindt and Paul Davidson), spinning out of the Infinity: The Hunt event tie-in

New Avengers (Jonathan Hickman and Simone Bianchi), relaunched with #13.INH

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:10 am 
Knight

135 total thanks.
Say thanks

I am geeking with joy over the invaders and inhumans. I want to really see how they work the invaders. Shame no toro :( maybe he can get back like bucky did! Oh but they wouldn't do that for us.

to combat evil with all Green Lantern's might!"

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:14 pm 
Knight

549 total thanks.
Say thanks

batman55555 wrote:

As for Avengers, I don't think I'll be excited for them again until Hickman is gone.

I hate to say it, but you're so right. The first arc, for me, was hard to get into... but it wound up being satisfying. the other issues since then are more of the same and it's just been getting tiresome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:51 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

You're gonna be stuck with Hickman for a long time as far as I can tell. From interviews, everything up to and including Infinity is just the first act in his Avengers epic so I guess another 2 years worth to come yet.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:35 am 
Duke

3,439 total thanks.
Say thanks

Love me some Inhumans and I like the Invaders... hope they both end up being good. As for Hickman, I loved him on F4 and FF and I'm enjoying his Avengers titles so far...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:18 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
You're gonna be stuck with Hickman for a long time as far as I can tell. From interviews, everything up to and including Infinity is just the first act in his Avengers epic so I guess another 2 years worth to come yet.

I figured that was the situation. Well, atleast we'll hopefully have Mighty Avengers for awhile, which started pretty well. I also have hope for Avengers Assemble, so there should be some good Avengers titles out there, even if Hickman is going to continue his borderline gibberish in Avengers and new avengers (Uncanny isn't great, but its ok right now).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:15 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

So now Captain America has the same super power as Wolverine? He's on multiple Avengers, his own title and now Invaders...

What is it about the Terrigen Mists that force people to wear hoodies? That Inhuman cover could be one issue of that Quicksilver miniseries from post-House Of M...

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:03 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Think that's everything announced now. Here's a round-up of the new All-New Marvel Now series and some of the events/creative team changes on other books.

- She-Hulk by Charles Soule & Javier Pulido

- Loki: Agent of Asgard by Al Ewing & Lee Garbett

- Avengers Undercover by Denis Hopeless & Kev Walker

- All-New X-Factor by Peter David & Carmine Di Giandomenico

- Black Widow by Nathan Edmondson & Phil Noto

- Avengers World by Nick Spencer, Jonathan Hickman & Stefano Caselli

- Iron Patriot by Ales Kot & Garry Brown (War Machine wearing Norman Osborne's old suit)

- Ghost Rider by Felipe Smith & Tradd Moore (a new version of Ghost Rider, a teenager who drives a car)

- Silver Surfer by Dan Slott & Mike Allred

- Captain Marvel by Kelly Sue DeConnick & David Lopez

- New Warriors by Christopher Yost & Marcus To

- Punisher by Nathan Edmondson & Mitch Gerads

- Deadpool: The Gauntlet by Gerry Duggan & Reilly Brow (next in the line of Infinite Comics)

- Empire of the Dead by George A. Romero & Alex Maleev

- Miracleman by Neil Gaiman & Mark Buckingham (starting with reprints of the 80s comics then new stories)

- The Trial of Jean Grey (All-New X-Men/Guardians of the Galaxy crossover) by Brian Bendis, Stuart Immonen & Sara Pichelli

- Savage Wolverine by Richard Isanove

- Secret Avengers by Ales Kot & Michael Walsh

- Thunderbolts by Charles Soule & Carlo Barberi (adds Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider to the team)

- Goblin Nation (next big arc for Superior Spider-man) by Dan Slott & Giuseppe Camuncoli

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:05 am 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

I didn't know about Black Widow, but I'll definately give it a try. Captain Marvel's renumbering is pretty funny. It won't even get to issue 25 before it gets renumbered :lol: I'm not sure about Miracleman. When it gets to new stories, I'll probably try it. Gaiman did turn around the original comic after Moore's run, which started decently but went down hill near the end.

I'm interested in New Warriors, although I don't know why the scarlet spider is there. I'm assuming its still Kaine, since thats his costume, but he's pretty old to be on the team. That being said, for a book that's editor apparently compared it teen titans, several members (Justice and Speedball specifically, and Kaine if that is him) are older (Justice and speedball are probably atleast 23 if not older, and Kaine is probably, biologically, in his 30's). If it wasn't for the costume, I would have assumed that they were using the surviving clone of a teen hero from Avengers Initiative (MVP, but his three clones all went by Scarlet Spider). Atleast one of the clones is still alive, and wasstill going by Scarlet Spider in his last appearance.

Besides that, She-Hulk and X-factor are the other two new comics I'm interested in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:44 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm actually going to be trying a couple of these.

All-New X-Factor is a given. I've enjoyed most of what I've read from Ales Kot so I'll be picking up Iron Patriot (not Secret Avengers though, not interested in the premise of the book or the line-up). Nathan Edmondson is another writer whose work I've liked so Punisher is another one to add to my pull list (again, giving his other book - Black Widow - a pass as I've never been a fan of the character).

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:35 am 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

Very excited about X-factor AND New Warriors (though I think any comparison between NW and Titans is way off the mark. No iteration of either has ever looked or felt like the other in anyway except, perhaps, for the ages of the members... Warriors always had a distinct identity that differentiated them from any other teen team book... And it's clear this isn't meant to be a "teen" book anyway.
After all, at this point Justice and Speedball are technically OLDER than Scarlet (because... "clone.")
Scarlet is on the team because Yost isn't done with him, even though his solo title is canceled. The end. :P

Fan of roleplaying, fantasy, and sci-fi? Read The Myth Prosaic by Georgia Z. The story revolves around a character who plays an RPG & how he uses that experience in a dystopian future. It's free online, mobile-friendly, & presented as a serial, with updates 3 times weekly at SeeDarkly.com