All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: G.I. Joe: Retaliation
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:40 am 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
696 total thanks.
Say thanks

better then the first one

I just got back from the theatre. Watched this new GI Joe flick in 3-D (which was awesome, made me duck katanas and bullets from the screen). I don't have the credits in front of me but let me just get this out there, I really liked this movie a lot better then the first one. The first one was okay, maybe even good. This one I can't wait to see it again! That's the difference. The Rock as Roadblock! Whoever was Lady Jaye (hawtee)! Ray Park back as Snakeyes! Zartan! Storm Shadow! More ninjas!

I imagine it is a great movie in 2-D as well. Some of the fight scenes went a little too fast for the 3-D to keep up (blurs a little bit). But the parts that had me ducking (the ninja mountain scene especially) made up for it imo.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:18 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Great, thanks for your review canĀ“t wait to see it!!

Regards!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:22 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

I liked the first GI Joe movie, and this one was just as good, if not a bit better. It had its problems

Spoiler: show
Duke, the main character from the first movie, dies very quickly and its very anti-climactic which was really lame

But I still think it was a solid, entertaining action movie. I do wish a few more of the actors/characters from the first movie returned. We don't even get a throwaway line about the whereabouts of Ripcord (Marlon wayans) or scarlet. You could even conclude based on events in the first part of the movie that they're killed offscreen, although I'd think that would have been mentioned, and their names aren't said even once. We get Snake eyes back (Ray Park) but he's in full costume and doesn'ty talk, so I didn't know if it was the same guy until looking it up on wikipedia today. Still, the movie does have improvements over the first. Cobra Commander actually looks cool instead of really lame. The Rock (aka Roadblock) is honestly a more interesting main character than Duke. Of the three main GI joes, he's the best and Lady Jaye is decent, while Flint is pretty boring. The action in the movie is done well, and there are some really cool moments.

The main plot involves Cobra using the imposter president they put into the white house at the end of Rise of Cobra in a bid to take over the world. Their plan has some rather obvious flaws, but its just an excuse for action scenes. Overall, this was an enjoyable movie. If you liked the first one, I'd reccomend this movie. I'd score it

7.75/10