Justice League 64%  64%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:18 am 
Merchant

Thanked 5 times for this post.
919 total thanks.
Say thanks

This is a pretty obvious answer to me, and it seems to be the same as most everyone here, which is that the JLA would wipe out the X-Men with little to no effort. Like a few have said, it is also because the power scale is substantially different. I haven't looked around too much yet but if there's a poll here on JLA vs. the Avengers ...

Answer -
That you are here. That life exists, and identity.

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.

Post subject: Re: X Men vs Justice League
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:31 pm 
Squire

Thanked 7 times for this post.
20 total thanks.
Say thanks

I put down X-Men, because I'm all for the underdog.
Besides, Professor X would anticipate the attack, so they would hide somewhere save (I'll leave it at someone else to determine were that place could be).

Finally, they'd throw out Wolverine, so the Justice League has something to play with until they all die of boredom because he regenerates (for the sake of the argument I assume that they won't find a way to stop that - but given the enormous number of Wolverine-titles Marvel is running, I doubt they will).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:34 am 
Squire

Thanked 7 times for this post.
30 total thanks.
Say thanks

I think the X-Men could give them a run for their money since they can fight dirtier and are more sneaky. However, if they should defeat all of the JLA, they still have to account for Batman and he always has a trick or two up his sleeve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:31 am 
Squire

Thanked 5 times for this post.
25 total thanks.
Say thanks

this is kind of tough. i mean you could say that the JLA would slaughter the xmen but who's to say that professor x is at his normal level and no onslaught? whos to say that the phoenix/jean grey doesnt come out of her little area somewhere in the galaxy and join the xmen. and whos to say that its just the original xmen. i mean there are some pretty powerful mutants out there. ones that neutralize powers, ones that stuff happens based on what they think. the xmen in my opinion are underrated in this fight. i think heroes like superman and flash would be beaten before people think they would.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:37 am 
Serf

Thanked 4 times for this post.
4 total thanks.
Say thanks

x men should win and as for superman just have wolverine dip his claws in kriptonite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:31 pm 
Knight

Thanked 2 times for this post.
236 total thanks.
Say thanks

All powers aside, JLA (at least in the past decade) is just written better. So my vote goes to them.

And for the record, I'm not denying that there have been some great X stories . . . just overall, I feel that JLA and Co. have been more interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:06 am 
Knight

Thanked 2 times for this post.
597 total thanks.
Say thanks

Hands down Justice League to trash the X-Men...
Quote:
But then again Rouge could possibly absorb the powers of all the Justice League. Thats overkill.

Nah Rogue can't absorb all their powers...she'll go nuts...anyway the only edge X-Men have over JL is psychic attacks but hell JL would still win w e sheer numbers

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:16 pm 
Knight

Thanked 3 times for this post.
696 total thanks.
Say thanks

Quote:
the only edge X-Men have over JL is psychic attacks but hell JL would still win w e sheer numbers

That of course is debateable. I'd submit that J'onn J'onz is every equal to Prof X in that regard. Prof X is widely known to be th emost powerful telepath in human terms, but Martian Manhunter is , well, Martian. And if you include Faith in the JL roster your really challenging the conventional wisdom of Prof X even further. And Dr. Fate was a member, at least the female Dr. Fate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:43 am 
Squire

Thanked 3 times for this post.
15 total thanks.
Say thanks

Not sure how anyone could judge this without knowing the exact members of each team. I would say that most JLAs probably beat a random X-men team, but then again the X-men have had some real powerhouse people as well.

You get an X-men team with say... Prof. X, Magneto, Jean Grey, X-man, Gambit @peak power (He can just make people explode), Rogue, and Wolverine (He is on every team after all) should mop the floor with most JLA teams.

Post subject: Re: X Men vs Justice League
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:17 am 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Given that JLA biggest weakness is probably telepathy, as the x-men can't equal in brute strenght, they have telepathy in abundance.

Charles Xavier, Jean Grey, Rachel Grey and Emma Frost(Not so sure about that one) are all omega level telepaths, even without Phoenix force.

The JLA has only one the Martian, if they work around him they could take down the league simply by immobalizing them in their own minds.

The X-men have so many charecters though with such varied powers, any one of the mutant reality warpers or omega level telekinetics could play havoc with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:28 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
4 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well everyone loses. But if I do need to pick a winner I go Justice League. On the off chance Rouge takes some of Superman's powers it drive her crazy, so the X-Men would have to fight off two super beings.