Marvel Films 60%  60%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: DC Films Vs. Marvel Films
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:58 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Who is coming out with better films DC or Marvel? It doesn't matter which brand you like more it comes down to which is making better films? And why do you think DC or Marvel?

In my opinion DC has been dominating films at least compared to Marvel.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:34 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

the only good movies dc has are the batman movies (tdk by far the best comic book movie ever made), and recently the green lantern. Marvel has:
:thor: thor
:wolverine: wolverine (even though they f***ed up with deadpool, it was still a decent movie)
:hulk: incredible hulk
punisher warzone (i dont know why people hated on this)
:nightcrawler: x-men 1/2
:iron: ironman 1/2
:spider: spiderman 1/2
and there is still loads more to come, where as dc is just focusing on :superman: and :bat:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:51 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

And your point is? To me sometimes quality is better then quantity. There have been Two Hulk movies where they got it right on the 2nd try. I enjoy the first X-Men movie, both Iron Man movies, first Spider-man movie. The 2nd and 3rd Spider-man & X-Men movies could have been better. They had to do 3 Punisher movies I will give it to it that the first one was a lower budget film but even after they had good budget of a movie they still didn't do so well and had to do another movie that didn't really connect to the 2nd movie and that could have been better. I liked Wolverine.

DC may have just Batman, Superman and now Green Lantern but they have had less films that weren't good compared to Marvel.

Post subject: Re: DC Films Vs. Marvel Films
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:47 pm 
Count

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

it's weird that DC has a very small presence in Hollywood compared to Marvel despite the former being owned by Warner Bros. for decades.

Last edited by Lex Talionis on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:08 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Maybe over the years there hasn't been anyone who has written a good script for the other DC characters. And Green Lantern to me was meant to be made now since we are at a point where the movie technology is very good for a movie like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:26 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

For live action movies, DC hasn't had a good movie since Batman and Robin. DC does dominate with animated movies. There line of DC animated movies like Justice League New Frontier, GL First Flight etc. is better than Marvel's ones (althopugh Hulk vs. was pretty good).

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:47 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

batman55555 wrote:
For live action movies, DC hasn't had a good movie since Batman and Robin. DC does dominate with animated movies. There line of DC animated movies like Justice League New Frontier, GL First Flight etc. is better than Marvel's ones (althopugh Hulk vs. was pretty good).

Are you blind? What about Batman Begins, The Dark Knight? Which The Dark Knight had the biggest opening weekend ever for about 3 years till being knocked off by the final HP movie.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:55 am 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
batman55555 wrote:

Are you blind? What about Batman Begins, The Dark Knight? Which The Dark Knight had the biggest opening weekend ever for about 3 years till being knocked off by the final HP movie.

I said good movie, not movies that made a lot of money. I HATE Dark Knight. Its the worst movie I've ever seen. Only the comics Dark Knight Returns and All Star Batman have worst versions of Batman (and worst stories) than The Dark Knight movie. Batman Begins was ok, but not as good as any of the older ones. I'd get into specifics as to why I hate Dark Knight, but I don't want to start ranting uncontrollably. I loved the batman movie with Jack Nicholson, I think its the best Batman movie. The others in that series range from pretty good to just ok. Dark Knight is very slow, Ledger is a very good psycho but a terrible Joker, Bale sucks as Batman, and the overall story is just not good.

Its just my opinion, I really don't want to get into an argument. If you like it, then thats great. We all have different opinions, and I just happen to really hate Dark Knight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:15 pm 
Knight

135 total thanks.
Say thanks

As far as animated movies go, DC is by far the leader in putting out excellent animated films. But as far as live action movies Marvel is by far superior, sure they've had their own stinkers (fantastic four, daredevil ( though i liked a lot of it just not ben afflack) punisher war zone, iron man 2 (boring compared to 1st) wolverine origins, x-men first class (too much nerd rage over this one for me)) and DC hasn't had much of a live action movie presence but even when they do they have some real bad ones too (cat woman, batman and robin, batman forever, Superman returns)

to combat evil with all Green Lantern's might!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:27 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

To be honest imo I would have to say that at least 50% of the films coming from each are pretty horrible. They try to gain wide appeal from both the comic book reading crowd and everyone else which leads to story lines no one really loves. With that being said I liked Robert Downey Jr as iron man, I thought he fit the role perfectly. I wasn't a huge fan of Batman begins or the dark knight, I just don't like Christopher Nolan's work. I would have to say I lean towards Marvel, but both companies leave a lot to be desired most of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:50 pm 
Knight

199 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
Who is coming out with better films DC or Marvel? It doesn't matter which brand you like more it comes down to which is making better films? And why do you think DC or Marvel?

In my opinion DC has been dominating films at least compared to Marvel.

My initial reaction to the above statement was this: ---> :shock: or...ok, really WTF :shrug: there's just no way that recent GL movie would beat any of the :thor: :spider: or :iron: movie(s)

But then I really did some more digging....ok...I just WIKIed stuff... as in:

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_DC_Comics
vs
Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_Marvel_Comics

If Mr. S.H.I.E.L.D. would qualify the woid "dominating" with the above...then :shrug: + :shock: WTF he could be right! WTF <_< none of the Marvel films got nominated or won an Oscar???

Of course, commercially DC has been and will be probably be screwed after 2011.....unless they come up with something to stem the tide of Marvel movies in production... :ww: TF!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:27 pm 
Knight

696 total thanks.
Say thanks

Recently Marvel has been putting out more quality live action movies then DC. The Chris Nolan Batmans were my favorites but Captain America was really good, as well as the first Spider-Man and Iron Mans. But this si only counting the super-hero movies they each make. If you count DC's non-superhero movies like Constantine, Red, or the Losers then Marvel may still be ahead in numbers but not by much.

Animated is no contest. DC all the way.

Now when we activate the Way-Back machine and look at the movies they made through the years ... In the 80s and 90s when DC had Tim Burton's Batman while Marvel had Dolph Lundgren playing Punisher (both '89). While I loved that old Punisher movie it did not hold a candle to Batman. And even in the 90s when the Batman movies started getting cornier and cornier, Marvel snapped off David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury in a movie so bad I wanted to turn it off. And let's not go there with FF's '94 movie. And Christopher Reeves Superman movie is still a cherished classic.

And in the 60s and 70s we had Adam West as Batman and Spider-Man showed up in the Electric Company so I guess that was just not the time to expect a whole lot of live action comic book adaptations.

So, in looking at the sum total of cinema I'd have to go with DC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:24 pm 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

If we're talking just animated movies then DC films has it. But, when you add in all the live action moves Marvel takes over. I think what Marvel is doing with the Avengers is great. Now if DC would do something like that with say the Justice League that would awesome.