Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:32 pm 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Looks like the number of tie-ins has increaded a little and inlcudes some strange choices.

MARCH

AGE OF ULTRON #1
AGE OF ULTRON #2
AGE OF ULTRON #3

FANTASTIC FOUR #5AU
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #6AU

APRIL

AGE OF ULTRON #4
AGE OF ULTRON #5
AGE OF ULTRON #6

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #14AU
ULTRON #1AU
WOLVERINE & THE X-MEN #27AU

MAY

AGE OF ULTRON #7
AGE OF ULTRON #8

FEARLESS DEFENDERS #4AU
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #15AU
UNCANNY AVENGERS #8AU

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:49 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

MrV wrote:
Hope this is better than AvX

I Liked AvX

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 pm 
Knight

256 total thanks.
Say thanks

Hellshound wrote:
MrV wrote:
Hope this is better than AvX

I Liked AvX

I found the finale a bit.....lacking and rushed. But it was a bit better than Fear Itself.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 am 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

houseofusher wrote:
Does the status quo ever really change though from events? It's just crossovers that end and then everyone goes back to what they were doing it, ignoring it like just another arc in comics imo. I won't go on a AvX rant here, but nothing has changed except writers and artists on most of the titles.

The status quo seems to change with the movies (I.E. Guardians of the Galaxy...wtf?) and pretty sure....

Spoiler: show
Ultron was killed (permanently) in Annihilation: Conquest

I'm hoping it will be a decent story, but the Ultron thing is getting to be a little much, kind of like the Green Goblin/Norman Osborne thing...they need to make new bad guys, instead of just bringing back the same ones every 2 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:51 pm 
Knight

338 total thanks.
Say thanks

After reading the first issue, I really cant help but see this as an alternate timeline or something. The majority of the costumes are different and even some of the characters LOOK different ( I know thats weird since every artist has a different interpretation) But honestly this must be an alternate timeline.....thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:35 am 
Knight

256 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well judging by the synopsis of upcoming books
someone will change/create a new MU
it does feel a bit strange and different that the NOW books. We'll just wait and see how Bendis final Avengers story will affect the current universe.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:42 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

theyouthcard wrote:
After reading the first issue, I really cant help but see this as an alternate timeline or something. The majority of the costumes are different and even some of the characters LOOK different ( I know thats weird since every artist has a different interpretation) But honestly this must be an alternate timeline.....thoughts?

It's simply due to them having started this ages ago. Like Children's Crusade - it was started before anyone thought about redesigning Cap's costume. It'll probably change towards the end.

Heck, Spider-Island had to explain away why Cap was wearing his SHIELD outfit when he was supposed to be back to being Captain America.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:48 am 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

Gotta say, so far I'm bored and hope this doesn't stick, at least it's been releasing pretty quickly and will end sooner than later (please no delays!) They should have had Ultron fighting the Phoenix in AvX, two birds (well one) with one stone.

I miss Galactus :galactus:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:16 pm 
Knight

549 total thanks.
Say thanks

fezzdogg wrote:
Gotta say, so far I'm bored and hope this doesn't stick, at least it's been releasing pretty quickly and will end sooner than later (please no delays!) They should have had Ultron fighting the Phoenix in AvX, two birds (well one) with one stone.

I miss Galactus :galactus:

yeah... gotta agree. The first issue was new so that makes it exciting... want to see where it goes. The 2nd issue didn't do very much. It better pick up its pace.

Post subject: Re: Age of Ultron (2013 Event)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:06 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

samuraidancer wrote:
Looking at the teaser cover Hawkeye is the last avenger standing... Ultron is screwed

They always make Hawkeye one of the last standing...(i.e. Avengers vs. Marvel Universe, Old Man Logan)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:13 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm intrigued so far...mostly by the fact that there's so many heroes alive. Like how did Ultron take over, and so many heroes are still around? At least Age of Apocalypse had a whole alternate timeline so it explained how he took over with all the X-Men intact but this seems like things were normal and then Ultron just took over. What kind of fight did they put up that had them lose yet kept them alive? Specifically Iron Man and Captain America?

The way that they explain this will tell me if I think this will be a good arc or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:44 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well, we found out in issue #2 that they just woke up to the world being like that. At least they're aware of the difference this time unlike some of the other altered universes.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:07 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm going to skip this one. I usually hate stuff like this (alternate Earth changing stuff that you know will just go back to normal at the end) so I'm not going to continue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:35 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well... DC may not be using the term on their covers but this story definitely comes under the "WTF?" heading.

New York Times wrote:
In “Age of Ultron,” a story currently being published by Marvel Comics, the Avengers and their allies are on the ropes against their archenemy Ultron, an artificial intelligence who has taken over the world. The story concludes in June and will feature a special guest star: the angel Angela, a character created by the writer Neil Gaiman and the artist Todd McFarlane for “Spawn,” published by Image Comics.

Angela’s path from Image to Marvel was fraught with lawsuits that began in 2002 regarding ownership of a handful of characters that appeared in a 1992 “Spawn” story written by Mr. Gaiman. A federal jury in 2002 found that Mr. Gaiman was a co-copyright holder of several characters, including Angela. In 2012, Mr. McFarlane and Mr. Gaiman reached a confidential settlement regarding royalties owed to Mr. Gaiman for the characters he helped create. Now that Angela has won her day in court, her next stop is the Marvel Universe.

Preparing the way for Angela’s arrival has “been in the works for quite some time,” said Joe Quesada, the chief creative officer of Marvel Entertainment. “We were looking for a good entry point to tease our fans and to let them know she was going to be a major player,” he said. “Age of Ultron,” an event storyline which involves many of Marvel’s top heroes, seemed like the perfect venue. With so many big stories spoiled by the media (with the willing cooperation of the comic book companies) lately, Axel Alonso, the editor in chief of Marvel Comics, insisted the revelation of Angela’s participation did not count as a spoiler. Her presence is a bonus, “like the post-credit scenes in one of our Marvel studio movies,” Mr. Alonso said. The character’s appearance in “Age of Ultron” is designed to whet the appetite of fans for more.

Angela’s next stop will be in issue No. 5 of “Guardians of the Galaxy,” written by Brian Michael Bendis, one of Marvel’s most popular writers. That issue will be co-written by Mr. Gaiman. (It will be a busy comic book year for Mr. Gaiman. A new “Sandman” story, published by DC Comics, is scheduled for November. Mr. Gaiman was not available for comment.) The spotlight on “Guardians of the Galaxy,” a team of cosmic heroes who are scheduled to headline a feature film in 2014, is intentional. “Marvel is really putting a huge concerted effort to show the cosmic universe and how it ties to the regular universe,” Mr. Alonso said. “It’s called the Marvel universe for a reason.”

The appearance of Angela in a Marvel comic was kept under wraps for a remarkably long time. “With anything that is this big, I’m glad we kept it in house as long as we did.” They had reason to fear a leak. On bleedingcool.com, a Web site devoted to comic book news and gossip, Rich Johnston, who operates the site, cleverly teased the reveal. If you read the six sentence post and write down the first letter of each sentence, you’ll get Angela.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Age of Ultron (2013 Event)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:58 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

“been in the works for quite some time”

I'm beginning to hate this sentence with passion

having creator-owned character moving to other comic universes is pretty revolutionary imo,it happened in the past,but not like this

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next