Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Halo 4 (2012)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:15 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Trailer from E3 was pretty cool and worth sharing. Lots of new information to be gleaned about events/enemies/weapons/abilities, as well as a look at the tasty visuals.

Game is set for a 6 November 2012 release on Xbox 360.

Halo 4 marks the first full game in the Halo franchise made by new developers 343 Industries, taking over from Bungie, who so far have already updated the original Halo: Combat Evolved and made some maps for Reach multiplayer.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:38 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

E3 is here already? Time went by fast....

Anyway, i can't fOr this to come out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:15 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Trailer for the online component of Halo 4.
Competitive is dubbed "War Games" and, more excitingly, there is what amounts to a whole second campaign playable co-operatively called "Spartan Ops".

War Games
Quote:
The competitive multiplayer modes of “Halo 4,” known as War Games, take place on the combat deck of the UNSC Infinity and revive the visceral and immersive experiences that “Halo” multiplayer is famous for. Featuring 10 diverse and action-packed new multiplayer maps at launch, “Halo 4” introduces a broad variety of immersive new game modes and strategies to help you progress your Spartan-IV career, while delivering an experience that’s distinctly “Halo.”

Spartan Ops
Quote:
The story of the UNSC Infinity intersects with the “Halo 4” campaign, and then continues on in a brand-new, story-driven experience known as Spartan Ops. A first-of-its-kind, exciting new addition to the “Halo” franchise, Spartan Ops is an episodic adventure that blends immersive storytelling, high-quality cinematics and action-packed gameplay to deliver an unprecedented serialized experience.

Through a weekly series of cinematic episodes, Spartan Ops will tell the continuing story of the UNSC Infinity, following the events of “Halo 4.” These episodes will center on the UNSC Infinity leaders and crew as well as a new team of Spartans — Majestic Squad. These cinematic episodes will provide the backdrop for the weekly Spartan Ops gameplay missions. Playable in single-player or cooperatively with up to four players, Spartan Ops lets you explore the corners of Requiem in objective-based missions and help uncover the secrets of the mysterious Forerunner world.

A massive-scale adventure that builds off the “Halo 4” story, access to Spartan Ops is included with “Halo 4” at no additional charge — effectively delivering two campaign experiences in one game.

As long as Spartan Ops doesn't end up requiring an additional fee on top of Gold membership I'm pretty excited at the concept of episodic new missions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:03 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Most likely there will be a fee if they plan on having it every week.... Sounds interesting though, maybe 400 msp per episode

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:07 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Did any of you go check out over at the MLG website, the video commentaries of some MLG people playing Halo 4 Multiplayer?

It looks awesome!
Can't wait to play!

I play reach all the time, but ready for the next halo!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:03 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Clarification on Spartan Ops.
There will be 5 new missions each week for 10 weeks, all of which will be free, that comprise the first "season".

Now to me that is pretty damn cool. From the Spartan Ops E3 trailer (below) it looks like each mission will be more involved than a firefight game, actually telling a story of its own. Does that sound as cool to other Halo players as it does to me?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:06 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Batman117 wrote:
Did any of you go check out over at the MLG website, the video commentaries of some MLG people playing Halo 4 Multiplayer?

It looks awesome!
Can't wait to play!

I play reach all the time, but ready for the next halo!!!

What do you mainly play in Reach? Slayer? Arena? Grifball? Firefight? Campaign?

I'm still playing almost daily to tackle challenges, but limit myself to Firefight because I suck at competitive multiplayer. Plus I like my present K/D ratio of 0.69 (crap, I am aware, but great in an immature way).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:53 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Halo 4 will be getting a live action web-series over at Machinima. Check out the teaser trailer below.

If this is well enough received are there going to be Halo film rumours resurfacing around Hollywood again?

EDIT: Here's a little look at the making of the "Forward Unto Dawn" web-series. Including info on who will embody the Chief: Colossus from X2 and X-Men: Last Stand.

Last edited by Mabsuk on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Halo 4 (2012)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:02 am 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Unbelievably excited for this game, as long as they do as good a job as 343 with the story line then it's destined to be amazing. Massive fan of the Spartan Ops idea, new playable content each week sounds good to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:17 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Trailer for the Halo 4 tie-in web-series, Forward Unto Dawn, featuring some live-action Master Chief.

I'm looking forward to it. Want to know who the villains are, though, and see how well they've been realised in CG - or otherwise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Are they every gonna start releasing this for PC. Thsi would be a awesome game for PC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:06 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Someone who has this tell me how great it is... After all my posts leading up to the release you'd think I'd have it, but Thailand is not an Xbox-playing country. What am I missing? Must I send for it from the UK?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:30 pm 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

Seriously, tell us. I imagined this to be more generic after the companychanges. Am i wrong?