Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ask The Experts (Tips and Rules)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:56 pm 
King

Thanked 2 times for this post.
11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

This is a place where you can ask questions about all those bits of information you might have missed. Things like 'When did Peter Parker wear the Daredevil costume and why?', 'Who killed Captain America?' or 'How did Bizarro come about?'. Ask your questions and a heroic member of this forum will come to the rescue and hopefully provide you with all the info you need.

Rules:

- This is a question and answer forum only, any posts that aren't either a question, answer or a thanks will get deleted.
    - Don't ask hypothetical questions like 'What if...?' or 'Who would win...?'
    - Create a new topic for each question.
    - Provide links to support your answers were possible (e.g. Wiki) or pics were applicable.
    - If someone gives you some good info then thank them by giving them some good Karma.

ImageSTIFF's TIPS:Image

a) Instead of Creating a New Thread, try browsing first the [Character]-Related threads already started (your questions may already be answered there or is somewhat related)

b) Try using the POST REPLY instead of the Quick Reply box especially when answering a question, coz you'll be able to create a Topic Title that corresponds with the question...Quote as much as possible and provide links when you can with your answers.

c) Color-coding your Q and/or A, unless you're color-blind, try using RED for Questions and GREEN for direct Answers so it'll be easier what are the Q's and the A's plus it gives you the chance to actually use some of our forums great features..yeah right! :wink:

Profile WWW  

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject: Re: Ask The Experts
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:18 pm 
Knight

Thanked 4 times for this post.
2,141 total thanks.
Say thanks

What is the O.N.E in X-Men? Sorry I totally forgot or missed a chapter or two on them.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:20 pm 
King

Thanked 3 times for this post.
11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

Maybe I should have mentioned that you should create a new topic for your question...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:24 pm 
Knight

2,141 total thanks.
Say thanks

Oh sorry... :oops:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:55 am 
Knight

Thanked 4 times for this post.
2,954 total thanks.
Say thanks

this is really helpful,thanx cf.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:26 am 
King

Thanked 8 times for this post.
11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

It was Stiff's idea so thank him!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:45 am 
Knight

2,954 total thanks.
Say thanks

thanks stiff :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:08 pm 
Squire

36 total thanks.
Say thanks

This might be a lame question but....Does the Language that a comic is written in have any affect on its worth?

A couple of years back I went on vacation and picked up Some "Spawn" comics written in Spanish....and even though I had them already in English...I thought the value would be different.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:28 pm 
King

11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

RenBoogie wrote:
This might be a lame question but....Does the Language that a comic is written in have any affect on its worth?

A couple of years back I went on vacation and picked up Some "Spawn" comics written in Spanish....and even though I had them already in English...I thought the value would be different.

I'm not 100% certain but I think the original language ones are always worth more. English language comics obviously appeal to more people as well.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm 
Knight

Thanked 2 times for this post.
3,296 total thanks.
Say thanks

RenBoogie wrote:

Good question! Although, this might have been better asked somewhere else...like the General Discussion or Other Comic Stuff perhaps?...since this may have answer of an "opinion" thingie (subjective) rather than a "factual" answer could really be presented...It's not like your asking if there was ever a Spanish-speaking Superman...or if Batman ever operated in India or is it true that the Indian's have their own Spider-man...etc...get it?

Anyways, since CF answered you...here's my Image on the question:

Yes of course, especially if it's a limited Edition...like only 100 copies were ever produced (worldwide)...and if you're an avid comic collector of things rare...
Generally however, it's not the language. A comics value would only be worth much if it has already "aged" much..you know...it's the "First Edition" of Superman..etc etc...or the writer or artist has long since been dead...and you happen to have a signed copy..and its not in circulation anymore...does this answer your question?

Can we now move this somewhere else.please?Image Like maybe "vacation" it to the General Discussion

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:42 pm 
Squire

36 total thanks.
Say thanks

Hey Cactus Funk and UppahLip...

Thanks for your response...
"Generally however, it's not the language. A comics value would only be worth much if it has already "aged" much..you know...it's the "First Edition" of Superman..etc etc...or the writer or artist has long since been dead...and you happen to have a signed copy..and its not in circulation anymore...does this answer your question?"

Yeah, this pretty much clears it up for me. Gracias. And um....I just read the posts above and realized that I posed this in the wrong "room"....Now I know...
Image"..and knowing is half the battle.."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:25 pm 
Serf

3 total thanks.
Say thanks

How do I read older archive of The PHANTOM DAILY online comic strip?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 pm 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well hello experts. Just wondering if any of you have any suggestions as to where to start to get the load down into the history of Spiderman. I'm really interested in it. I know the most obvious answer is at the beginning but I just thought I'd ask you guys :)

:spider: