All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:05 am 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I wouldn't want it to legalize! don't get me wrong here, I love my pot XD
its just that, I don't want organizations such as Marlboro to take control over the marijuana industry as well. I mean, we're not gonna go and check what kinda weed they use, are we? we probably won't even be allowed!! see what happened to the tobacco industry? cigarettes contain WAY more chemicals than rolled tobacco, and its a high possibility with weed! all I'm saying is that we should leave ganja the way it was meant to be! pure, green and unadulterated!! :nightcrawler:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:30 pm 
Knight

13 total thanks.
Say thanks

if weed was legalized it would be a loooooong time before companies such as marlboro would be allowed to sell it.

i'm all for legalization, for the specific reason that once it is legalized it will also be regulated by the government (maybe the sale of weed, and stopping all the stupid arrests would fix our economy a little). when a kid/teen/adult whatever goes out to try weed for the first time he or she should be able to go to a store and buy a product that is 100% as advertised. they shouldn't have to go to some sketchy guy and buy weed that might be laced with something and possibly be arrested.

now like others have said laws will have to be in place so people don't smoke and drive, and businesses would have to enforce testing as well. just like you can't drink on the job you shouldn't be allowed to smoke on the job either

Post subject: Re: Legalizing marijuana?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:17 am 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

RuiBul wrote:
shaggypr01 wrote:
I just saw the documentary call Grass. It's about the history of the American government's war on marijuana and it explain why it's illegal. It's really good, you should watch it.

sound interesting.
Is this the one you were referring?

This documentary actually really opened my eyes...I used to feel kinda guilty everytime I smoked pot because I thought I was doing something criminal and immoral, but watching this relieved so much of that guilt and stress.....don't know if that's a positive thing though LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:38 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

there's no reason it should be illegal, but it doesn't matter if it's legalized or not. it's easy enough to get and no one really cares that much if you smoke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:50 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I know very little about the weed, not being a user, but in 2000, Portugal decriminalised the possession of all drugs and their crime rate *and* drug use has declined very year since then.

Of course, or politicians don't want to talk about the Portuguese experiment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

While I'm not too sure about the decriminalization of *all* drugs, I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana, at the least for medicinal purposes. I don't know if it makes me a hypocrite, but I feel that heroin and other opiates, cocaine, and crack cocaine are too detrimental to the user to be legal. I've known many people who have overdose and died from the use of those drugs. Never met someone who overdosed from marijuana, maybe just ate all the food in their fridge.
Though, San Francisco has such a large group of hardcore drug users, they've pretty much wrangled them into one area, the Tenderloin area, where they pretty much use at will, in public, even in front of "Community Ambassadors" and in plain sight of Mobile Police Units --> Click here to see some evidence of it. It seems to work for them, so who knows.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:36 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I would decriminalize marijuana, and what may amuse and surprise some people is that I'm not a user of it myself (well, it's been a little over 20 years since I used it).

-Our governments are missing out on huge sums of tax dollars.
-Instead, we spend huge sums of money fighting a losing way on these drugs.
-Legalizing would go a long way towards ending a lot of violence in countries like Mexico, Colombia , etc. It's easy for us to ignore the dumping of 75 bodies, dismembered by the drug cartels, when it's not happening in our country.
-Countries like the US (this isn't to pick on our American friends) spend massive amounts of money locking up non-violent drug offenders.
-There really isn't much of a point in prohibiting the sale of a product which is so overwhelmingly in demand. It's beyond naive to think that people won't step outside the law to buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:44 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:58 am 
Squire

41 total thanks.
Say thanks

Duckvader wrote:

what's going to stop people from smoking while driving or even working. You'll be driving and working high which doesn't work well at all. And even if they try a "don't smoke, don't drive" thing, it would be rather difficult to tell the difference between a cigarette and marijuana. Just my 2 cents.

The government is said to be developing devices to test drivers for drugs

Doesn't cannabis/marijuana cause mental problems in some people, notebly paranoia.

Not all people who smoke cannabis go onto harder drugs but most people who take harder drugs start on cannabis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:03 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

All for legalization if the proper precautions are taken and rules created. I don't see it as a gateway drug, I don't use it now either and can see how it can impact us less in a negative manner than alcohol and cigarettes. I won't even get into how much blood won't get shed daily due to legal and taxation if that ever happens.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:08 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I am on the same page as Impulse.As a long time supporter of the Legalise movment here in my country I have to say that YES it should be legal.

Of course some research I have read states that If it is used before the age of 19/20 it can cause mental problems if the CBD content of the drug is higher than the THC content. This is due to the brains chemestry not being fully developed and it blocks the receptors in the brain and can cause schizophrenia and depression.

But i would be amiss if i did not mention the massive leaps that have been made with the introduction of medical "marijuana" as a treatment for pain and slowing the effects of MS and it's clear performance in helping Glocoma.

But If you use it in moderation like any other substance such as alcohol it will only be good.

I put that word in quotes because it's not the real name of the drug and is wrong it's a cannibas plant.

And you can also blame william randalf hurst for it being illegal in the first place because of the threat that it posed such a finacial threat for his lumber mills because it can be used to make paper,clothes and many other useful products. Because of this he lobbied the US government to have it made illegal. SO it's all his fault because all countries followed suit.

With Europe's finances in the crapper at the minute the financial benifits for governments legalising Cannibas can not be underestimated, and the job creation lets not forget that.