Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:12 pm 
Serf

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm gonna have to say Nightcrawler. :nightcrawler:
Admittedly in part because the opening fight scene of X2 with him in the white house was imho one the the best superhero/vilan fight scenes ever.

Post subject: Re: List The Most Underrated X-Man And Why
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:13 pm 
Knight

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

ehen wrote:
my choice is colossus.
i feel he never has had his so called 15 minutes.
has there ever been a more mysterious character?
i personally do not care for him,but, i would like to get to know what goes on in his Russian head.
has he ever had a true on going?
i am sure there have been one shots,but do we really know who he is?
i feel his time is due,the only "bummer" is that i would more than likely not even read it!
sorry colossus!

I think after his new transformation, he's bound to get some attention..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:12 pm 
Squire

18 total thanks.
Say thanks

Banshee:

He's proven himself as a great leader and father figure to Gen X. He is smart, accomplished (he was an Interpol agent) and he doesn't have any emotional baggage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:28 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

agree with you both sinister is hardcore.
marrow is a personal fav, always wanted to see a little more of her, so much potential as a messed up character. liable to do anything.
what ever happened her.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:02 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I think X-man Nate Grey. The original inception of the character was great, Cable without the technorganic virus. But once they crossed him over they made him a second hand puppet with so little direction.

Also, Iceman. Trying to keep that goofball sensibility can only go so long. And even if they've hinted at some progress with his powers, there is no character development. Think about it, this is one of the original X-men, look at where the others have gone! Beast, Angel/Archangel, Cyclops. All three of them have seen great stories were they grew into adults. Even the dead Jean had more depth than Iceman.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:37 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

CactusFunk wrote:
planetgreen wrote:
havoc had his own comic book moron!! he isn't underated. scott and havoc are in multiple comics, and he's in X-Factor, a comic book series!
you sound very uncomic savvy

I think that's a bit harsh. I would say that Gambit is underated and he's been in loads of stuff by himself. You're confusing 'underated' with 'underused'.

I agree about Gambit and was going to state that I am torn between Gambit and Colossus as the most underrated. Colossus tended to get shuffled about depending on which author took over, he got killed off and then returned under the mighty pen of Joss Whedon only to then fall slightly to the wayside once Kitty Pryde was sent away. Gambit, I totally agree, was underrated. I think he has a great deal of potential that has yet to be tapped. Especially as he is simply pining away in the current Legacy series ... sigh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:24 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

Iceman is finally getting some respect in the X-Men comics. After the latest Age of Apocalypse arc, he's finally figured out some of the more powerful uses of his abilities.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:36 am 
Merchant

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Kitty....from what i see she seems to be underated in the books and TV series (evolution and Wolverine and the Xmen) mainly because of her size...but until I saw her take down a sentinel in 8 seconds....nuff said

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:27 pm 
Knight

40 total thanks.
Say thanks

impulse wrote:
Iceman is finally getting some respect in the X-Men comics. After the latest Age of Apocalypse arc, he's finally figured out some of the more powerful uses of his abilities.

It took so bloody long though! I can remember when Emma took his powers and demonstrated their potential and that was years ago!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:49 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Jubilee.

Fireworks are kind of crazy... You can blow yourself apart with them... If I remember right she alway went for the lame sparkly fireworks... If I could generate fireworks I would make some quartersticks and M80's.... and be the most dangerous comic character.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

jmath15 wrote:
I'm gonna have to say Nightcrawler. :nightcrawler:
Admittedly in part because the opening fight scene of X2 with him in the white house was imho one the the best superhero/vilan fight scenes ever.

Nightcrawler got his own team to lead in Europe called Excalibur. I don't think he was underrated at all. Sorry, I must disagree. He was ... literally one of those characters considered to be the "heart/conscience" of the X-Men. There were several, but he was a main one. And several X-Men characters have cited his death has being the catalyst for the all the baloney that is currently being experienced by the X series across the Marvel board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:16 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'd have to go with Nightcrawler and Beast, they have been used but never given a proper run in my mind

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:15 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I feel like Colossus has been given a raw deal, especially in the films so much more could have been done with him, where's the back story I'd love to see him featured and done right on the big screen. C'mon he's made of organic metal, Tony Stark aint got shit on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:37 am 
Knight

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

* Vote totals w/a slight margin of Error as it includes multiple nominations and non X-men:

1) Iceman - 21
2) Gambit - 11
3) Nightcrawler - 10
4) Banshee, Colossus - 6 ea.
5) Beast - 5
6) Cannonball, Jubilee, Toad - 4 ea.
7) Chamber, Dazzler, Havok, Longshot, Sinister - 3 ea.
8) Bishop, Franklin Richards, Husk, Kitty Pryde, Magneto, Polaris, Sunspot, Warpath, Xorn - 2 ea.
9) Angel, Blink, Blob, Boom-boom, Cable, Celia Myers, Cypher, Darwin, Dust, Elixir, Emma Frost, Ernst, Exodus, Jamie Madrox, Maggot, Magik, Marrow, Mastermind, Morph, Mystique, Nate Gray, Phantomex, Prodigy, Rachael Summers, Skin, Stacy X, Storm, Wolf Cub, X-23 - 1 ea.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:39 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Colossus, granted he has gained a heck of a lot of momentum and focus after the events of Fear itself, gaining the power of the Juggernaut. But for the longest time I felt personally that he was left out of the picture when people think of the Xmen. I really enjoyed the Joss Whedon xmen comics that dealt with Kitty Pryde and her relationship with him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next