Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: EVANS vs RAMPAGE! Finally!
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:31 am 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
506 total thanks.
Say thanks

I bet Rampage, with all his rage will spill blood in the cage. Rashad better come prepared or he's gonna get a beating!

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:29 am 
Knight

183 total thanks.
Say thanks

Here's the thing. People believe this fight will be close, but on paper it isn't at all.

Rashad is small when compared to the majority of fighters at 205 and relies on his wrestling, always an uphill battle when fighting bigger men. His footwork and head movement are lousy. He picks predetermined patterns to move his head in rather than slipping his opponents punches, and he doesn't know how to circle correctly or cut off the ring to set up a takedown attempt. He's not a heavy handed puncher and his primary stand up "skill" is boxing. He also has a suspect chin as the one heavy handed guy he's fought at their best knocked him silly with relative ease. Any time Rashad gets into the second round he's breathing very heavy and his hands drop about 3 inches below his chin and get lower with each passing round.

Rampage has fought much more accomplished wrestlers in both freestyle and Greco Roman disciplines with better takedowns like Matt Lindland and Dan Henderson, both of whom could hardly get him down. If Rashad is to get him to the ground, he'll likely have to pull guard and I can't see him submitting Rampage from his back or sweeping him as Rampage has excellent top control. Rampage has a much more orthodox boxing technique, working behind a jab and posseses VERY heavy hands capable of KOing nearly any light heavyweight with one or two clean shots. He has an EXCELLENT chin so I doubt Rashad's ability to hurt him. His stamina and training habits have come into question, but from the looks of his camp on UFC Prime Time he's working very hard, and even if he wasn't Evans isn't a guy who's capable of pushing him that way.

Rampage should end this late in the first or early in the second on a big right hand/left hook combination after Rashad tries holding him up against the fence ala Randy Couture for most of round one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:19 pm 
Knight

70 total thanks.
Say thanks

I can't wait to see Rampage knock out Rashad. To me Rashad just seems like a cocky lil s**t talkin bastad. Rampage seems like a real cool dude even though he's a meathead..........LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:22 am 
Squire

25 total thanks.
Say thanks

After watching that fight ive never been more pissed off in my life, i had to get a cold drink and read a comic to calm my nerves lol

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:15 pm 
Knight

183 total thanks.
Say thanks

qman wrote:
After watching that fight ive never been more pissed off in my life, i had to get a cold drink and read a comic to calm my nerves lol

I still don't understand how they scored rounds two and three for Rashad. It was obvious he won the first with his big right hand and the takedown, but in round two every takedown he attempted was stuffed meaning he was outgrappled, and in the third round he was badly hurt and nearly knocked out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:57 am 
Knight

439 total thanks.
Say thanks

Rashad won the first 2 rounds easily....Rampage got a good punch in and couldn't finish and then preceded to get taken down and beat up.

Rashad made a good account for himself and won the fight for sure.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:50 pm 
Knight

183 total thanks.
Say thanks

J Daz wrote:
Rashad won the first 2 rounds easily....Rampage got a good punch in and couldn't finish and then preceded to get taken down and beat up.

Rashad made a good account for himself and won the fight for sure.

UFC Scoring Criteria: Effective striking, effective grappling, aggression, octagon control.

Since round two was basically exclusively grappling, Rampage won because he clearly outgrappled Rashad as he stuffed every takedown attempt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:37 am 
Knight

70 total thanks.
Say thanks

That fight was horrible. All that hype and trash talking for nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:22 pm 
Squire

21 total thanks.
Say thanks

Fight went exactly how I expected. I just assumed Jackson would have tried a little harder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:11 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Rashad is going to loss, but it will be close. Ramage in the first one was not very healthy and will come in way better shape