Say thanks

Awesome, my favorite manga and one of the best in history

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:19 am 
Serf

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

One Piece is epic, the best shounen out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:55 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Only really watched the anime, but just started catching up on the manga and I'm loving it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:30 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

it is my favorite manga

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:52 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

RazorGolem wrote:

Eiichiro Oda has done a fantastic job of keeping the characters evolving, and still very true to their roots/origins.

One of my biggest problems with most American-based comics is that they change writers so much that, so many characters feel very alien and unfamiliar from time to time. And sometimes they do a big shake-up, then turn around and reset it back.

When I was firs tintroduced to One Piece, the art style really put me off. Some of the characters looked very odd, and outlandish. But as I got into it, all the exaggerations and oddities really helped overall 'feel' of the story. These elements really helped selling the funny situations, and the serious/sad ones.

I get you. This is why I love OP so much. Oda is just so consistent and planning ahead. I at least feel like the Strawhats are going somewhere and getting to their goal without destroying their personalities.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:37 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

jeun-chan wrote:
RazorGolem wrote:

Eiichiro Oda has done a fantastic job of keeping the characters evolving, and still very true to their roots/origins.

One of my biggest problems with most American-based comics is that they change writers so much that, so many characters feel very alien and unfamiliar from time to time. And sometimes they do a big shake-up, then turn around and reset it back.

When I was firs tintroduced to One Piece, the art style really put me off. Some of the characters looked very odd, and outlandish. But as I got into it, all the exaggerations and oddities really helped overall 'feel' of the story. These elements really helped selling the funny situations, and the serious/sad ones.

I get you. This is why I love OP so much. Oda is just so consistent and planning ahead. I at least feel like the Strawhats are going somewhere and getting to their goal without destroying their personalities.

I kinda agree, though the persistency of original jokes which somewhat define the characters can get abit anooying(Like soul kings constant lame jokes). But yeah, i'm posting in here since i really love the manga, i think i read it in a week or so, simply couldn't stop(:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:14 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Nimajeb wrote:
jeun-chan wrote:
RazorGolem wrote:

I kinda agree, though the persistency of original jokes which somewhat define the characters can get abit anooying(Like soul kings constant lame jokes). But yeah, i'm posting in here since i really love the manga, i think i read it in a week or so, simply couldn't stop(:
one piece is one of my all time favorite manga/anime out there. i mean the way that oda transforms the series from comedy to action to drama is just amazing not to mention that it leaves you yearning for the next issue.i is just amazing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:51 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I wish naruto and bleach were nearly as good as one piece. I used to enjoy naruto and bleach a lot, but they are just forcing it now. They should have ended years ago in my opinion, bleach in particular. mainly because there plot was just not made for a long run. Where as one piece is still going strong, with many years left in it due to the plot being designed to last a very long time. Its great i love it.

Post subject: Re: ONE PIECE!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:43 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

i love luffy's alliance. they have enough manpower to take down an emperor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:15 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I love the One Piece manga and have been reading it weekly for close to 10 years now. I never gotten a chance to watch the anime though, how does it compare against the manga?