Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: NFL 2012-2013 season
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:16 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

the NFL 2012-2013 season is about to being.

Who is your team?
Which teams are the most intriguing?
Superbowl predictions?
Players/teams to watch?
What do you think of replacement refs?
thoughts on lifted ban on saints players?

Last edited by jizzme on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:28 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

NY Jets -Tebow Time lol
Colts and Redskins - Andrew Luck and RGIII gonna be interesting to see who has the better season
NY Jets (there my team gotta pick them) vs NY Giants battle of New York, Tebow beats Manning for the Superbowl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:17 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

Steelers are my team. I would like to see them go all the way this year, but with the new offensive coordinator, i expect there to be a lot of bumps.

I hate Rex Ryan, but I'm interested in seeing how the Jets do with basically two starting quarterbacks. The Broncos are another interesting watch, moreso Peyton than anything else. Is he as good as he was before surgery? Will he do for the Broncos what they didn't give Teabag the time to do? Also interested in the Colts season, is Luck gonna make his mark and have Indy folks saying Peyton who?

I'd like to see the Steelers in the Superbowl, maybe against 49ers..:shrug: PRobably end up being the damn Patriots against Giants again. :shrug:

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:43 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well i'm a huge Giants fan but it is so hard to repeat...I think the Packers take the whole thing this year...big chip on their shoulder. I say they beat either Houston or New England in the Super Bowl...Go G-men as always!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:35 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I am so sick of the Jets and because of the last few years they've driven me to become a Pats fan, because they're just that damn good. I've been listening to a sports radio and I'm under the influence that all this media attention is really going to destroy their team.

I really don't think the Giants get back to the superbowl if even make the playoffs. That division is tough and manning isn't going to light it up all the time.

I think Luck actually gets a huge pass because they're essentially rebuilding. Steelers is an interesting case. I really hope their defense holds up after the embarassing ending to last year and for the sake of my fantasy team. I'm on the packers bandwagon too to get deep into playoffs.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:30 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

jizzme wrote:
I'm on the packers bandwagon too to get deep into playoffs.

Boo! Hiss! Packers suck! lol. My coworker is a big Packers fan, his family bought some stock in the team when they went public years ago.. Funny thing, 2 year ago, the day after the Pack win in the Super Bowl, he came in talking smack about the Steelers sucking. 2 1/2 hours into the day, he was climbing up a ladder when the leg snapped, he fell and broke his arm in two places. Last we saw of him for 6 months. Let that be a lesson in talking smack on the Steelers. lol.. I know it was just a coincidence, but all of us couldn't help bringing it up when he came back.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

A bit of info for UK fans.

BBC Sport wrote:
The BBC is to broadcast the NFL's Monday Night Football for the 2012 season. Coverage starts on 10 September, with Cincinnati Bengals playing Baltimore Ravens and San Diego Chargers facing Oakland Raiders. The games will be live on the BBC Red Button and BBC Sport website, while Radio 5 live sports extra will also have at least one commentary per week. The season finishes with the Super Bowl on 3 February 2013.

There will also be BBC coverage of the Wembley clash between the New England Patriots and St Louis Rams on Sunday, 28 October, as well as weekly play-off highlights in January.

Radio 5 live sports extra's first game will be the match between Super Bowl champions New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys. Coverage of the Giants v Cowboys game begins at 01:30 BST on Thursday, 6 September.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:06 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
A bit of info for UK fans.

BBC Sport wrote:
The BBC is to broadcast the NFL's Monday Night Football for the 2012 season. Coverage starts on 10 September, with Cincinnati Bengals playing Baltimore Ravens and San Diego Chargers facing Oakland Raiders. The games will be live on the BBC Red Button and BBC Sport website, while Radio 5 live sports extra will also have at least one commentary per week. The season finishes with the Super Bowl on 3 February 2013.

There will also be BBC coverage of the Wembley clash between the New England Patriots and St Louis Rams on Sunday, 28 October, as well as weekly play-off highlights in January.

Radio 5 live sports extra's first game will be the match between Super Bowl champions New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys. Coverage of the Giants v Cowboys game begins at 01:30 BST on Thursday, 6 September.

i'm a fan of sky sports...

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:15 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

jizzme wrote:

And I don't want to hand over a load of cash every month for a limited amount of programming that I'm actually interested in. But that's just me...

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:26 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
jizzme wrote:

And I don't want to hand over a load of cash every month for a limited amount of programming that I'm actually interested in. But that's just me...

who say anything about handing over cash?!?! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:57 am 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

Who is your team? : The New England Patriots --- Ever since I was a kid, before they won 3 super bowls.

Which teams are the most intriguing? I want to see what the Panthers will do this year, I think Cam Newton is going to be an amazing QB, he's only going to grow.

Superbowl predictions? Pats Vs. Pack, I want Pats to take it (Of course)

Players/teams to watch? RG3 will have a huge year IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:55 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

I think the Eagles will make it very far this season. They failed to live up to expectations last year and that will only spur them damn hard to prove their doubters wrong. Packers will most probably make it to the finals...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:06 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

xavi wrote:
I think the Eagles will make it very far this season. They failed to live up to expectations last year and that will only spur them damn hard to prove their doubters wrong. Packers will most probably make it to the finals...

i dunno how vick gets 2-100 million dollar deals when he's never won a playoff game..

...its like obama winning the next presidential election...zing...

i am neither republican nor democrat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:37 am 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

Now that the first week is almost over (save for Monday games) I'm eager to see what everyone says. Pats pulled of a nice win, Eagles cut it close and looked sloppy.

What's funny is a lot of veteran QB's threw multiple INT's while RG3 had an amazing show against the Saints.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:33 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

fezzdogg wrote:
Now that the first week is almost over (save for Monday games) I'm eager to see what everyone says. Pats pulled of a nice win, Eagles cut it close and looked sloppy.

What's funny is a lot of veteran QB's threw multiple INT's while RG3 had an amazing show against the Saints.

I don't see how that is funny? its week 1 and no one has tape on the redskins, less tape on how RG3 would perform. Luck had INTs, he threw INTs and he's a rookie/#1 pick. Manning's a vet coming back from multiple neck surgeries and he played well. Weeden's a rookie and he looked horrible...matt ryan is a 5 year vet and he played awesome...