Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
621 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
A bit of info for UK fans.

BBC Sport wrote:

Spoiler: show
The BBC is to broadcast the NFL's Monday Night Football for the 2012 season. Coverage starts on 10 September, with Cincinnati Bengals playing Baltimore Ravens and San Diego Chargers facing Oakland Raiders. The games will be live on the BBC Red Button and BBC Sport website, while Radio 5 live sports extra will also have at least one commentary per week. The season finishes with the Super Bowl on 3 February 2013.

There will also be BBC coverage of the Wembley clash between the New England Patriots and St Louis Rams on Sunday, 28 October, as well as weekly play-off highlights in January.

Radio 5 live sports extra's first game will be the match between Super Bowl champions New York Giants and Dallas Cowboys. Coverage of the Giants v Cowboys game begins at 01:30 BST on Thursday, 6 September.

this is nice to read! whilst I'm only a casual observer (Panthers fan by default), and it's easy enough to catch a stream... at least the better quality/reliability would be something. perhaps.

jizzme wrote:
i'm a fan of sky sports...

in what context? the programming?

Spaced wrote:
And I don't want to hand over a load of cash every month for a limited amount of programming that I'm actually interested in. But that's just me...

it's not just that, though. there are 101 issues to poke at Murdoch's empire.

and sure, change is change. the evolution of the fan experience is what it is.

but - and admittedly, it's not just because of Sky's hold on the game, although that is unquestionably a major factor - to put it into context, here's a personal example:

this coming weekend, I shall be travelling to Cardiff for the Leeds match. it'll be our first Saturday 3pm of the season.

the last match I went to was Blackpool at home, which was early February. that, fittingly, was the last Saturday 3pm we had.

s'weird, innit? :neutral:

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:51 pm 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

jizzme wrote:
fezzdogg wrote:
Now that the first week is almost over (save for Monday games) I'm eager to see what everyone says. Pats pulled of a nice win, Eagles cut it close and looked sloppy.

What's funny is a lot of veteran QB's threw multiple INT's while RG3 had an amazing show against the Saints.

I don't see how that is funny? its week 1 and no one has tape on the redskins, less tape on how RG3 would perform. Luck had INTs, he threw INTs and he's a rookie/#1 pick. Manning's a vet coming back from multiple neck surgeries and he played well. Weeden's a rookie and he looked horrible...matt ryan is a 5 year vet and he played awesome...

I don't see your point to provide a rebuttal. It's funny, not for the rookies (hence why I wrote "veteran QB's". Veterans that had such high hopes throwing so many picks, mainly Vick and Fitzpatrick. I suppose the word "while" can be misleading, it was meant to be another idea entirely. My bad on the grammar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:01 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I am officially off the packers bandwagon after week 1 and on SF 49ers...still rooting for the pats!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:50 pm 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

jizzme wrote:
...still rooting for the pats!

Then we are friends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:13 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

hate the Patriots. But Brady appeared at the top of his game, as always. <_<

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:46 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

week 2 review: gosh my fantasy team sucks...thanks a lot chris johnson!
NE TEs need to stay healthy if they expect to get back into the superbowl game...and they need to utilize welker more into offense...he was their pulse last season

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:07 am 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

The replacement officials are KILLING ME! It's just so bad that the games are unbearable. I hope the real officials are back by week 6 (going to Seattle to see the Pats).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:43 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

regular refs are back, pats in the hole, chris johnson is a bastard atlanta on fire!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:57 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

The Jets got their faces smashed in by the 49ers.. RR sucks.

and the steelers had their bye week, hopefully not gonna let any bs like against oakland happen again. how fucking embarrassing.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:33 am 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

impulse wrote:
The Jets got their faces smashed in by the 49ers.. RR sucks.

and the steelers had their bye week, hopefully not gonna let any bs like against oakland happen again. how fucking embarrassing.

Gooooooooooo Pats! lol Love watching the Jets get owned. I think their season is done though. No Revis, Holmes out for 2-3 weeks (supposedly). Mark Sanchez is.....well, back to being himself (terrible) and if the fans or coaching staff think that Tebow is the solution, well, LOL.

The Steelers are a good team (As much as I don't like them, I'm not petty), they won't let that happen again, especially not now since the regular officials are back. Only thing that can keep them back are injuries and their defense not playing up to par.
:thor:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:57 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

NFL is pretty fucked up right now...since everyone on my fantasy team sucks ass...don't know whats going on...i am hating the giants more and more and the pats are struggling...still early so we'll see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:37 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

The Steelers aren't doing too well either. Roethlisberger is putting up good stats, but the team just can't get it done. Lots of O-line injuries last game also. Baltimore is doing great, with the exception of Lewis being out for season. So I'm thinking at this rate, Steelers are gonna be lucky to take the division. Even Cinci is doing better.

And what's up with AFC East? Granted, they all have a better record than the Steelers, but Pats and Jets are both 3-3. And, holy shit, so are the Dolphins and Bills.

And how are the Falcons the only undefeated team?

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:58 pm 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

It's one of those years when all the bad teams somehow get good, but just for the year.

I was at the Patriots game this past weekend. It was a bunch of bull. Pete Carroll's game plan was lob the ball up and hope for pass interference. Russel Wilson will be in trouble for most of his career. I can't see him being anything more than lucky (which he has been all season). A poor show from our secondary also. Oh well, everyone in the AFC is doing poorly right now, except the falcons and the ravens. The Ravens just lost two of their best defensive players, and even though Ray Lewis may not be playing like he used to, it's his personality and energy that really brings that d to another level. The Falcons squeaked by on a couple of games, I can't see them being undefeated for too much longer.

Post subject: Re: NFL 2012-2013 season
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:07 am 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

san fran 49ers superbowl or bust. i'm happy we've finally moved on from alex smith!

Post subject: Re: NFL 2012-2013 season
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:12 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Joe Flacco got paid. Will be interesting to see what the Ravens can do with the rest of their FA's.