Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Section, New Discussions
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:31 am 
King

Thanked 4 times for this post.
11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

If I hadn't made this forum about comics then it would most likely have been about films.

I love them.

And what I really like about films is their ability to spark different things in different people. Case in point; some people saw Avatar and came away thinking that it's going to change the way we make films from now on because it was so beautiful to look at, others almost cried at the touching story and didn't think much about the graphics other than they looked good at the time.

So that's what the new 'Film Reviews' section is for; for you to tell us what you thought about a film. Don't narrate the whole story to us, actually tell us what it was about for you. Don't just tell us it was good or bad, tell us why.

I look forward to reading your thoughts. :)

Profile WWW  

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:18 pm 
Squire

Thanked 3 times for this post.
40 total thanks.
Say thanks

Avatar was, well, if we're talking about the story, for lack of a better word, mediocre.
While the Special FX was mind blowing, especially if you watch it in good 3d-iMax, the story was unoriginal, i know there is no original story in Hollywood, every story gotta come from somewhere, you just gotta twist it around somehow.

(I wont bore anyone with my boring thoughts, so, just gonna be brief.)
In my opinion...
Avatar was made just to introduce this so called "Revolutionary Effects", Cameron just took a story from a movie(Dances with Wolves), and use these new technique to impress people and make a load of money. There's no new twist, just fx.

So yeah, i liked it, but i don't think this movie isn't worth the 2 billion dollars it made.

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:25 pm 
King

Thanked 3 times for this post.
11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

Salaraphian wrote:
I wont bore anyone with my boring thoughts, so, just gonna be brief.

Did you not read my post? The whole point of the Film Reviews section is to tell us your thoughts... :poke:

Profile WWW