Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Namor vs Black Panther
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:05 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
30 total thanks.
Say thanks

I just need some info here to fill a gap..

I remember Namor attacking Wakanda because the avengers were there during the whole phoenix thing, and panther not liking it too much.. but from recent issues of new avengers it seemed to me that Namor was mad at the panther for destroying atlantis.. how and when did that happen?

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:17 am 
Knight

229 total thanks.
Say thanks

Check out New Avengers v3 #7 and #8. Namor wanted peace between Atlantis and Wakanda and T'Challa was basically on board. He still wanted Namor to pay for what he did but did not want to spill more Wakandian blood in a war.
However, the current Black Panther (T'Challa's sister) decided to go to war because "blood demands blood" and launched a surprise attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:10 am 
Knight

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

Exactly what I needed!
thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:31 am 
Knight

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

I like BP and Namor depending who is writing them. Don't get why they keep messing with fundamentally sound characters. But what I don't get about the war...
When were the Atlanteans recalled from the surface world and when did they rebuild Atlantis? As I understood it the entire Atlantean nation was sent to the surface years ago and all that remained were a few outposts such as what was beneath Utopia? Also I've always hated how the Nation of Atlantis has never been clearly defined... it is more than one city after all and it has existed for centuries without constant wars/want so it should be a powerhouse with a large population... not merely some underwater Atlanta where they use harpoons and tridents for everything.
Atlantis should easily have been able to kick Wakanda's tail. Wakanda and its military had just been decimated by Dr. Doom. Its entire economy was collapsed and without vibranium it had nothing to power the country.... then months later the Namor-Phoenix decimated it again with water. Namor alone could wipe it off the planet... the BP, Wakanda's protector, is little more than a bookish athlete with long finger/toe nails and a cat fetish. Besides... the Atlanteans have a ridiculous advantage in the ocean depths.
Sidenote: One last rant... wish Marvel kept continuity. Namor has proven himself a good man and loyal brother in arms. He respected Cap. - perhaps the only person Namor would bow to or take orders from. Steve is his bro (torch would be close) and best friend, , Namor would die for him in an instant... not take cyclops' side and fight against him (before possessed). He was a true Avenger/Invader and grew close to many members. He stood alongside Herc and Thor and was equally noble. Loved when he lost his temper and broke the meeting table and Cap. like a big brother told him he was going to pay for that... cut to Namor respectfully carrying in an elaborate 1 ton priceless table made from the seas' riches. Why ignore all that development and subtext? Benditis?