Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao. It's On!
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:45 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
506 total thanks.
Say thanks

Manny just agreed to the blood testing. Finally, we'll see the fight of the decade!

Can't wait, who do you think has the advantage?
Even if I'm from the Philippines, I still think Mayweather is far superior technically.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject: Re: Mayweather Vs Pacquiao. It's On!
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:25 pm 
Squire

72 total thanks.
Say thanks

Finally I really just want to see this fight I think Mayweather might win but it's a tough choice between both of them

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:27 pm 
Knight

506 total thanks.
Say thanks

Oh yeah, Pacquiao just also won a congress seat here in the Philippines, so that would be a factor to take into consideration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:38 am 
Squire

7 total thanks.
Say thanks

I initially thought the blood thing was an insulting gesture by Mayweather, but when I heard about the stipulation Pac-man put on Floyd, it didn't come off as severe a stipulation as Pacquiao made it out to be. I found it childish that both of these guys would put stipulations on each other just to fight though.

That said, at their best, I don't think Manny can lose this fight. Conditions of course really set the tone for fights like this, if one of the two fighters is not at their peak condition at the day of the fight then that can decide it more than anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:11 pm 
Knight

183 total thanks.
Say thanks

It's not on yet. That being said if it ever is on Floyd will kill him. Manny's just too hittable for his own good and if he's not using PEDs he's going to lose a lot of his physical strength which makes him so good on the inside, and his speed which allows him to attack from diverse angles on the outside.

Floyd is just too technically sound, and his right hand is going to be there to Manny's ribcage and chin for as long as Manny can stand. The most overlooked part of Pacquiao's game is how many openings he leaves that a quick technician can take advantage of. He also won't be making Floyd cut excess weight and kill his stamina like he did to Miguel Cotto and Oscar De la Hoya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:21 pm 
Knight

70 total thanks.
Say thanks

Money May is gonna knock Pacman out. But after this fight boxing is going to be snoozersville again for awhile.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:18 pm 
Squire

7 total thanks.
Say thanks

BrooklynBomber wrote:
It's not on yet. That being said if it ever is on Floyd will kill him. Manny's just too hittable for his own good and if he's not using PEDs he's going to lose a lot of his physical strength which makes him so good on the inside, and his speed which allows him to attack from diverse angles on the outside.

Floyd is just too technically sound, and his right hand is going to be there to Manny's ribcage and chin for as long as Manny can stand. The most overlooked part of Pacquiao's game is how many openings he leaves that a quick technician can take advantage of. He also won't be making Floyd cut excess weight and kill his stamina like he did to Miguel Cotto and Oscar De la Hoya.

If he's using PEDs it will show up even if he stops now, it's a blood test after all. If he's not using PEDs then he wouldn't have lost any power to begin with, so I'm not sure what point you're alluding to there. Secondly charging Mayweather 10 million per pound over the weight limit is huge, I doubt Mayweather can afford to not burn off the weight prior to the fight.

That said it's not a knock on Mayweather's ability, but I mean Manny has those quick compact burst combinations that seem to just obliterate fighters, has Mayweather ever fought someone like Pacquiao?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:39 pm 
Knight

Thanked 1 time for this post.
183 total thanks.
Say thanks

gimpo wrote:
BrooklynBomber wrote:

If he's using PEDs it will show up even if he stops now, it's a blood test after all. If he's not using PEDs then he wouldn't have lost any power to begin with, so I'm not sure what point you're alluding to there. Secondly charging Mayweather 10 million per pound over the weight limit is huge, I doubt Mayweather can afford to not burn off the weight prior to the fight.

That said it's not a knock on Mayweather's ability, but I mean Manny has those quick compact burst combinations that seem to just obliterate fighters, has Mayweather ever fought someone like Pacquiao?

Zab Judah is faster than Manny Pacquiao and only troubled Mayweather through the first four rounds. Lets not forget that Mayweather had a regular sparring relationship with Paul Spadafora whom many considered at one time pound for pound the fastest handed boxer in the sport. Speed is something Floyd has seen, and from elite level guys with better defensive capabilities than Manny Pacquiao.

Pacquiao's also been hurt by guys who hit much softer than Floyd, like Oscar Larios, Erik Morales, and Juan Manuel Marquez.

Marquez has shown better than anyone how much difficulty Pacquiao has with a counter puncher, and he's much slower than Floyd to boot in addition to his lack of pop when compared to Mayweather.

EPO is a PED that you can get out of your system very easily and one that people have alleged Manny is using. When Manny was insisting that he wouldn't accept testing within 14 days of the fight it seemed a lot of people felt EPO was what he was using, as he could get it out of his bloodstream in time to pass a pre-fight test, and have it circulating to the point of not being detectable if he took it 3 days before the fight for the post-fight test.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:02 am 
Squire

7 total thanks.
Say thanks

BrooklynBomber wrote:
EPO is a PED that you can get out of your system very easily and one that people have alleged Manny is using. When Manny was insisting that he wouldn't accept testing within 14 days of the fight it seemed a lot of people felt EPO was what he was using, as he could get it out of his bloodstream in time to pass a pre-fight test, and have it circulating to the point of not being detectable if he took it 3 days before the fight for the post-fight test.

Ah that's interesting, I had no idea there were PED's like that could leave blood detection so quickly, if he's indeed taking that then there might be some truth to your assessment. It'll be an interesting fight whenever it goes down, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:31 pm 
Serf

8 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah Mayweather is more skilled technically and has more power

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:02 am 
Squire

128 total thanks.
Say thanks

I don't know if this fight is really going to happen, with both camps still fighting over issues. I want to say Pacman, but if its the Mayweather we saw in his last fight...I gotta give it to him, he just looked toooo good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:15 am 
Knight

506 total thanks.
Say thanks

Quote:
I want to say Pacman, but if its the Mayweather we saw in his last fight...I gotta give it to him, he just looked toooo good!

True that.