Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Marvel's Next Batch of Movies Announced
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:46 pm 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Marvel have announced their next batch of movies up to the middle of 2019 at a press conference today.

Profile WWW  

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:12 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Wow. Wow. WOW.

Love that title for Guardians 2 lol

I know it's all cool to like only one or the other (a la Oasis/Blur or The Cure/The Smiths) but as long as they're all quality, I'm just happy to be able to watch all the awesome DC (hopefully) & Marvel films that'll be coming out for the next 6 years!

Now, let the speculation begin! (I would speculate here but I'm on my iPhone so can't be bothered right now! ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:21 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

(kinda) sad to say but I've got zero interest in any of them if I'm being honest.

Never a fan of Strange, Panther, Ms. Marvel or Inhumans. Haven't seen any of the Cap, Thor or GotG movies so not bothered with sequels. Plus I must be one of the few people on the planet that didn't think much of Avengers so again not that fussed about seeing another one.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:52 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm surprised there is no Spiderman in the mix. Not that I have enjoyed those movies, personally, but I was under the impression they have been both successful and well received.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:07 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Despite being a Marvel character, the Spider-man movies are made by Sony not Marvel Studios. There are quite a few Spidey related movies on the way too though:

The Sinister Six [November 2016]
"Female Lead" Spider-man spin-off [2017]
Venom / Carnage [2017]
Amazing Spider-man 3 [2018]

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:10 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Ah, fair enough. Those are quite a few indeed. What's a good source for casting news, etc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:31 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm going to try to get this place back up & running so you can check back here for info :)

Some snippets so far:

Benedict Cumberbatch is in negotiations to play Doctor Strange but nothing confirmed yet.

Black Panther however has been cast. Chadwick Boseman (Draft Day, 42, The Kill Hole) will be playing T'Challa and will make his debut in CA3:CW.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:46 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'll be straight with you here - I'm a DC fan. While I enjoy the more mainstream Marvel characters (Spidey, Cap, Thor, Iron Man, DareDevil etc) I haven't read Doctor Strange very much, Black Panther or Ms Marvel at all, so while I think it's cool these lesser known characters are getting films, it doesn't make me as excited as the DC lineup did. But I did enjoy Avengers. ;)

Same with Guardians of the Galaxy. I knew who they were, thanks to Free Comic Book Day, but not much more than that. However the trailer fo GotG was fantastic & I took my family to see it & my girls loved it almost as much as me!! So I can't wait for the sequel.

As for the other films, I'll be interested to see how it all hangs together. Looking at the release schedule, & statements made by Marvel execs, that Cap will die at the end of Cap 3: Civil War. This will add to the changes made to the Avengers line up after AoU.

Then we have Black Panther & Doc Strange introduced, while the Guardians further the Thanos plot in some way, while Thor is dealing with Ragnarok (obviously), at the end of which he could be lost(? Not sure on this, as I have never read the Thor/Ragnarok comics, but I assume that Thor could "die" at the end, leaving the Avengers even more damaged - especially if this Ragnarok is created by Iron Man, like in the comics, further distancing Stark from the others)

That would leave us at the beginning of Infinity War, with a potential Avengers line up of Hulk, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Panther, Ant Man & Doctor Strange dealing with the arrival of Thanos.

This ends with the introduction of Ms Marvel (maybe? Her solo film, even though it's released after Infinity War 1 could be set before it, and end at the same point as Infinity War 1 does.)

Then Infinity War 2 brings in the Guardians & somehow reunites Cap, Thor & Iron Man along with the new Avengers as they all take down Thanos.

And I have no clue regarding the Inhumans, apart from thinking it's how the Marvel Cinematic Universe will get around the mutant/Fox problem, as has been suggested else where.

Only my opinion, obviously - just trying to help you keep the conversation going Spaced!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:53 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Thanks for the knowledge, Spaced and dragonwing. Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "get around the mutant/Fox problem?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:29 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Marvel can't use the term "mutant" in their films as Fox studios owns the rights to all things mutants/X-Men in movies. This is why Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver can appear in both the X-Men films & the MCU films as they have been both X-Men & Avengers but also why they won't be referred to as mutants in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Seems stupid to me, but there you go. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:28 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well fair enough. Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:45 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

They're releasing Black Panther two weeks before Justice League, but three years before Cyborg. I can't decide whether it's a challenge or coincidence.

Ragnarok covers a large portion of Thor. If it's the one of legend, then Loki can't be in charge of Asgard...

If Cap dies in Civil War, he will be back before Infinity War Part 2. Probably right at the end of Part 1.

Having Avengers 3 be a 2-parter is in no way just a coincidence, this long after DC announced Justice League being a 2-parter.

As for Captain Marvel and Dr Strange, I'm interested. Inhumans could go either way - they have to introduce an entire race AND cast of characters within the race.

I've yet to see GoTG, to my shame, because I love those characters - I'm sure I'll love it, 2 and any other sequels it gets.

Final thoughts: Isn't it funny that Marvel has Avengers, Guardians, Inhumans and the upcoming TV-movie Defenders - that's four teams of superheroes under their banner. And yet DC have struggled to get together one movie starring the biggest names in fiction.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:50 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I just hope that they had always planned for Avengers 3 & 4 to be connected quite heavily, and it wasn't just a knee-jerk reaction to Warner/DC announcing the two part Justice League.

I also wonder if, even though it hasn't been mentioned, the Netflix Defenders series will in some way tie back into the MCU, along with Agents of SHIELD, so by the end of Avengers: Infinity War we have seen the Avengers Mk1 (made up of the Avengers team in Avengers & Avengers: Age of Ultron), Avengers MK2 (made up of the lineup revealed at the end of Age of Ultron & the characters in the team in Avengers: Infinity War Part 1), Guardians of the Galaxy, the Defenders, Agents of SHIELD & all the standalone characters in one huge battle with Thanos & his forces! That would be.....insane. :shock: The shear amount of characters that could (potentially) be in Avengers: Infinity War Part 2 is HUGE!

Which could, obviously, lead to it being a HUGE clusterf..... :shrug:

Post subject: Re: Marvel's Next Batch of Movies Announced
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:13 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

I don't know how this incarnation of Civil War is going to go, but I hope that whoever manipulates Cap and IM into fighting each other will be secretary Dell Rusk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:31 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Concept art of Black Panther's costume:

Also, Marvel followed up all of this news with even more new footage from Avengers: Age of Ultron during Agents of SHIELD this week:

During the announcement event they also debuted another scene that highlights the growing tension between Cap & Iron Man (leading us further towards Civil War?):

(can't embed the clip so you'll have to follow the link)

Code:
www.movieweb.com/movie/avengers-age-of-ultron/end-the-team

And finally here is the teaser for Avengers: Infinity War