Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )



All times are UTC [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:55 pm 
Squire

Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:11 am
Posts: 28

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
I'm also now just realizing that Hulk isn't getting another film according to the announcements. Did they finally decide that he just wasn't bankable on his own? Also, does Avengers:AoU lead directly into Cap:Civil War? Almost a two-parter? The trailers and release dates make it look like it does.


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:25 pm 
Duke
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:03 pm
Posts: 9103
Location: Up north, England

Thanked 0 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
dragonwing wrote:
And finally here is the teaser for Avengers: Infinity War


The whooping & applauding at the end of these things always amuses/confuses me.

_________________
Image


 Profile WWW  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:42 pm 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 307
Location: Pembrokeshire, Wales

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
Yeah it hilarious isn't it?

I still remember going to see L.A Confidential in the cinema & at the end someone started clapping - soon died off as no one else joined in. Maybe it's just not a "British" thing? ;)

@docbronze - Hulk & Black Widow are said to not have solo films in Phase 3 as they appear in "many" of the Phase 3 films so maybe they're going to be our constants through all of them?

_________________
Image


 Profile WWW  
 

 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:05 pm 
Squire

Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:11 am
Posts: 28

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
dragonwing wrote:
I still remember going to see L.A Confidential in the cinema & at the end someone started clapping - soon died off as no one else joined in. Maybe it's just not a "British" thing? ;)
When Rambo (4) was released, I went with a good friend a fellow action film sympathist. As John Rambo finally comes home and the credits begin to roll, we begin The Slow Clap. To our unending amusement we got about half the theater going in a full round of applause. It was stunning.


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:15 pm 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 307
Location: Pembrokeshire, Wales

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
docbronze wrote:
dragonwing wrote:
I still remember going to see L.A Confidential in the cinema & at the end someone started clapping - soon died off as no one else joined in. Maybe it's just not a "British" thing? ;)
When Rambo (4) was released, I went with a good friend a fellow action film sympathist. As John Rambo finally comes home and the credits begin to roll, we begin The Slow Clap. To our unending amusement we got about half the theater going in a full round of applause. It was stunning.


That's brilliant lol

_________________
Image


 Profile WWW  
 

 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:38 pm 
Marquis
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:51 pm
Posts: 1394
Location: England

Thanked 0 times for this post.
563 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
docbronze wrote:
I'm also now just realizing that Hulk isn't getting another film according to the announcements. Did they finally decide that he just wasn't bankable on his own? Also, does Avengers:AoU lead directly into Cap:Civil War? Almost a two-parter? The trailers and release dates make it look like it does.

Neither of the two Hulk movies made back their production budget in domestic box office. So no, Hulk doesn't make enough on his own, sadly. I thought Incredible Hulk was a very fun movie.

_________________
Image

Watch Iron Manime!


 Profile WWW  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:57 pm 
Serf

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:51 pm
Posts: 3

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
Can not wait until everything releasing.


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Next Batch of Movies Announced
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:19 pm 
Count
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:50 pm
Posts: 3708
Location: Israel (Formly Russia)

Thanked 0 times for this post.
2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
I have to admit: this article does bring up some good points:
Code:
http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-reasons-last-weeks-marvel-announcement-might-destroy-them/

_________________
Image


 Profile WWW  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:52 pm 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 307
Location: Pembrokeshire, Wales

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
It does, doesn't it? I'll be honest, I'd totally missed the fact that we now know full well that Thor, Captain America & Iron Man all come out of Age of Ultron essentially unscathed due to the respective later films being announced.

That'll mean that, what ever danger those three characters are in, it'll never feel that dangerous.

_________________
Image


 Profile WWW  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:31 pm 
Squire

Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:11 am
Posts: 28

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
Spaced brought this up in the other movie thread, but this article really fleshed out the idea of too much interconnectivity. I didn't realize that The Guardians of the Galaxy were meant to team up with the Avengers in Infinity War. I don't like it. Guardians are a perfect example of a group that work better on their own. Heck, I didn't even think they were in the same timeline. One of the things I liked so much about their film was its lack of superhero…uhh…iness(?). Also, spoiling the fact that all of the big heroes survive the next two dozen films is an odd decision by Marvel. I always presume all of these characters and their sidekicks will live, but to implicitly state that is still unnecessary.


 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: