Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Marvel & Netflix TV Shows
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:36 pm 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Agents of SHIELD was only the first TV show in the works it seems. Marvel & Netflix have announced another five on the way - Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage and The Defenders.

Official Press Release wrote:
The Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) and Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) today announced an unprecedented deal for Marvel TV to bring multiple original series of live-action adventures of four of Marvel's most popular characters exclusively to the world's leading Internet TV Network beginning in 2015. This pioneering agreement calls for Marvel to develop four serialized programs leading to a mini-series programming event.

Led by a series focused on "Daredevil," followed by "Jessica Jones," "Iron Fist" and "Luke Cage," the epic will unfold over multiple years of original programming, taking Netflix members deep into the gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell's Kitchen, New York. Netflix has committed to a minimum of four, thirteen episodes series and a culminating Marvel's "The Defenders" mini-series event that reimagines a dream team of self-sacrificing, heroic characters.

Produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Television Studios, this groundbreaking deal is Marvel’s most ambitious foray yet into live-action TV storytelling.

"This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel's brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel’s specialty," said Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment. "This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what's sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure."

"Marvel’s movies, such as 'Iron Man' and 'Marvel’s The Avengers,' are huge favorites on our service around the world. Like Disney, Marvel is a known and loved brand that travels," said Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos. "With 'House of Cards' and our other original series, we have pioneered new approaches to storytelling and to global distribution and we're thrilled to be working with Disney and Marvel to take our brand of television to new levels with a creative project of this magnitude."

This new original TV deal follows last year's landmark movie distribution deal through which, beginning with 2016 theatrically released feature films, Netflix will be the exclusive U.S. subscription television service for first-run, live-action and animated movies from the Walt Disney Studios, including titles from Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Disneynature and Lucasfilm. Netflix members can currently enjoy a wide range of Disney, ABC TV and Disney Channel films and shows across the 41 countries where Netflix operates.

Profile WWW  

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:40 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well, this sucks. I guess Marvel hates people without netflix. I now have a reason to outright hate netflix, and not just get periodically annoyed by it. <_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:00 am 
Knight

40 total thanks.
Say thanks

*Head in hands*

NO NO NO!
Not stupid Jones/Cage/Baby/Relationship stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:13 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Ah, I didn't read that at first "unfold over multiple years"... That means we'll get one 13 episode series, then another one - not all four running concurrently.

I'm excited. I don't have Netflix, but I still managed to see Arrested Development is all I'm saying. So long as they stick to the MINIMUM of origin story (ie: a sentence) and a strong cast, I can see this building into Marvel having their own channel. Hopefully they will include Dr Strange in the miniseries. Out of all of the Defenders, he's the one they NEED.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:01 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

I know it's still specualtion but Strange is one of the names that keeps getting mentioned as part of the Phase 3 set of movies. If true then not sure how they'd work a TV/movie crossover with him.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:00 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

They're doing a Thor 2-Agents Of SHIELD crossover episode in a few weeks...

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:11 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

But Thor won't be in it. Its just SHIELD cleaning up the aftermath of the movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:37 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

I for one didn't think Nick Fury would ever grace AoS with his presence. Just because Thor and Loki won't be in it doesn't mean that nobody from future movies will appear in future tv shows.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:03 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

They've already said to expect more appearances in AoS from movie characters but they'll only be cameos/end credit bits, nothing substantive.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:26 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm quite keen about the Mavel/Netflix deal. One of the reasons why I liked heroes and Alphas (no ordinary family started to have potential before being cancelled!) and other shows of that ilk are because they were the closest I could get to a mainstream superhero universe on TV. Okay I know there has been Birds of Prey, Smallville and others which I love produced by DC, but Marvel were a bit lax on that front since the 70s/80s. To see them bring a host of characters to the small screen is very welcome and long overdue. Got no problem with Cage/Jones baby stuff as that is what drives most small screen stuff when the action has to let off a little.

I'll admit I don't have Netflix either, but have no problem getting it for stuff I know will make a subscription worthwhile. And failing that I'm sure popularity may see them getting picked up and shown on other networks…and stuff! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:41 pm 
Merchant

2,050 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm just hoping that they get some decent writers on board. AoS is faltering big time imo

Post subject: Re: Marvel & Netflix TV Shows
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:07 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Daredevil

Code:
http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/daredevil-elden-henson-netflix-series-foggy-nelson-casting/

Elden Henson will be Foggy Nelson, in the latest casting news. The rest of the announced cast are:

Quote:
Boardwalk Empire alum Charlie Cox is poised to Daredevil/Matt Murdock. Vincent D’Onofrio will co-star as villain Wilson Fisk(...), and Rosario Dawson is also aboard

I'm interested in who Lt. Torres will play.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:46 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm looking forward to these series. Maybe not as much as the forthcoming DC shows, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:33 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

So excited for the Iron Fist Tv show it is absolutely crazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:29 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Say hello to Luke Cage.

The Hollywood Reporter wrote:
Following an extensive casting search, The Following and The Good Wife alum Mike Colter has officially nabbed the sought-after role, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

During the course of an investigation in New York, private investigator Jessica Jones encounters the enigmatic Luke Cage — a man whose past has secrets that will dramatically alter Jessica herself in ways she could never have imagined.

Colter will make his Marvel universe debut with the recurring role opposite Krysten Ritter in Jessica Jones — the second of four dramas picked up straight to series — before being spun off to topline the Luke Cage show. He'll eventually team with Daredevil's Charlie Cox, Ritter and the uncast Iron Fist in mini The Defenders to conclude all four stories. Twilight's Melissa Rosenberg will oversee Jessica Jones.

Profile WWW