Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:59 pm 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Next to go is Scarlet Spider, cancelled at #25

Quote:
SCARLET SPIDER #25
CHRIS YOST (W)
DAVID BALDEON (A)
Cover by Ryan Stegman
LAST DEVASTATING ISSUE!
• It’s over. Kaine did his best to be a hero. He failed.
• What about Houston?! Who lives? Who dies? Is there a place for the Scarlet Spider in this world? The answers will surprise you.
• Two years and 25 issues have led to THIS! Guest starring: MEXICO!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:21 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

I don't want to take away Spaced's thing, but since it isn't up yet

Code:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48599

Quote:
Notably missing from Marvel's January Solicitations was Cullen Bunn and Will Sliney's "Fearless Defenders" -- and Bunn has confirmed via tumblr that December's "Fearless Defenders" #12 will be the final issue of the series.

"The book will end with issue 12," Bunn said in response to a fan question. "We’ll try to wrap up as many story elements as we can!"

Sales for "Fearless Defenders" have steadily declined since its debut in February 2013, despite some incredible cover work by Mark Brooks and the draw of an all-female Marvel superhero cast. September saw the lowest number of copies sold in the series' run (15,840), a number that seems even less impressive when contrasted with the first and second issue numbers -- 53,688 and 28,244 respectively. The biggest decline in sales came between the second and third issues, as the series dropped nearly 5,000 copies.

Although "Fearless Defenders" outsold books from other publishers in September, the only other Marvel NOW! book that it sold better than was the already-cancelled "Morbius: The Living Vampire" #9, with the closest other titles being "Wolverine MAX" #11 and the already-cancelled "Gambit" #17.

This sucks. I was really enjoying the book.

Post subject: Re: Marvel Cancellation Updates
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:05 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Killing me Marvel....I still don't forgive them for canceling Ghost Rider(and making it a chick) wth?...
This character stays in continuity hell it seems!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:34 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Not quite, next year you're going to have TWO different Ghost Riders in ongoing books ath the same time.

CBR wrote:
Now, writer Felipe Smith and artist Tradd Moore hope to bring the concept of Ghost Rider into All-New Marvel NOW! with the aptly titled "All-New Ghost Rider."

"All-New Ghost Rider" introduces Robbie Reyes, a high school senior that's young and inexperienced, but whose surrounding make him a perfect fit as the next vessel for the Spirit of Vengeance.

CBR wrote:
Come February 2014, with the release of "Thunderbolts" #20.NOW -- the de facto "Thunderbolts" #1 for the "All-New Marvel NOW!" promotional push -- the team is set to add a new member, one with a motorcycle and a distinctive flaming skull: Ghost Rider. Red Hulk brings in Johnny Blaze to deal with out-of-control team member Mercy, who's murdering innocents to further his misguided mission.

And another one that's biting the dust, Daredevil with #36.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:43 pm 
Knight

549 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:

And another one that's biting the dust, Daredevil with #36.

true.. but it seems they are doing that just to renumber with a new #1... though why they don't go on with #37.NOW is beyond me. Someone with Marvel indicated there's plans past this series with him

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:23 pm 
Squire

17 total thanks.
Say thanks

Scarlet Spider is getting canceled!? NOOOOoooooo.... He was my safety net while we are left with Peter Ockter...Dr. Spider-Pus....the ghost in the machine that is my favorite superhero.

Spider-Man needs a Batman Inc. universe.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:32 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Mother337 wrote:
Scarlet Spider is getting canceled!? NOOOOoooooo.... He was my safety net while we are left with Peter Ockter...Dr. Spider-Pus....the ghost in the machine that is my favorite superhero.

Spider-Man needs a Batman Inc. universe.

Ah crap. I really enjoyed Scarlet Spider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:53 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Two more gone, one likely to relaunch in some form and one maybe not so much.

WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN

Marvel Solicitations wrote:
WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #41 & 42
JASON AARON (W) • NICK BRADSHAW & PEPE LARRAZ (A)
Cover by NICK BRADSHAW
SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER! FINAL ISSUES!
• It's the end of the year for the Jean Grey school – but where do our graduates go from here? And who will have survived the experience?!
• Jason Aaron, Pepe Larraz & Nick Bradshaw bring the story of the Jean Grey school to a close!
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T ...$3.99 (EACH)

YOUNG AVENGERS

Keiron Gillen wrote:
Jamie and my plan was always to do a season telling a contained story, leaving room to continue it if we felt we had something else to say. When the time came around and Marvel asked if we wanted to do more issues, Jamie and I decided we’d actually made our statement, and should leave the stage. When we did that, Editor Supreme Lauren thought 'Well, Young Avengers has always been in seasons. It’s never been a traditional ongoing. It exists in these short runs, where the creators do what they wish, then step away. Rather than becoming just like everything else, we should institutionalize that.

In other words, while 'Young Avengers' is going away after issue 15, I’m sure it’ll be back in an excellent new form at a future point.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:14 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Given the new direction All-New Wolverine is taking, I knew that couldn't continue.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:02 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

It sucks that W&TXM is done. I'm hoping we get another book based in the school, because only having books about Cyclops's X-Men would be very weird. Hopefully another book will take over as the main book for the not crazy X-Men (I'm guessing that Amazing X-Men could fill that role, since the first issue already had the school involved).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:48 pm 
Knight

549 total thanks.
Say thanks

batman55555 wrote:
It sucks that W&TXM is done. I'm hoping we get another book based in the school, because only having books about Cyclops's X-Men would be very weird. Hopefully another book will take over as the main book for the not crazy X-Men (I'm guessing that Amazing X-Men could fill that role, since the first issue already had the school involved).

Post-Schism, I really enjoyed W&tXM the most out of all the X-books... shame it's ending... but it looks like Marvel is really trying to not let any book get too high in numbering... I don't think a book has gone over #40 in the Marvel NOW era... I'm sure it'll be back in some form or another

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:15 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

only1 wrote:
Post-Schism, I really enjoyed W&tXM the most out of all the X-books... shame it's ending... but it looks like Marvel is really trying to not let any book get too high in numbering... I don't think a book has gone over #40 in the Marvel NOW era... I'm sure it'll be back in some form or another

Blimey, calm down! Marvel NOW has only been on the go for a little over a year. Double shipping is bad enough, you'd have to almost weekly to hit #40 :)

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:14 pm 
Knight

549 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
Blimey, calm down! Marvel NOW has only been on the go for a little over a year. Double shipping is bad enough, you'd have to almost weekly to hit #40 :)

Haha... true... I was thinking of some of the series that started shortly before NOW... DareDevil, Scarlet Spider, Venom. Now WaTXM. Superior Spidey is at #21... and rumors are starting that in the first few months of next year we may see the return of Peter Parker... kind of fits the new Marvel modus operandi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:33 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

If Parker IS returning, it's as another clone. IIRC Slott has specifically said Parker's mind will not replace Otto's.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:32 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Looks like A+X is a goner.

Quote:
A+X #18
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & GERRY DUGGAN (W)
KEVIN NOWLAN & DAVID YARDIN (A)
Cover by KEVIN NOWLAN
A+X GOES OUT IN STYLE!
• Superstar BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS and comics legend KEVIN NOWLAN tell a scintillating tale of KITTY PRYDE + VISION!
• Gerry Duggan (DEADPOOL) and David Yardin (X-FACTOR) finish their rip-roaring CAPTAIN AMERICA+CYCLOPS story!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Profile WWW  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next