Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:19 pm 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

The best mangas for me is probably the 1st part of Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure, though the 2nd is okay, it's not the absolute best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:25 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Berserk. no contest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:29 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Berserk, Ao No Exorcist, Gantz, Naruto
these are manwhas (korean) but very well made: Tower of God, Witch Hunter
all are very well executed and pull you into them quickly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:34 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

hard to give a recommendation to that, most of the best mangas follow the developement of a character many times into the "super hero" region

Post subject: Re: New to Manga what are the must read English ones?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:11 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

My alltime favorites must be dragonball, hellsing and the katekyo hitman reborn! series...just to name a few. But as always it depends on you, wether you like the style of those. No comparison to the beautiful pictures of e.c. gene ha, cause most of these are black and white :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:09 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

MONSTER you might like worth checking out
20th Century Boys from the same guy who did Monster you might like
Golgo 13 manga you might like
look up stuff from Junji Ito if you like horror stories Uzumaki is really good
Berserk is awesome but I don't know if you would like it kind of like Conan on some bad acid but awesome art and story I can't imagine someone not liking Berserk but that's just because I love it

Post subject: Re: THE BEST MANGA EVER IS................
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:43 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Thats a hard one...
talkin about mini series....
I'll say Mugen No Juunin OR Samurai Champloo
don't know though.....There's also Basilisk and Shadow( :lol: )
.....LoooL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:25 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

i gotta say that i dont think naruto, bleach, or any of the big long-running mangas r the best. and considering ive nvr ever EVER heard of sgt. frog, i cant rly say how good it is. i thought samurai high school was rly rly good, although it was so super short

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:26 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

You don't even have to mention AKIRA!!!!It's a Classic , it was my first ever , it's in our heart and i believe it must not be compared to anything!!If you haven't seen it ,don't speak about manga at all...loool!!Its like saying oooOOO one of the best is NINJA SCROLL or Ghost in the Shell.......those manga are legends and will never ,in my opinion,be steped on ,no matter what comes out!!!That's why i choose between Basilisk , Blade of the Immortals , Samurai Champloo!!!

gosakurago is right---->Never heard of sgt.frog and series CAN NOT be compared to movies!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:02 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

some really good lesser known ones would b Samurai High School, Hajimete no Aku, and Dengeki Daisy

<3 Augie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:35 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I would recommend Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. All three mangas are still ongoing right now. But if you prefer something that is already finished/completed, then I would suggest Full Metal Alchemist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:51 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I would start with a shorter one, but can't think of an example so here is a list of ones I like with a comment of how hard it is to get into, sorted however I feel like sorting it.

*Not doing storyline summaries because you can just wiki it or something*

Psychic powers:
Psyren - Completed It's been a while since I had started this one, I think the start (first 2 or 3) was a bit strange but should be quick to get into.
*can't think of any more for category even though I'm sure there was another 2 I had in mind.

Fighting:
Kenichi History's Strongest Disciple- Ongoing There is an Anime if you want to watch the first episode or 2 to see what it's about (or watch the series and continue where it left off). I find it quite funny and fun with a good bit of excitement. I think this is another easy one to get into as a beginner

The Breaker - Complete *Manhwa which is chinese but I don't care if it's not technically a manga (japanese) it's close enough* Very similar to Kenichi (trust me read one and you will be drawing similarities from one to the other throughout), however more serious (still humor but it seems to be more focused at an older audience than Kenichi). Continued in "The Breaker: New Waves". It is a bit more difficult to get into because I found the main character at the start to be much less likable than Kenichi and I wanted him dead, but he gets better fairly quickly.

Transfer Student Storm Bringer - Ongoing This one is a treat, and quite possibly my favorite because of how amazingly it's pulled off. I must make sure not to divulge any information about this one. However It probably isn't great for a first one, after you've read a few or maybe start thinking the ones you are reading are kind of alike somehow, give this one a go. It breaks the monotony (for me at least).

Supernatural: (Probably should have put Psyren here but due to you not liking superpowers or something I figured that would be a better spot in case that was a dislike for you)

Claymore - Ongoing Could also be a fighting but its all sword fighting, I got into it expecting one thing (for some reason I was mixing it up with Clannad and thought it was a shojou Manga *Girls*) and got something completely surprising so I was drawn into it right away. This one has a higher gore factor (Though mostly blood spraying, then some lost limbs) than the others so far mentioned. I don't think any of it was very explicit, but if you have an aversion to blood or lost limbs etc. you may want to steer clear, however if that's not a problem I think it is an easy one to get into and enjoy right away. (Art is very simple at the start but it gradually gets better, so probably 20 chapters or so until it gets better, this wasn't an issue for me though.)

Blood + - Complete? This is the only one I haven't read, I watched the show and it was excellent... But I just felt the need to add this just because. (Vampires etc.) And I'm almost positive the manga is complete.
*Once again I forgot the rest of my ideas or some of them I felt like putting in different categories.

Survival: (Dunno why I'm doing this because I can only think of one off the bat that is easy to get started in).

Highschool of the Dead - Ongoing Zombies, 'nuff said, Either you love zombies or hate zombies, or maybe hate reading about zombies, that should be enough to base your decision on.

Other: (ahh such a creative category because I got lazy)

One Piece - Ongoing One Piece, Bleach, Naruto are (As I see it) considered the big 3, OP is my favorite and it's about pirates. The start can be a little slow, Once you have the Hang of the story line/background from the first few chapters, if you start getting bored you can skip ahead slightly, but as the story goes on it gets more and more epic. (Bleach started strong for me but then I got bored later on where this one was harder to start). I think this is a good starting one, however it might take a bit of effort to get into. The art might be an issue at the beginning for you too, however it gets better/grows on you.

Yandere Kanojo - Ongoing This one doesn't really have a solid story line, and is done kind of like the comic strips in a newspaper, its a romance one too, I enjoy it (I try to like something of everything and this one is funny too... so don't judge me!). Not a good starter one, however I found it easy to start so as a first manga, no, as an in-between or relaxing read with humor, yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:57 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I recommend, Vagabond, Full Metal Alchemist, Pluto and Hajime no Ippo

Last edited by Superhawk18 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:27 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

naruto, hajime no ippo, bleach, gantz, tough,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:32 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

hajime no ippo is great for you! no super heros just boxing champs!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next