Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: most underrated X-Men?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:10 am 
Serf

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Gambit, I can't believe he was not in the first x-men movies. That was stupid. He's always been one of my favorites. He just looks so awesome with his stick and the cards. Especially in Marvel vs. Capcom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:18 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Chamber. He is supposed to be an Alpha level telepath and telekinesis guy. I think he was used as an underrated character and no one new how to properly use the tone of the charater. Plus he was one of the few that had a very obvious physical mutation.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:08 am 
Knight

605 total thanks.
Say thanks

JimmyPonce wrote:
Chamber. He is supposed to be an Alpha level telepath and telekinesis guy. I think he was used as an underrated character and no one new how to properly use the tone of the charater. Plus he was one of the few that had a very obvious physical mutation.

YES!!! As I was rereading this thread (I originally voted Longshot) I began to think of Jono Starsmore...CHAMBER!!! Longshot is still very much underrated, but is given a shot to shine in X-Factor at least. Easily the best character in that series.

So now I'm going to have to go with Chamber! Former leader of Gen X, former member of X-Men (albeit for a very short time). And I loved the look of his character.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

DigDuglas wrote:
JimmyPonce wrote:

YES!!! As I was rereading this thread (I originally voted Longshot) I began to think of Jono Starsmore...CHAMBER!!! Longshot is still very much underrated, but is given a shot to shine in X-Factor at least. Easily the best character in that series.

So now I'm going to have to go with Chamber! Former leader of Gen X, former member of X-Men (albeit for a very short time). And I loved the look of his character.

Have to agree, he's also supposed to be an Apocalypse clone now,
Spoiler: show
though he may be back to his old self depending on how you interpret the end of Age of X

I'd give a close second to Bobby, he's never lived up to the hype of being an Alpha level since around the time that Emma took over his body.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:45 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Raziel wrote:
The island is sinking why not make a giant iceberg underneath. :namor:

You know that is a great point that I had never thought of, if the whole thing was on a giant iceberg they could just move around instead of being in one place all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:19 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

GAMBIT!! He has a unique ability (not that every superhero isn't unique) but he has this..umm.. THING (at a loss of words) about him!! and I concur with jewyz91 !! Gambit should've been in the movies too =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:06 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I would have to say Colossus because I don't read the comic books but in the movies, he's barely shown but he is such a bad-ass. He can transform into a metal form. Plus, he's Russian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:46 am 
Squire

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

i've always been a mark for Bishop. and why did they kill Nightcrawler???

Post subject: Re: most underrated X-Men?
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:09 pm 
Knight

13 total thanks.
Say thanks

not underrated but I've always found Cable to be my favorite x-men, probably just because the comic series Cable and :deadpool: has always been a favorite of mine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:13 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I would vote Nightcrawler personally, so much potential and yet sadly underused and underrated in my opinion. Plus he was visibly mutant and therefore couldnt fly under the radar, the awesome little demon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 2:16 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Nightcrawler and Colossus, but Nightcrawler seems to have a decent fanbase so I'm not sure he can be considered underrated...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:23 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I really like Cable - though the latest series wasn't fantastic - really liked the time travelling mysterious nature of the character, great sacrifice when he died though - hopefully he'll come back some day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 3:37 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Cannonball
- He defeated Gladiator once.
- He is an external (immortal, but still dont know what else means).
- supposedly with the same leadership qualities to scott

sorry for my english, thanks google translator..ja

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:00 pm 
Squire

42 total thanks.
Say thanks

Have you ever heard the expression "perception is reality"

Mastermind

He can create illusions to fool all 5 of your senses. It never translated well into comic book fights but think about what you could do with that power. The possibilites are endless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:19 am 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I don't know if I fully jive with the interpretation of "under-rated" as "alpha-level mutant who is a frequently featured member of an x-team, but has never been shown eating the world / manifesting black holes / freezing the universe / destroying reality half as often as the in-continuity description of their powers might suggest they could."

I agree with Dazzler --- she has nice balanced powers, is fun, and is not brought in and used as often as warrants.

I think Cypher was under-utilized --- a well-balanced character, powers that have a lot of potential, etc. Anything can be viewed as a language. Konrad Zuse viewed the universe as a giant calculating machine (over-simpifying here); perhaps Doug could figure out what it is calculating. Or he could develop a Burrough's-style word virus. There is a deep and fascinating connection between ideas from physics, mythology and literary theory connecting language and reality. Sadly, Doug never seemed to rise above "he can talk to computers and read body language, oh and he's not worth **** in a fight."

His inglorious death at the hands of Dr. Moreau knock-offs was really unsatisfying. Everything following really focused on the "techno-organic virus" stuff (that STD he got from Warlock really seemed to define his character, which is sad).

I don't read the Ultimate books, but it looks like he was featured there, wasn't a mutant, and was killed off. AoA, killed. Geshem, killed. Exiles, killed. Is there any reality that can fully utilize the potential of Cypher to tell great stories?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next