Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:35 am 
Knight

Thanked 3 times for this post.
568 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm jumping on the Iceman bandwagon. He was kick ass in Age of Apocalypse, and it seemed they would take him along that route in regular continuity also, but they have dialled him down a fair bit since then.

Also agree with the Nightcrawler idea
Quote:
'd have to say Nightcrawler. He was cool back in Excalibur but he needs his own series...where he is just teleporting people off buildings and into walls. He would be a great spy.
Obviously I'm a little biased :nightcrawler:

I think when he does come back (and he will come back) he will no doubt have to fight to regain his humanity in some way which will conflict with his demon side post death, but they should take the opportunity to make him a little darker and focussed. Not so much of the holier than thou character that her became.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:50 pm 
Knight

Thanked 2 times for this post.
549 total thanks.
Say thanks

I've always been a fan of Jubilee. Yeah, her powers suck but she is a great character and her growth has been slow and steady. She went from supporting cast in X-Men to main player in Generation X. After that title was cancelled she bounced around but after M-Day and then after Civil War she was featured again in New Warriors and was GREAT in that title, as well.

The whole vampire thing going on scares me... hope she doesn't die or get changed into a vampire full time. I'm hoping she gets her powers back and becomes a main player in one of the main X books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:57 pm 
Squire

52 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'll have to agree Mr. Sinister...He's one of my favorite villians of all time..He's like a thousand years ago, He's an evil sciencist, He creats Cable, He creats a machine to trigger DNA that he has implanted in other mutants, so he can try to come back...Somehow..they'll find a way...Maybe Miss Sinster ..will produce a genetic copy or have some kind of male clone made...but Anyway...He's pure genius and just looks really evil.

As far as X-men go though, I've always thought that Beast was underrated...He's blue and cool looking, maybe not as cool as Nightcrawler or wolverine but still he looks like a bad ass. He has super strength and agility. He's a doctor and sciencist. Oh and His name is " The Beast "

-JC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:19 pm 
Squire

53 total thanks.
Say thanks

i def. think iceman is the most underrated x-man and his power set has never fully been explored....plus dude is a founding member who gets no respect...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:36 am 
Squire

62 total thanks.
Say thanks

1 more for Iceman... Bobby will be luck to get one dialogue bubble per comic, and it's usually some lame comedy relief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:19 am 
Squire

134 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'd say Iceman too.. He needs a Solo series goddamnit.. BUT my vote goes for Nightcrawler, especially now wit the whole f-up thing they did. *thanks a LOT marvel btw* but yea, Kurt needs an ongoing series too :nightcrawler:

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:56 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

SAMURAi wrote:
I'd say Iceman too.. He needs a Solo series goddamnit.. BUT my vote goes for Nightcrawler, especially now wit the whole f-up thing they did. *thanks a LOT marvel btw* but yea, Kurt needs an ongoing series too :nightcrawler:

I'm sorry they decided to bump Kurt off...from leader of Excalibur to X-men, he's been through so much...one of the greatest in X-universe :nightcrawler:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:38 am 
Squire

3 total thanks.
Say thanks

Maggott
His digestive system is the form of two slugs
and was in Generation X for one issue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:54 am 
Squire

14 total thanks.
Say thanks

upz for iceman. Think he really deserves a solo

Post subject: Re: most underrated X-Men?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:37 pm 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

My vote is for Cannonball. Sam's grown from New Mutants to original X-Force to full membership and is somehow never part of a main storyline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:05 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Good Question.... I would say Darwin but Im not sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:38 pm 
Knight

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

Iceman. Though I concur with those who selected: Banshee, Sunspot , Beast and Cannonball.

Untapped raw power. He could be virtually untouchable if he lowered the temp around him to near absolute zero (and at absolute zero he should begin to effect matter/electrons/entropy/energy at the quantum level...yeah?). Seriously...he needn't always use ice constructs when he could generate intense waves of directional/omnidirectional explosive cold aka "frost novas". With a thought he could suffocate, freeze at the molecular level, or crush under hudreds of tons of ice. We should see many fighters drop upon approach as they are crippled by the cold radiating from his body...they should find it impossible to breathe as their lungs are shredded by cold, collapse into uncontrollable muscle spasms before passing out or exploding if he so desired.

Ice sleds. Another thing that keeps him underrated. You can't just leave hundreds of tons of ice all over the place. If he can stimulate/control movement of electrons through extreme cold or temp manipulation, ie at the molecular level shouldn't he be able to "glide," kinda static shock style, without ice bridges? (close enough to real science for the comic world right?)

Play in the majors. He needs to truly break away from the pack and be on par with magneto or vulcan. Until they use him as a powerhouse he's doomed to mediocrity. Like in the current Wolverine storyline where Scott gets an alpha class team to stop logan. Where was Iceman? He could easily freeze every muscle, cell, and sinew - temp. something a healing factor couldn't touch, until bobby let him thaw. Or he could drop the adamantium low enough to blister/explode the flesh off wolverines bones. No muscle...no movement.

Resources. Who wouldn't love to see him create a secret arctic ice base, reclusive ice training facility, authentic iceberg lounge, or mysterious ice cave? Perhaps on the shores of Lake Vostok? (with a little help from Warren/Hank)

Lethality. Like the human torch his powers are almost too deadly for them to use in most battles so most writers are forced to use them as weak comic gimmicks who always need rescue. I wonder if they shouldn't get the Nova treatment. Perhaps they could really come of age in the cosmic arena?

Last edited by hate2register on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:15 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Prodigy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:28 am 
Squire

43 total thanks.
Say thanks

what about Havok? i always liked the guy despite his costume and his powers look so cool compared to cyclops eye blasts... also sunspot i just like his look and hes not used much. but i gotta give my vote to ICEMAN hes a founding x-man and always takes the back seat for reasons unknown... i mean he was/is spider mans friend still right ? that should count for sumthing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:31 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Morph who was capable of shapeshifting into basically anything, regardless of size, shape, color, mass, or density. He can create objects out of his mass, including clothing and weaponry. A supposed egg-head. If he wasn't a clown he could have been a powerful leader.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next