Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:26 pm 
Squire

Thanked 3 times for this post.
18 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeh i definately got to agree with Ice-man. He isn't underused but in the X-men universe he is the most underrated characther. No one seems to take him seriously. He can literally stop global warming but he's too busy looking like a stupid snowman and chasing tail that he never gets. Dammit go back to being an accountant bobby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:10 pm 
Merchant

76 total thanks.
Say thanks

i'm hearing some very valid points about iceman that's hard to disagree with lol...

Post subject: Re: most underrated X-Men?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:36 am 
Knight

220 total thanks.
Say thanks

They are always talking about Iceman's unrealized potential but he never does anything with it. In The List - X-Men, he needed a telepath's help just to freeze a section of water about a football field long.

Underdeveloped. I like Bobby because I like all the original X-Men but he's the least of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:48 am 
Squire

17 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'd have to say Nightcrawler. He was cool back in Excalibur but he needs his own series...where he is just teleporting people off buildings and into walls. He would be a great spy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:15 pm 
Knight

1,396 total thanks.
Say thanks

gotta agree with Iceman, even ignoring he's an original, awful things have been happening to him that no one goes back to when they are given free time. They've made him weaker and a bit more useless except for making them water. The island is sinking why not make a giant iceberg underneath. :namor:

Post subject: Re: most underrated X-Men?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:58 pm 
Knight

Thanked 2 times for this post.
345 total thanks.
Say thanks

art4899 wrote:
They are always talking about Iceman's unrealized potential but he never does anything with it. In The List - X-Men, he needed a telepath's help just to freeze a section of water about a football field long.

Underdeveloped. I like Bobby because I like all the original X-Men but he's the least of them.

True, but he's come a long way since then. Some of the power stunts he's done since then have been pretty impressive. But the creators could take him even further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:59 pm 
Squire

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

Dazzler is so underrated because she has the most real world experience out of any of the X-Men. She's the only one who stayed in public high school and went to college for a four year degree in pre-law. She never felt the need to get into the world that the X-Men are in since she feels she could just live among the unwashed masses in secrecy. She's also very powerful and has been show to cut really loose with her light ability.

She could do a lot for the X-Men on the PR side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:30 am 
Squire

19 total thanks.
Say thanks

Cecilia Reyes:  Not only can she surround her body with a psioplasmic filled, she can control it to project the field into a weapon.  Plus she is a capable medical doctor and surgeon, making her the only member of the X-Men who is a true doctor of medicine.

Longshot: Genetically engineered and augmented by magical means to have certain superhuman abilities.  Telepathically "read" the recent memories of a person by making physical contact with him or her. Or read "psychic imprints" that people leave on objects that they have handled and sometimes can even look into the future of the person or object.  The mystical augmentation gave him the ability to affect probability fields through psionic means in order to give himself "good luck" in his activities. Which allows for incredibly unlikely events to happen in Longshot's favor. should he attempt to use his powers for a selfish or evil act, or should he give up hope, his powers will fail to function or even backfire, giving him bad luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:25 am 
Knight

236 total thanks.
Say thanks

I also have to vote for Longshot. Such a great set of powers, and so much could be done with him. There just seems to be a ton of potential for some really interesting stories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:16 am 
Knight

301 total thanks.
Say thanks

iceman is most underused had 2 panel of dicussion in the whole second coming and hes been a xmen since the beginning...doe longshot and domino have the same power?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:18 am 
Knight

214 total thanks.
Say thanks

Gambit is a mutant whose primary ability is the manipulation of energy. He uses the bio-kinetic energy his body produces to convert the potential energy of non-living matter into kinetic energy. The conversion process, referred to as charging, often results in a violent and powerful explosion. The explosion is proportional to the size of the object. In his first appearance and first demonstration of his powers he charges an object via an aura emitted from his eyes, rather than through physical contact.Because energy charges his body, Gambit has greater strength, stamina and agility than any non-powered human, able to leap from rooftop to rooftop, run across ropes and powerlines and do a quintuple somersault
that sounds pretty powerful but a case can be made for iceman or havok

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:15 pm 
Knight

172 total thanks.
Say thanks

I dont think gambit is underrated, if anything over... I second the Iceman thing, he is suppose to be an omega level mutant right?? and yet he's always in the background

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:50 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

Cannonball! That guy's power is superb...i mean he creates an INVULNERABLE force around him when he's in the air...anyway no really gives him the credit he deserves

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:13 am 
Knight

506 total thanks.
Say thanks

Imo, the most underrated mutant is Mystique. There are a lot of still untapped potential that writers just don't wanna delve into. A shapeshifting ability does the most damage. Watch Heroes. It's interesting to see that after Second Coming
Spoiler: show
a lot of mutants were "activated"
and this could be a good time to introduce another shapeshifter, get a better backstory for him/her, and let it loose!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:12 am 
Squire

11 total thanks.
Say thanks

I really think Toad is...
I mean the dude is a dork! but still he was always real active in the comics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next