Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Legalizing marijuana?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:15 am 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
321 total thanks.
Say thanks

I've recently been reading alot about marijuana legalizing, so I wanted to put it out here and see what your opinions are on the matter.

So as most of you know marijuana is looked at as a gateway drug(a drug that leads to the use of stronger drugs) which is said to be the biggest problem with marijuana.

So I want to know if you think legalizing marijuana would benefit society or not? how?/why not?

Some possible negative side-effects:
Quote:
- Reduced memory(short term and long term)
- Problems sleeping
- Altered mood
- Reduced testosterone
- Addicted on the high

It should be pointed out that all of these side-effects are results of long term use.
Feel free to speak your mind if you feel like I left something out or added something that shouldn't be on the list

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:32 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

Its hard to get that stuff here so i have absolutely no idea how it makes you feel (er i know it makes you high but just not quite sure as to what extent)...if its gets you super high then the negative effects stated above doesn't seem very costly compared to the great pleasure that it can bring you. But no i'm not advocating for the abuse of substances but sometimes i just feel that life is short and not often very enjoyable so as long as it doesn't cause hurt to others...why not just let go once in a while...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:50 am 
Knight

321 total thanks.
Say thanks

Personally I have only tried it a couple of times and the high definitely feels very good especially when you are with good friends and food tastes like heaven, but from what I have learned from friends of mine who has smoked a lot the high weakens in strength kinda like having to drink more to get drunk when you have had lots of experience with alcohol and that will result in a very light wallet.

Also I remember a friend of mine having an anxiety attack once.
This might have something to do with what some people say about you should really consider your state of mind before consuming marijuana.

Last edited by Maynpayn on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:38 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

weed is definitely NOT a gateway drug.. pure propaganda.

I've always found it ridiculous that a PLANT that grows naturally on this earth is illegal while alcohol is allowed. Drink too much alcohol you can die.. Smoke too much pot, you're gonna clear out your fridge. I dont even wanna get started on prescription drugs and their abuse either, though I'll say that some of the most addictive substances are manmade prescription drugs (Oxycontin, Phentanyl, Xanax)

And it's not addictive. That's more propaganda. You don't go through withdrawals over weed. You don't need to go to rehab and detox. That's alcohol, many prescription drugs, cocaine, heroin, etc.

I've used marijuana a good bit in my life. Helps me to relax and level out... Back when I was 16, I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder and prescribed Prozac and Xanax. All that did was cause mood swings. The weed helped me level out and be able to overcome my problems.

I'm for legalization of medical marijuana at the least, though wouldn't mind seeing it completely legal.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:15 am 
Squire

136 total thanks.
Say thanks

I agree with impulse but my only one problem is this:

If you were to legalize marijuana and make it just as available as cigarettes, what's going to stop people from smoking while driving or even working. You'll be driving and working high which doesn't work well at all. And even if they try a "don't smoke, don't drive" thing, it would be rather difficult to tell the difference between a cigarette and marijuana. Just my 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:24 am 
Knight

321 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm guessing the same thing that keeps you from driving and working drunk.. laws.

well yeah it isn't addictive in the same way as cigarettes are, but I've been told by a heavy puffer that he can't sleep without a joint before he goes to bed. I think that qualifies marijuana as being addictive, but marijuana still has different effects on different people.

Last edited by Maynpayn on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:26 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

Duckvader wrote:
I agree with impulse but my only one problem is this:

If you were to legalize marijuana and make it just as available as cigarettes, what's going to stop people from smoking while driving or even working. You'll be driving and working high which doesn't work well at all. And even if they try a "don't smoke, don't drive" thing, it would be rather difficult to tell the difference between a cigarette and marijuana. Just my 2 cents.

Alcohol is legal but you don't drink when you're working (well most people anyway) so i don't think that's a problem...From Impulse's post i feel like i'm missing out a whole lot not being able to try out weed (i hate my country <_< )

Post subject: Re: Legalizing marijuana?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:37 pm 
Knight

231 total thanks.
Say thanks

I just saw the documentary call Grass. It's about the history of the American government's war on marijuana and it explain why it's illegal. It's really good, you should watch it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:38 pm 
Squire

40 total thanks.
Say thanks

No matter how you approach the subject, there are always going to be pros and cons on it.

Personally, I have smoked a few times, and the first time that I ever saw the movie "Half Baked" was when...

Well, it was when I was baked myself...

Anyways, back to the legalization discussion.

Both sides present good arguments on why they want/don't want pot legalized. Personally, looking at how much the govco spends here in the US trying to stop the spread and usage of pot, it would make a lot of sense to legalize it, and then tax the shit out of those that wish to purchase it.

As stated above, you are more likely to get hooked on alcohol and other synthetic man-made drugs than you are pot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:03 am 
Knight

621 total thanks.
Say thanks

yeah... pretty much everything imp said above.

I've a whole helluva lot of opinion on the sheer absurdity of the *ahem* 'war on drugs™'. but I'm not about to go on a tirade here. no need.

propaganda's a nasty and effective weapon, kids. so's fear-mongering.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:03 pm 
Knight

321 total thanks.
Say thanks

shaggypr01 wrote:
I just saw the documentary call Grass. It's about the history of the American government's war on marijuana and it explain why it's illegal. It's really good, you should watch it.

gonna check that out :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:40 pm 
Knight

476 total thanks.
Say thanks

shaggypr01 wrote:

sound interesting.
Is this the one you were referring?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:27 pm 
Knight

231 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yes that's the one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:47 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

excellent documentary,I didn't know the war originally started to spite the Mexican immigrants.

FREE DON CROWE !!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:25 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I can only speak from experience but I think Marijuana is fantastic for creative people. I dont think it is for everyone, just like alchol and other stimulants, it can affect certain people in negtive ways.

I am 26 and never really smoked weed (apart from a few times as a teenager) but I always felt it made you dim and lazy. I feel this is the case with some people but with so many different types Marijuana it can also have the opposite effect. I have recently gotten into weed for medical reasons (I suffer from very bad tension headaches and I was told to try it out and see the results) I found that Marijuana really gets me focused and I get alot more work done and gets rid of my head aches.

So I am sticking with it until I change my mind. I understand why people would think it is a gateway drug but so is drink. I think if you can 'handle your high' then try it out at least once to see if its for you.