Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )



All times are UTC [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:08 pm 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:38 am
Posts: 53
Location: N. London, UK

Thanked 4 times for this post.
196 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
That is the most insulting and worst thing a person could say and saying that you are making a joke about it cause no one is laughing. You may not like Nirvana or anything but doesn't mean you should insult the band Kurt Cobain and if you don't like the band then don't post withing a thread about a band you don't even like.


excuse my sense of humour, although it wasn't meant in jest.

your right i might not like the band, but that doesn't mean i cant see the influence they had on current music, for that i thank him. as such there are lots of documentaries about him some of which i've seen and im perfectly capable of drawing conclusions from what im told, as a fan or not the facts remain the same, ergo i would have reached the same conclusion had i have been a "super-fan". the facts are these, people love talking about dead celebrities and conspirators love talking smack, any reason to bring up dead celebrities sells well.

in my option if there was sufficient evidence the person responsible would have been brought to justice, there is just too much conflicting evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was murder. arguing about it will solve nothing, look to the future not to the past.

further more im not a stranger to musicians who commit suicide, in more cases than not its actually not seen as a negative thing, often it brings legitimacy to their art. honestly its a silver lining.

that better?

_________________
Image


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:49 pm 
Merchant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:55 am
Posts: 306
Location: Canada

Thanked 7 times for this post.
919 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
That is the most insulting and worst thing a person could say and saying that you are making a joke about it cause no one is laughing. You may not like Nirvana or anything but doesn't mean you should insult the band Kurt Cobain and if you don't like the band then don't post withing a thread about a band you don't even like.


I'm not an admin but, while psyco's post was not the most thoughtful or respectful, everyone's entitled to their opinions ... fans and anti-fans alike. Freedom of speech says he's allowed to throw in his 2 cents here and most anywhere else if it's not spam, bullying members, any -ism (race, sex, etc.) and things like that. We shouldn't dictate where people can or can't post within the boundaries of their personal attitudes or comments. Just saying.

But to be more relevant ... from what I've seen and heard about it, I'm inclined to believe Kurt Cobain's death was a suicide and that the case is conclusively closed. I agree with what psyco said in his latest post about...

psyco wrote:
if there was sufficient evidence the person responsible would have been brought to justice, there is just too much conflicting evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was murder. arguing about it will solve nothing, look to the future not to the past.


I also think it's really horrible to continue suggesting that Courtney would have been involved in a murder plot when she's been cleared. She and Cobain genuinely seemed to love each other, albeit not really knowing how to go about it and sustain a healthy relationship ... and with no help from the press and the drugs. I don't believe she was involved, and if I'm right ... I mean, despite all the bad choices she's made in life, to be constantly subjected to accusations of being the cause of someone's death whom you loved so much is shattering for a person who's already unstable to begin with. The whole thing is just really really unfortunate and ultimately a mystery. To still talk about it now, so many years after the matter, seems like beating an already dead and decomposing horse.

_________________
O me, O life ... of the questions of these recurring,
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities filled with the foolish,
What good amid these, O me, O life?
Answer -
That you are here. That life exists, and identity.


That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:21 pm 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:02 am
Posts: 5783
Location: Indiana

Thanked 4 times for this post.
10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
The reason there probably isn't sufficient evidence is probably cause it was destroyed before it could get discovered so just cause there isn't any sufficient evidence doesn't mean it didn't exist. And I have researched this whole thing alot very thoroughly and many times and alot of suspicious things happened before Kurt Cobain died.

if you don't believe my word then read up on this site: http://www.cobaincase.com/


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:34 pm 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:38 am
Posts: 53
Location: N. London, UK

Thanked 4 times for this post.
196 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
faloola wrote:
I'm not an admin but, while psyco's post was not the most thoughtful or respectful, everyone's entitled to their opinions


i feel that a necessary part of debating why someone would commit suicide is to detail why they might do so, and i dont think you could ever be thoughtful or respectful doing so.

_________________
Image


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:59 pm 
Merchant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:55 am
Posts: 306
Location: Canada

Thanked 4 times for this post.
919 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
psyco wrote:
i feel that a necessary part of debating why someone would commit suicide is to detail why they might do so, and i dont think you could ever be thoughtful or respectful doing so.


I disagree. But even if, as you say, it's not possible, you should still at least make the effort for both the people you're talking to and talking about. I think you should always tread carefully when discussing such sensitive and heavy topics like suicide or death.

psyco wrote:
maybe he actually decided to listen to some of his stuff and killed himself while drowning in a pool of self made sorrow. or he found something, possibly an early foo fighters demo, that was so good he decided to give up on his revolution and killed himself, not that i think foo fighters are any more than an average band, but he might have done.


You have to admit that that was an unnecessary and harsh way to put it. I'm sure you could have found a more understandable way to express your theory without offending people, which I'm not surprised it did, than saying he killed himself because "maybe he actually decided to listen to some of his own stuff" or that glib comment about the Foo Fighters.

_________________
O me, O life ... of the questions of these recurring,
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities filled with the foolish,
What good amid these, O me, O life?
Answer -
That you are here. That life exists, and identity.


That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:12 pm 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:38 am
Posts: 53
Location: N. London, UK

Thanked 5 times for this post.
196 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
that was the censored version.

_________________
Image


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:45 am 
Duke
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:03 pm
Posts: 9456
Location: Up north, England

Thanked 7 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
On topic: I think it was a suicide, he had many personal demons that affected him physically & mentally and he ended his own life to escape them.

Off topic: Nirvana hit when I was expanding my taste in music so I was there from Bleach right through to the end. I'll freely admit that Nirvana's work peeked early and faded out but when they were good they were damn good - the 1992 Reading Festival being a prime example, imho one of the greatest live performances ever.

_________________
Image


 Profile WWW  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:45 am 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 5:49 am
Posts: 250
Location: Philippines

Thanked 5 times for this post.
506 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
Suicide definitely. Or Murder. Either of the two. Let's ask Courtney. :deadpool:

_________________
Image


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:09 pm 
Squire
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 12:02 pm
Posts: 35

Thanked 3 times for this post.
87 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
If he was actually killed and nobody found now who did it, there is very little chance to find it now. We can debate for hours but the only person who could say for sure is dead and buried.

Personnally, I am with spaced on this one, I think it was suicide. The pressure to perform coupled with unhealthy lifestyle and many demons to deal with probably left Kurt Cobain is such a state of mental destruction and self loathing that he probably thought he was doing himself a favor by taking his life.

It's a shame really, Nirvana's early albums were really great.

There is actually a comic book that was edited years after his death, I only saw it once and from what I saw it described his mental ordeal in great details. I am gonna have to do some research to find it.

Rest in peace Kurt Cobain. I'll miss you.


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:51 pm 
Squire
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 12:02 pm
Posts: 35

Thanked 2 times for this post.
87 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
I found a picture of the aformentioned Comic. Maybe if somebody has and can post it, it would be great and I would be thankfull. Unfortunately, I only found info on the french version of it.

http://www.guitariste.com/img/articles/ ... -en-bd.jpg

Cheers.

Edit :

And here's the french link

http://www.guitariste.com/img/articles/ ... -en-bd.jpg

Edit 2 :

And here's the English version on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Godspeed-Cobain-G ... 0711997632


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:54 pm 
Squire

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:03 pm
Posts: 7

Thanked 0 times for this post.
6 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
suicide it is


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Kurt Cobain: Suicide or Murder?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:44 pm 
Squire

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:44 pm
Posts: 29

Thanked 0 times for this post.
21 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
I say it was suicide.

At least we got the Foo Fighters

_________________
http://i.imgur.com/qS6HP.gif


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:44 am 
Squire

Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:48 pm
Posts: 8

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
The reason there probably isn't sufficient evidence is probably cause it was destroyed before it could get discovered so just cause there isn't any sufficient evidence doesn't mean it didn't exist. And I have researched this whole thing alot very thoroughly and many times and alot of suspicious things happened before Kurt Cobain died.

if you don't believe my word then read up on this site: http://www.cobaincase.com/


I remember reading this a long time ago and at the time I was leaning towards murder, but that site definitely convinced me.


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:29 pm 
Squire

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:20 pm
Posts: 11

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
Suicide. The whole "shotgun bing to Long to shoot himself with" argument is convoluted and just not enough backing for the c love conspiracy


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:32 am 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:35 am
Posts: 539

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
i say half and half...he prob was miserable with courtney love and she hired some guy to scare him out of his depression (from where he was to kill himself). it probably came down to the murderer guy and him compromising on how he was going to go....just my theory...shame on police for not doing a thorough investigation. it was sloppy

_________________
just passing by


 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: