All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:08 pm 
Knight

Thanked 4 times for this post.
196 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
That is the most insulting and worst thing a person could say and saying that you are making a joke about it cause no one is laughing. You may not like Nirvana or anything but doesn't mean you should insult the band Kurt Cobain and if you don't like the band then don't post withing a thread about a band you don't even like.

excuse my sense of humour, although it wasn't meant in jest.

your right i might not like the band, but that doesn't mean i cant see the influence they had on current music, for that i thank him. as such there are lots of documentaries about him some of which i've seen and im perfectly capable of drawing conclusions from what im told, as a fan or not the facts remain the same, ergo i would have reached the same conclusion had i have been a "super-fan". the facts are these, people love talking about dead celebrities and conspirators love talking smack, any reason to bring up dead celebrities sells well.

in my option if there was sufficient evidence the person responsible would have been brought to justice, there is just too much conflicting evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was murder. arguing about it will solve nothing, look to the future not to the past.

further more im not a stranger to musicians who commit suicide, in more cases than not its actually not seen as a negative thing, often it brings legitimacy to their art. honestly its a silver lining.

that better?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:49 pm 
Merchant

Thanked 7 times for this post.
919 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
That is the most insulting and worst thing a person could say and saying that you are making a joke about it cause no one is laughing. You may not like Nirvana or anything but doesn't mean you should insult the band Kurt Cobain and if you don't like the band then don't post withing a thread about a band you don't even like.

I'm not an admin but, while psyco's post was not the most thoughtful or respectful, everyone's entitled to their opinions ... fans and anti-fans alike. Freedom of speech says he's allowed to throw in his 2 cents here and most anywhere else if it's not spam, bullying members, any -ism (race, sex, etc.) and things like that. We shouldn't dictate where people can or can't post within the boundaries of their personal attitudes or comments. Just saying.

But to be more relevant ... from what I've seen and heard about it, I'm inclined to believe Kurt Cobain's death was a suicide and that the case is conclusively closed. I agree with what psyco said in his latest post about...

psyco wrote:
if there was sufficient evidence the person responsible would have been brought to justice, there is just too much conflicting evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was murder. arguing about it will solve nothing, look to the future not to the past.

I also think it's really horrible to continue suggesting that Courtney would have been involved in a murder plot when she's been cleared. She and Cobain genuinely seemed to love each other, albeit not really knowing how to go about it and sustain a healthy relationship ... and with no help from the press and the drugs. I don't believe she was involved, and if I'm right ... I mean, despite all the bad choices she's made in life, to be constantly subjected to accusations of being the cause of someone's death whom you loved so much is shattering for a person who's already unstable to begin with. The whole thing is just really really unfortunate and ultimately a mystery. To still talk about it now, so many years after the matter, seems like beating an already dead and decomposing horse.

Answer -
That you are here. That life exists, and identity.

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:21 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

The reason there probably isn't sufficient evidence is probably cause it was destroyed before it could get discovered so just cause there isn't any sufficient evidence doesn't mean it didn't exist. And I have researched this whole thing alot very thoroughly and many times and alot of suspicious things happened before Kurt Cobain died.

if you don't believe my word then read up on this site: http://www.cobaincase.com/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:34 pm 
Knight

196 total thanks.
Say thanks

faloola wrote:
I'm not an admin but, while psyco's post was not the most thoughtful or respectful, everyone's entitled to their opinions

i feel that a necessary part of debating why someone would commit suicide is to detail why they might do so, and i dont think you could ever be thoughtful or respectful doing so.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:59 pm 
Merchant

919 total thanks.
Say thanks

psyco wrote:
i feel that a necessary part of debating why someone would commit suicide is to detail why they might do so, and i dont think you could ever be thoughtful or respectful doing so.

I disagree. But even if, as you say, it's not possible, you should still at least make the effort for both the people you're talking to and talking about. I think you should always tread carefully when discussing such sensitive and heavy topics like suicide or death.

psyco wrote:
maybe he actually decided to listen to some of his stuff and killed himself while drowning in a pool of self made sorrow. or he found something, possibly an early foo fighters demo, that was so good he decided to give up on his revolution and killed himself, not that i think foo fighters are any more than an average band, but he might have done.

You have to admit that that was an unnecessary and harsh way to put it. I'm sure you could have found a more understandable way to express your theory without offending people, which I'm not surprised it did, than saying he killed himself because "maybe he actually decided to listen to some of his own stuff" or that glib comment about the Foo Fighters.

Answer -
That you are here. That life exists, and identity.

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:12 pm 
Knight

Thanked 5 times for this post.
196 total thanks.
Say thanks

that was the censored version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:45 am 
Duke

Thanked 7 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

On topic: I think it was a suicide, he had many personal demons that affected him physically & mentally and he ended his own life to escape them.

Off topic: Nirvana hit when I was expanding my taste in music so I was there from Bleach right through to the end. I'll freely admit that Nirvana's work peeked early and faded out but when they were good they were damn good - the 1992 Reading Festival being a prime example, imho one of the greatest live performances ever.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:45 am 
Knight

Thanked 5 times for this post.
506 total thanks.
Say thanks

Suicide definitely. Or Murder. Either of the two. Let's ask Courtney. :deadpool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:09 pm 
Squire

Thanked 3 times for this post.
87 total thanks.
Say thanks

If he was actually killed and nobody found now who did it, there is very little chance to find it now. We can debate for hours but the only person who could say for sure is dead and buried.

Personnally, I am with spaced on this one, I think it was suicide. The pressure to perform coupled with unhealthy lifestyle and many demons to deal with probably left Kurt Cobain is such a state of mental destruction and self loathing that he probably thought he was doing himself a favor by taking his life.

It's a shame really, Nirvana's early albums were really great.

There is actually a comic book that was edited years after his death, I only saw it once and from what I saw it described his mental ordeal in great details. I am gonna have to do some research to find it.

Rest in peace Kurt Cobain. I'll miss you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:51 pm 
Squire

Thanked 2 times for this post.
87 total thanks.
Say thanks

I found a picture of the aformentioned Comic. Maybe if somebody has and can post it, it would be great and I would be thankfull. Unfortunately, I only found info on the french version of it.

http://www.guitariste.com/img/articles/ ... -en-bd.jpg

Cheers.

Edit :

And here's the french link

http://www.guitariste.com/img/articles/ ... -en-bd.jpg

Edit 2 :

And here's the English version on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Godspeed-Cobain-G ... 0711997632

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:54 pm 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
6 total thanks.
Say thanks

suicide it is

Post subject: Re: Kurt Cobain: Suicide or Murder?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:44 pm 
Squire

21 total thanks.
Say thanks

I say it was suicide.

At least we got the Foo Fighters

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:44 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
The reason there probably isn't sufficient evidence is probably cause it was destroyed before it could get discovered so just cause there isn't any sufficient evidence doesn't mean it didn't exist. And I have researched this whole thing alot very thoroughly and many times and alot of suspicious things happened before Kurt Cobain died.

if you don't believe my word then read up on this site: http://www.cobaincase.com/

I remember reading this a long time ago and at the time I was leaning towards murder, but that site definitely convinced me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:29 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Suicide. The whole "shotgun bing to Long to shoot himself with" argument is convoluted and just not enough backing for the c love conspiracy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:32 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

i say half and half...he prob was miserable with courtney love and she hired some guy to scare him out of his depression (from where he was to kill himself). it probably came down to the murderer guy and him compromising on how he was going to go....just my theory...shame on police for not doing a thorough investigation. it was sloppy