Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:14 pm 
Merchant

Thanked 0 times for this post.
2,050 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
What you just said is wrong in so many ways regardless of how it can be controlled. Cause addicts don't do the drugs cause they are illegal they do them cause they believe it helps them feel good. And also drugs kill I can't even believe you would want drugs legalized at all. They can be a dangerous thing no matter what even if they supplying of it is controlled.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion Shieldy, there likes anuses. everyone has one.

I've been around, like some others here, and I base my reasoning on what I have seen first hand.
Cigarettes and alcohol are legal, and kill more people that any illegal drug each year. But on the other hand I don't know of 16 yr old girls turning tricks to fund a ciggie and white wine habit.
The problem with illegal drugs is the people behind it who are making the money, the ones that control the supply the goods. Pick any city in most South American countries (not all, just what seems like most), thousands of people a year are dying as gangs vie to be the leaders in the drug trade. Legalising drugs will not eridiacate crime, but be able to control where you can get it from legally will be beneficial in the long rung

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:33 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Hmm, conversation seems to be getting a bit off track - here's an update on the Hardy situation:

Quote:
Jeff Hardy, former WWE wrestler, will be in court on Wednesday 30th September to face the following charges:

* Felony possession of cocaine
* Felony drug trafficking of opium
* (Two Counts) Felony possession with intent to redistribute a Schedule III drug
* Maintaining a dwelling for drug use and/or distribution
* Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia

The trafficking charge will be dropped if Jeff can provide a legal prescription which accounts for some or all of the pills.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:38 pm 
King

11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

Monkeymanbob wrote:
I've been around, like some others here, and I base my reasoning on what I have seen first hand.
Cigarettes and alcohol are legal, and kill more people that any illegal drug each year. But on the other hand I don't know of 16 yr old girls turning tricks to fund a ciggie and white wine habit.
The problem with illegal drugs is the people behind it who are making the money, the ones that control the supply the goods. Pick any city in most South American countries (not all, just what seems like most), thousands of people a year are dying as gangs vie to be the leaders in the drug trade. Legalising drugs will not eridiacate crime, but be able to control where you can get it from legally will be beneficial in the long rung

Couldn't agree with you more Bob. I don't think there's any perfect answer, but legalisation of certain lower end drugs like Marijuana would go a long way to improving things. People who just say "drugs are bad" or "I'd never do drugs, of course they shouldn't be legal" don't seem to want to understand what good could come out of legalisation.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

And another update on the ongoing saga:

Quote:
A grand jury in Jeff Hardy's home state of North Carolina determined yesterday (January 5th) that there was enough evidence to indict him on drug charges. The case has been moved to a Superior Court in Moore County.

Hardy was scheduled for a probable cause hearing on January 27th to determine whether or not there was enough evidence for him to stand trial on drug charges. The prosecution chose to forgo that hearing to move the case directly to a grand jury. The probable cause hearing had been scheduled numerous times.

The charges stem from a September 11, 2009 arrest. Hardy will stand trial on charges of felony possession of cocaine, felony drug trafficking of opium, two counts of felony possession with intent to redistribute a Schedule III drug, maintaining a dwelling for drug use and/or distribution and a misdemeanor charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.

Hardy re-debuted with TNA Wrestling on last night's live Impact special and is under a new contract with the company.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:40 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Although there looks to be no end to the delays on this one, things are looking better for Jeff now that most of the charges have been dropped:

Quote:
A representative from the Moore County Superior Court confirmed today (June 7th) that three of the four charges against Jeff Hardy have been dropped.

At the June 3rd hearing, the following charges from the September 2009 raid of Hardy's home were dropped:

*Felony drug trafficking, Two felony charges of possession of a Schedule III controlled substance or drug.

*Felony possession of cocaine, Felony maintaining a dwelling for redistribution of controlled substances.

*Misdemeanor Possession of drug paraphernalia.

No reason was given for dropping the charges.

Only the charge of Conspiracy to Traffic Opium, which is not as serious as the two dropped felonies, remains. This charge was added in January of this year.

The trial will resume on July 6.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:56 pm 
Squire

16 total thanks.
Say thanks

I was a Hardy fan way back sad to see hes repeated falls...dont think hell come back after this one.