Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:35 am 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I love this series. But does anyone ever get bothered by the amount of gore? I mean, OK, it's realistic given the brutality of the fights involved. But sometimes it seems a bit over-the-top, like even if these people are superheroes, at that point of debilitation they should probably not be getting up again (see: the first fight with Conquest on Earth).

Also, I wish Eve
Spoiler: show
could have maintained overcoming her mental block on altering living things after her resurrection, that would have been sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:18 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I love the gore lol, i love everything about this series Kirkman, Bendis, Miiller, Vaugn are my favorite writers kirkman has not yet made something i hated. It's a great comic book and i love every second of it. It saddens me that they can't crank out issues faster tho kirkman has so much to work on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:55 pm 
Squire

1 total thanks.
Say thanks

true, it is a bit gory, but it makes it a tad more realistic than other comics. at least its not "the crossed" level of gore. there they do it more for the shock value.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:24 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I miss Invincible, don't really have anything quality to read anymore since it's been on 'hiatus' any one with any clue about when it'll be back up? Finding news on the series's really spotty. Skybound website hasn't been updated in ages..if ever :ghost:

Post subject: Re: Invincible (Spoilers)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:33 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Invincible has been consistently my favourite superhero title coming out, since I started with issue 5 way back when, but the hiatus is killing me. We've had a few issues dropping here and there, #82 came out recently, but ever since we had the teaser of Mark
potentially hanging up his mask and quitting as Invincible
I've been eager to get through this post-Viltrumite War arc and see where Kirkman takes the book next. The delays are really making that wait painful.

Also enjoying the Guarding the Globe spin-off too.

Post subject: Re: Invincible (2003) Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:05 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

An exclusive preview over at IGN for #84 is up (check it out here).

The conversation between Mark and Eve, Mark's comments about Dinosaurus, plus the cover of #84 and #89, all seem to be leading toward a major shift in the book.
Anybody keeping up with the series care to speculate what that will be and why?

Personally
I get the impression that Mark is tired of punching the villains and facing the same problems repeatedly; he does seem to be coming up against a lot of repeat offenders in the past few issues. Maybe he's going to do something more abstract to help the world with his powers, kind of like I always thought Superman should. I cannot begin to imagine what, though, since from solicits it looks like issues #85 & 86 are a side-story dealing with Mark's parents off in space, and solicits for #87 & 88 are cryptic at best. Then we've got #89 with someone else in the Invincible costume. Retirement from the spandex to start a family with Eve? Death for real this time? The start of Invincible, Inc. similar to Batman, Inc.? Becoming a farmer and trying to put some life back into the soil of Las Vegas like Superman in Kingdom Come Kansas?

Post subject: Re: Invincible (2003) Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:25 am 
Squire

27 total thanks.
Say thanks

Mabusk is dead on: this book is shifting in some pretty interesting ways. It's the most thoughtful superhero title on the market (and I'm someone who reads a lot of marvel). Most of the "realistic" books out there are essentially watchmen knockoffs. Invincible asks: what if some reasonable, responsible person got these crazy powers and had crazy experiences? With the emphasis on reasonable and responsible. It's pretty cool what's going on this book. Especially because it still fills like a pulpy superhero serial.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

So Invincible has decided to
break Dinosaurus out of prison so that he can get the guy to tell him evil plans to make the world a better place and then temper the evil part to just make the world a better place...

I can only see that coming back to haunt him in the long run. Although after this next thing with
Allen and the virus to kill all Viltrumites hiding on Earth, plus potentially all the humans too,
maybe it'll be moot? Something is going to shift drastically soon, things seem to coming to a head, and I'm excited to find out what. Still loving this title.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:12 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

damondv wrote:
true, it is a bit gory, but it makes it a tad more realistic than other comics. at least its not "the crossed" level of gore. there they do it more for the shock value.

Compared to Luther Strode Invincible's gore is tame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:18 pm 
Knight

853 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah, I'll have to agree. Invincible's gore is quite tame compared to the other Image comic spawns like "The Walking Dead."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:18 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I really like how Bulletproof, even though he is a good guy is kind of sleazy, tryn to pull that move Eve in the last issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:43 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Zandale, AKA Bulletproof, AKA temp-Invincible, also takes explicate sexual photos of women in his civilian identity, as established in the Guarding the Globe miniseries, so he's definitely a bit of a perv/has an eye for the ladies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:04 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

issue #92 was a good one, I really like Zandale & Carla's (I think) relationship, juxtaposed with Mark & Eve's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:33 am 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

For my birthday my friend got me the first 47 issues of this. This is probably my favorite comic that is currently out there. Simply awesome. Oh, and I feel the gore is perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:39 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Teaser for issue #100, I cant wait. I've heard alot of people say they hope that Kirkman doesn't kill Mark, but I think that would be too obvious for him. Hes good at taking classic super hero tropes and turning them on their heads, so I think it'll be something or someone we don't even expect.