Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY movie Update
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:27 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
464 total thanks.
Say thanks

Code:
At the press junket for The Avengers, Marvel Studios' President of Production Kevin Feige revealed some updates for The Guardians of The Galaxy, a project that along with Ant-Man, Black Panther, Luke Cage, Namor, The Inhumans and Dr. Strange could very well be the other 2014 movie that gets released with the Captain America sequel. Feige confirmed that the upcoming film will portray the modern incarnation of the team, which includes such intergalactic superheroes as Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Groot and fan favorite, Rocket Raccoon.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=57851

Surely fortune favors you, and the men I spared. Enjoy it.
But before you wash your hands of my father's blood, I would encourage you to reflect on what brought us to this point:
You sacrificed honor for expediency. You traded intent for quick action. You were wrong . . and we all suffered for it.
So do better now mortal man . . for if not I, then surely some god somewhere will someday find you wanting.
It would be a shame to wager your good fortune with folly.

The God of Fear.
Son of War. '

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:41 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

I can totally see room for a Guardians movie after the alien involvement in Avengers. Could be very cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:51 am 
Squire

26 total thanks.
Say thanks

Comment contains minor spoilers for the Avengers

Spoiler: show
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing backstory for the Titan in Guardians, perhaps that'll lead to Adam Warlock warning Thor or one of the other heroes to the coming threat. Exposition, simplified. Only trouble then would be explaining Drax without making him an alien. I don't see Thanos visiting Earth without DESTROYING it. I dunno, that's just my two cents.

Either way I look forward to seeing the less recognized Marvel characters get the spotlight for once!

Post subject: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:53 am 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/guardians-galaxy-movie-marvel-studios-avengers-343228

It's not for sure, yet, but they gave it a 2014 date on IMDBPro, which is a good indicator. Comic Con is next month so we'll know for sure, but chances are it will be GotG, and not black panther.

http://pro.imdb.com/title/tt2015381/

I don't know if you can see that link, you have to pay to get pro, and it's not too valuable to people outside the industry.

Enjoy! and I hope everyone else is as excited as I am =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:40 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Expanding the Marvel Movie Universe to include the Gardians is a Brilliant move. they can open it up to SO much after this happens and it'll set up the Avengers 2 excellently with all the Thanos stuff.
Should be a great movie. Although I think it'll be to concerned with NOVA.

And with Big Hero 6 going to be animated that should be a fun movie too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:15 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

It's official - 1st August 2014, mark the date in your diary.

(spoilered for size of images only)
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:21 am 
Knight

464 total thanks.
Say thanks

pants need to be changed!! so excited

Surely fortune favors you, and the men I spared. Enjoy it.
But before you wash your hands of my father's blood, I would encourage you to reflect on what brought us to this point:
You sacrificed honor for expediency. You traded intent for quick action. You were wrong . . and we all suffered for it.
So do better now mortal man . . for if not I, then surely some god somewhere will someday find you wanting.
It would be a shame to wager your good fortune with folly.

The God of Fear.
Son of War. '

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:19 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

I hope we aren't biting off more then we can chew since it was so far announced lets hope it gets into production.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:24 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

When I heard the news I nearly flipped. then I read the characters in the movie aren't the ones I was used to (guess i got some catching up to do, i was thinking VANCE ASTRO & crew)

Either way, it should be a fun movie. I think by picking a lesser know title, and a space-movie, marvel will have more flexibility with entertaining. This is awesome! How could this not be awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:47 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

This seems so weird to me. I absolutely adored the Abnett & Lanning Guardians series, as well as the concurrent Nova they did, but I never expected to see them put to film. Certainly not before the likes of Black Panther, Doctor Strange, or even the long-gestating Edgar Wright Ant-Man, just to name a few.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:29 am 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

I want to see who they cast for Gamora ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:41 am 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

UPDATE:

Looks like a re-write already, but they got a great writer for it and a definite character list.
slashfilm.com wrote:
Phase Two of the development of the Marvel Cinematic Universe begins with Iron Man 3, which shot this summer, and continues with Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Solider.

But while the first phase led to the blockbuster team-up movie The Avengers, this second wave heads out into space for something a little more strange. Guardians of the Galaxy, oft-mentioned by Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige as a project the company hoped to tackle, will be released in 2014, and the company is moving forward with a rewrite of the existing script.

THR announces that three-time Black List screenwriter Chris McCoy is
going to rewrite the ”space adventure movie” for Marvel. The three scripts of McCoy’s that landed on the annual list of popular unproduced screenplays are: Get Back (200); Good Looking (2009); and Good Kids (2011). The trade cites McCoy’s “quirky comedic bent,” which will almost certainly be an asset when trying to adapt the story of a patched-together team of characters that includes a talking raccoon and a sentient tree.

The previous script was by Nicole Perlman, who came up in Marvels’ writer’s program, and wrote two real-life space-themed films, about Neil Armstrong and the Space Shuttle Challenger.

THR also clarifies just which team we’ll see, for those who couldn’t visually ID the characters (above) when concept art was released at Comic Con:

Drax The Destroyer, a human resurrected as a green warrior with the sole purpose of killing Thanos (the villain in the Avengers final scene tease); Groot, a giant tree-man; Star-Lord, a gun-toting half-human/half-alien inter-galactic vigilante; Rocket Raccoon, a genetically engineered animal with a knack for guns and explosives; and Gamora, the last survivor of her species who was saved by Thanos to be his assassin but now battles him.

The Avengers succeeded in part because the team was made up of characters that Marvel had intriduced to audiences over a period of a couple years — even those who don’t know much about the source material were able to go into the film with an idea of how the heroes were going to interact, and how they might clash.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a different beast altogether, or so it seems at this point. While we might get a few more clues to the characters in Marvel’s upcoming films, the studio is now looking like it will attempt to create a very unusual team lineup with characters few audiences know, fighting a villain who has to date been seen only in a couple brief shots, and who most people would also be at a loss to identify.

Risky stuff, but that’s also what makes it interesting and potentially exciting. I have no idea what to expect from this one, and I can understand those who are already projecting doom for the film, saying it sounds too much like Green Lantern. But many people thought The Avengers was going to fail, too, and it did exactly the opposite, in spectacular fashion. For reasons mentioned above it’s too early to assume the same fate for Guardians, but I like seeing Marvel take another huge leap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:46 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Today's rumour doing the rounds:

io9 wrote:
However, a newly leaked log line reveals one new character that we're pretty excited to see! According to The Grid this brand-new plot synopsis for Guardians of the Galaxy is straight from Marvel:

"A U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants."

So basically GotG is going to be Farscape...

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:54 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

io9 wrote:
"A U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants."

well that's certainly...generic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:03 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

still sounds interesting to me. they're basically just taking Star-Lord's origin and running with it from there.

Profile WWW  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next