Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:49 am 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

First full trailer is here, folks. Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:36 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

great introduction of the characters, but also lots of jokes. I am expecting a lot from this movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:45 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

I love it, a really good trailer. Loving the Guardians, still hating the idea of the Nova corps portrayal but hey can't have everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I think this trailer looks amazing. Quite the transformation for Chris Pratt from Andy on Parks and Rec to Star Lord. Also Zoe Saldana looks really feral and dangerous. Really looking forward to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:43 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Trailer wasn't promising, but I'm still gonna watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:11 pm 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

Here we go: New Trailer!

Fan of roleplaying, fantasy, and sci-fi? Read The Myth Prosaic by Georgia Z. The story revolves around a character who plays an RPG & how he uses that experience in a dystopian future. It's free online, mobile-friendly, & presented as a serial, with updates 3 times weekly at SeeDarkly.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:40 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

Having watched that, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, for me…I think Marvel have hit the the target again with this movie. Will it tip Avengers and Captain America:TWS off the top spot of my favourite comic book movies…Guess I'll find out in August…Damn I can't wait that long!!!! :yum:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:45 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I have feeling.. naananaa.. *totaly in love with the trailers!* damn they got me into reading the comics and I am even more in love.. *cant wait cant wait!!* just two month to go <3

:flash:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:24 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

impulse wrote:
still sounds interesting to me. they're basically just taking Star-Lord's origin and running with it from there.

Swing or a miss... this is the jump into the next phase of Marvel studios world domination and I just hope that its not a calculated misstep... takes balls to lead with a group of relative unknowns in terms of general and casual comic book fans...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:30 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Getting closer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:34 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm so pumped for this movie. Everything looks amazing about it, I especially cant wait to get my hands on the art book for this movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

This is a comic book movie. Avengers had comic book bits, Hulk is clearly a MAX comic book movie, but these Guardians trailers never have me thinking "Action movie", always "Comic book movie". It's awesome.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:37 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Cannot wait for this! Looks so much bonkers fun, exactly what the Star Wars prequels should have been!

I showed the latest trailer to my eldest daughter & her first reaction was "you're not going to go and see that without me!"

I know how to raise my kids right!! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:16 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

So I just saw GotG and it was a pretty fun, and endearing, film. I am a huge fan of the Abnett & Laning cosmic Marvel stuff, though, so the fact that it even exists is amazing to me.

Rather than a "superhero" film, GotG is a sci-fi space adventure. There are plenty of big action pieces for spectacle, lots of humour, and a decent amount of heart. The humour seemed to be lost in translation with most of the Thai audience I saw it with, but I laughed, and the action set pieces, in fact the visuals overall, were spectacular. I saw it in 3D, no option not to, but I'm not sure that added much.
As to the film itself, whilst not the most ground-breaking plot, the characters were enough to elevate the somewhat simple premise. Chris Pratt does what Chris Pratt does (Starlord vs Ronan was great); Rocket and Groot were actually well done when they could have been terrible; but the villains (Ronan the Accuser, Nebula, & Korath) were pretty flat, with morally ambiguous Yondu probably the most interesting.
Despite being very removed from the rest of the Marvel Studios sandbox there are a few nice references to past films that work organically in the film structure, although only fans/geeks may spot them. I will say that the first credits scene was cute and fun but rather throwaway, and the final credits scene was only for Marvel fans - not what I was expecting with Avengers: Age of Ultron next on the Marvel calender.
James Gunn acquitted himself well, helming what is his biggest film to date. Fun spotting the Gunn regulars, like Michael Rooker and Gregg Henry, but I admit that despite being assured his having a cameo I missed Nathan Fillion. [Edit: I read up online to see what his cameo was, and fair play to people that spot it without any hints. I didn't.]
I would recommend a viewing for most here on Comic Kingdom, and for others I sell it as a fun space adventure worth seeing too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:34 am 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

I just saw Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy. You would not think it would as funny as it was. Sit there through the credits or you will miss the Howard the Duck scene.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next