Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Frank Miller's The Dark Knight III: The Master Race (2015)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:56 am 
Count

Thanked 0 times for this post.
2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

the third part in the so called TDKR trilogy announced for Fall 2015, but knowing Frank Miller it will delay well into 2019
Quote:
DC Entertainment announced today that bestselling, iconic Batman writer and artist Frank Miller will write the epic conclusion of the celebrated THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS saga.

The “THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE” is the sequel to Miller’s 1986 classic THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS – heralded by TIME Magazine as one of the 10 greatest graphic novels of all time – and its 2001-2002 follow-up series BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN.

Miller will be joined by acclaimed writer Brian Azzarello (100 BULLETS, JOKER, and WONDER WOMAN) on the eight-issue comic book periodical, to be published twice a month under the DC Comics imprint. Marking the 30th anniversary of THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS original series, this periodical is slated for publication beginning in late Fall 2015.

“Batman remains my favorite comic book hero and a sequel to Dark Knight is going to be daunting," said Miller, "but we’ll do our best.”

“We are thrilled to have Frank back home at DC writing Batman,” according to Dan DiDio and Jim Lee, Co-Publishers for DC Entertainment. “The story he and Brian have crafted is an astounding and triumphant conclusion to this seminal body of work which influenced and shaped generations of readers and creators alike.”

According to Azzarello, “It's been an amazing experience collaborating with Frank these past six months. I think we have an epic story that these characters truly deserve.”

Artists for the project have yet to be announced.

Profile WWW  

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:52 am 
Knight

162 total thanks.
Say thanks

Not sure how I feel about this as I can't remember the last decent thing Miller wrote. I do like Azzarello's work but not been overly keen on his Batman.

The rumor this was only approved as a send-off for Miller (who is supposedly gravely ill) doesn't make me think it's a well thought out planned story either.

Post subject: Re: Frank Miller's The Dark Knight III: The Master Race (201
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:33 am 
Count

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

I thought the cover was Photoshopped until it turned out on the official DC site, I hope the it gets a proper cover later on

I had no idea he has an illness, if it's true no wonder they agreed to do it

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:30 am 
Marquis

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

" the epic conclusion of the celebrated THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS saga"

Wait, what? It's a saga?

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:56 pm 
Knight

162 total thanks.
Say thanks

Lex Talionis wrote:
I thought the cover was Photoshopped until it turned out on the official DC site, I hope the it gets a proper cover later on

I had no idea he has an illness, if it's true no wonder they agreed to do it

Recent pics of him show he's not looking well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:24 am 
Count

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

ok...he definitely looks ill, I had no idea because most official sources still use a pic of him from 2008 :(

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:17 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Not a comic I'd ever thought would see the light of day, may still not I guess. 8 issues may be a bit much but we'll see.

I enjoyed Azzarello's Flashpoint Batman so hopefully he can bring some of that quality to the book & rein in some of Miller's recent excesses.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:38 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

omg this is such greats news to me1 Cant wait for the 3rd part!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:09 pm 
Merchant

2,050 total thanks.
Say thanks

Didn't know Miller was so poorly. In his time he shaped and influenced comics in a way still felt today but he hasn't written anything of note in years - Holy Terror was fucking terrible and I wasn't that taken with D.K. Strikes Again either. Hopefully Azzarello will add to the quality and not detract from the project.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:56 am 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

He won't be drawing it nor he won't be writing it much if he needs another writer... So basically DC is just adding Miller's name to the project to get sales. Greedy a-holes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:07 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

petkov wrote:
He won't be drawing it nor he won't be writing it much if he needs another writer... So basically DC is just adding Miller's name to the project to get sales. Greedy a-holes.

Turns out that's not the case. Info released today says he's co-writer AND he'll be contributing interior art & covers too.

CBR wrote:
DC Comics has announced new details for "The Dark Knight III: The Master Race," including the artists joining co-writers Frank Miller and Brian Azzarello: Andy Kubert and Klaus Janson. DC additionally confirmed that Miller will illustrate portions of the interior artwork, along with covers.

Janson brings another direct connection to the original "The Dark Knight Returns," as he inked Miller's art in that seminal 1986 miniseires. Kubert has illustrated multiple high-profile DC stories in recent years -- many in the Bat-corner of the DC Universe -- including "Damian: Son of the Batman" (which he also wrote), "Flashpoint," "Batman: Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?" and "Batman and Son."

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:34 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

I have the other two, and the first one is still a standout book for me which helped push my love for comic books and graphic artwork. I'll give it a go for sure, and keep my fingers crossed for Miller. His pic suggests that he is not long for this world, but here's hoping he takes a turn for the better. :bat:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:42 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Oh wow! I had no idea that this was scheduled for release. Also I am a little shaken by Miller's grave appearance. He does not look well at all. The Dark Knight Returns was the first graphic novel I ever read, and I must have read it at least ten times since then. I was not a huge fan of Dark Knight Strikes Again, but I think I will have to revisit it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:55 am 
Knight

162 total thanks.
Say thanks

What have we thought so far? I've been enjoying it although i don't see it as a Dark knight when it's more a Justice League story.

I thought The Last Crusade one-shot was particularly good and it really captured the spirit of TDKR and Romita's art was great.