Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: female cage fighting
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:14 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

What do you think of it? Are you a fan of it? Have you ever watched it and are there any female cage fighters you like? And for all those who may not have seen some female cage fighting here are some fights.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:52 pm 
King

11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

Female MMA is as pointless as Women's Wrestling... The mens stuff is a million times better.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:36 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well duh thats cause in a way guys in MMA are trying to beat there opponents face in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:41 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

No need for the "duh" - look in those vids you posted, all of those women are trying to beat their opponent's face in too.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:03 am 
Knight

439 total thanks.
Say thanks

Wrestling? If any of this was scripted i could agree, but considering they are really out to break each others will its competative. Although if you mean in terms of just the level of sport than i could agree. Its like the NBA and WNBA.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:22 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
No need for the "duh" - look in those vids you posted, all of those women are trying to beat their opponent's face in too.

I know that idk im not sure what point i was trying to prove with that. But I wll make a better one maybe in terms of scripted fighting like Pro Wrestling yes women fighting isnt good in that sport. But in a sport where its more competitive like cage fighting is alot better and physical and makes a good show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:03 am 
King

11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

I wasn't comparing womens wrestling to womens cage fighting, just showing the differences between the sexes in each. I think I know which one is scripted... :stupid:

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:22 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

I know that but you made it seem like all womens fighting sport is pointless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:02 pm 
King

11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

From a spectators pov I think it is... Nowhere near as good as the mens.

I would get killed for saying that if any ladies were around.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:41 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

I am a guy and I am just saying I feel like a sport where a girl can be very physical like in MMA like its probably the best female fighting you will see. But I guess it can feel scary if you are a guy and a female cage fighter could most likely kick your own ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:52 am 
Knight

309 total thanks.
Say thanks

The only one I know by name is Gina Carano and that's mostly because she's Crush from American Gladiators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:57 am 
Squire

90 total thanks.
Say thanks

As awful as it may sound, seeing Gina with a black eye never made "domestic violence" look so damn hot. In her last fight against Kelly it was so-so, but if you go to utube and look up her earlier fights she had a few pretty damn good ones. Sad part is MMA is still a minor league type sport and women have no where to fight now. And you know damn well that the UFC is not looking forward to starting a division just for them. But come on, she got naked in front of the press at weigh in. You could sell that on PPV alone.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:01 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Cuda72 wrote:
As awful as it may sound, seeing Gina with a black eye never made "domestic violence" look so damn hot. In her last fight against Kelly it was so-so, but if you go to utube and look up her earlier fights she had a few pretty damn good ones. Sad part is MMA is still a minor league type sport and women have no where to fight now. And you know damn well that the UFC is not looking forward to starting a division just for them. But come on, she got naked in front of the press at weigh in. You could sell that on PPV alone.

Wait a female cage fight got completely naked at a weigh in with the press watching?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:09 pm 
Knight

40 total thanks.
Say thanks

Cyborg will beat Carano by tko in the 2nd, at least thats where my money is at. I have no problems with women or anyone else fighting. If competitors are happy to do it and evenly matched, no problem. Can't call Sorbal-Mousassi though, I'm worried Renato will decided to say screw the gameplan and do something stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:35 am 
Knight

287 total thanks.
Say thanks

DrainBamaged wrote:
Cyborg will beat Carano by tko in the 2nd, at least thats where my money is at. I have no problems with women or anyone else fighting. If competitors are happy to do it and evenly matched, no problem. Can't call Sorbal-Mousassi though, I'm worried Renato will decided to say screw the gameplan and do something stupid.

That was pretty close to the truth. A few seconds more and you would have been right :lol:

On Topic: Never really watched womans MMA beside the Carano matches in Strikfoce and a few woman matches in Bellator becouse its allready hard enough to keep up with the "big" promotions.

I dont see any point why woman matches should be less competetiv or entertaining than male ones. Ive seen surely thousand of male matches were i would have wanted to bash my head against the wall becouse they were so boring (lates example Vera Vs Sozynski).

But i guess its the attitude towards female sport that has to change in generall, especially in martial art related sports. I mean come on, why should a woman not be able to fight 3x 5 minutes round like a man? It sometimes seems to me that theres still a traditional role picture of the frail woman, standing in the kitchen, looking after her children etc. etc. reigning which portraits woman as "soft", "pacifistic" and very unlike to beat the crap out of anybody and shouldnt do any body demanding hardwork or sports becouse their bodys arent made for it. But come on, we live in the 21th century, emancipation shouldnt be a foreign word anymore.

I just cant understand if someone (female or male) shows the heart, dedication and right work ethic to do MMA , shouldnt be allowed to do it or bring an exciting to watch style with him or her? As is said there are enough male examples which doesent fit in my descripton at all.

Just my 2 cents...

Twitter: @zankTHEpunk