All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:09 am 
Count

Thanked 0 times for this post.
3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

And the cast has been named:

Miles Teller (Reed), Kate Mara (Sue), Jamie Bell (Ben), and Michael B Jordan (Johnny)

Based on Miles previous roles, I think he's too loud and obnoxious to play Reed. And I'm not sure why they decided to cast a black guy as Johnny Storm.. I dislike when they make the change just to make the change.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:48 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

Ha! Saw the announcement this morning through Facebook, there were some seriously unhappy people. Not one person bothered to even give it the benefit of the doubt. It is interesting to wonder why Jonny would be black and Sue white. There is no good reason apart from forced diversity in a medium that doesn't need it!

Still I laughed and tried to see the positive possibilities!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:56 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

By making them a mixed-race family they are opening it up to a wider audience. They don't care about the comics audience - we'll see it whatever they do - they want the every-man.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:34 am 
Knight

229 total thanks.
Say thanks

I wasn't thrilled about the casting to begin with, but now after reading this artice I'll definately just wait for this movie to be on cable.

www.iamrogue.com wrote:
Writer and producer Simon Kinberg has provided a few precious news-nuggets, discussing the age of the heroes, how they get superpowers in this version, and just what sort of tone to expect from The Fantastic Four.

Principal photography on the reboot is set to commence in Baton Rouge shortly to meet a June 19, 2015 release date. Director Josh Trank has assembled his primary cast, with Miles Teller as Mr. Fantastic, Kate Mara as Invisible Woman, Michael B. Jordan as Human Torch, and Jamie Bell as The Thing, all squaring off against Toby Kebbell as Dr. Doom.

Kinberg, practicing his hype-fu while hyping X-Men: Days of Future Past at WonderCon this weekend, told Den of Geek that though the cast may read young, the characters aren't too young. "They’re older than high school, but they’re not quite grown into the world. If anything, this is a coming of age story,” said the xXx: State of the Union scribe.

"We’re definitely telling a younger story that the original films did," he said, referring to Tim Story's 2005 and 2007 FF movies. "It depends on what books you look at. There are some, like the Ultimate books, that tell this story. So it is an origin story of the Fantastic Four, and it does follow them before they really know what a superhero is."

In the Ultimate comics Kinberg referred to, the considerably younger quartet end up with their powers as the result of an experiment in teleportation gone awry. In Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's original backstory, the Fantastic Four came about when four astronauts partaking in the space race are bombarded by cosmic radiation.

"There is archetypal imagery of how they get their powers, for sure," Kinberg said of this new Fantastic Four. "And it does involve some sort of scientific travel."

The source material involves all manner of cosmic strangeness and wild tales, but it sounds like we probably won't see the rebooted heroes going up against Mole Man. "It’s a much more grounded, gritty, realistic movie than the last couple movies," Kinberg explained to Crave Online.

He went on to use Sam Raimi's Spidey movie and Trank's directorial feature as touchstones, continuing, "If I had to say, the tone of it would be somewhere on the spectrum between Spider-Man and Chronicle. The other movies were even further on the spectrum of being goofy and fun than Spider-Man."

The new version, he said, is "still in the direction of Spider-Man. It’s not like The Dark Knight. And even Chronicle has a lot of fun in it. We’re treating this as the origin of the Fantastic Four so in future movies you’d have them on sort of splashier adventures to some extent but in this one we tried to ground the science as much as possible and make it feel like it could take place in our world before it cantilevers into other worlds."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:12 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

First trailer has now arrived and.......it's interesting.

Pretty sure I'm not going to the cinema to see it, but this doesn't look horrible.

Apart from "Fant4stic". That's horrible!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:54 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

My least favourite thing about it is "Fantfourstic".

"Mommy, mommy, I want all the Fantfourstic comics!"
"But the shop owner had no idea what I was talking about, honey. I told him 'that movie' and he gave me this Age of Ultron TPB."
"Mommy, why is Wolverine stabbing Ant-Man...?"

Close second is "From the studio that brought you" - Way to clue us in on the fact that nobody involved with that movie we liked, is involved in this one.

It looks a pretty good trailer. For a scifi movie. Fox doesn't seem able to grasp the same 'comic book movie' vibe that Marvel trailers have.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW