Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:45 pm 
Duke

Thanked 2 times for this post.
3,439 total thanks.
Say thanks

Does anyone know who has Namor's film rights? I'm dying to see him in a movie, just not one done by Fox... lol. Do you think we can ever expect to see him in a FF movie? Or is it possible (however unlikely) that he might be the one find our Star-Spangled Avenger floating in the Atlantic in a block of ice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:57 pm 
Duke

Thanked 4 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
Can you gives us a good example of what you mean Spaced?

The second movie was going along the right lines but lost it halfway through with the whole prison break thing and making Galactus a cloud.

I'd want to see a Monster Island adventure or something set in the Negative Zone or facing off against the Kree or the Inhumans.

panamagoo wrote:
Does anyone know who has Namor's film rights?

Marvel still have the rights to Namor & a movie is supposed to in pre-production through Universal. Although that was 3 years ago so it looks like it's another one of those stuck in Development Hell.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:59 pm 
King

11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

panamagoo wrote:
Do you think we can ever expect to see him in a FF movie? Or is it possible (however unlikely) that he might be the one find our Star-Spangled Avenger floating in the Atlantic in a block of ice?

He should be but it's unlikely. I reckon it'll be a SHIELD squadron that finds him. And I bet he's been kept in suspended animation instead of the ice block.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:08 pm 
Knight

Thanked 3 times for this post.
1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

I actually liked both FF movies (Although #2 had some stupid parts, like galactus being a giant cloud). But, one thing I really like about the movies is that the cast seems like a perfect fit for the characters. I think seeing a FF movie with a new cast would kind of ruin the movie for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:57 am 
Squire

90 total thanks.
Say thanks

The only reason that Marvel would want this is so that it would be in the same "universe" as the Iron Man/ Hulk/ Avengers films.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:27 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Cuda72 wrote:
The only reason that Marvel would want this is so that it would be in the same "universe" as the Iron Man/ Hulk/ Avengers films.

What does that even mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:42 pm 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:32 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Cuda72 wrote:

That isn't gonna happen as Marvel don't own the movie rights for the FF right now.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:55 pm 
Squire

37 total thanks.
Say thanks

Maybe if didn´t did Reed as a jackass and DOOM so stupid and petty. Or maybe if Susan wasn´t such a bitch and all those things different from the comics.
I think would do a great movie with a Reed portrait as a Genius and DOOM as an rude and obscure character (not a shallow one).
AA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:54 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Looks like they are getting a reboot after all:

Quote:
While Disney lays down a $4 billion bet on the future of Marvel's superheroes, 20th Century Fox has already begun overhauling one of its big Marvel franchises, "Fantastic Four," to take the property beyond the two films already made.

Akiva Goldsman has been hired to oversee the reboot as producer. Michael Green, the co-exec producer of TV's "Heroes" who co-wrote "Green Lantern," will write the script for the new "Fantastic Four."

Fox wouldn't comment on its plans, but the moves are evidence that Marvel franchises do have enduring lifespans.

As "Spider-Man 4" moves toward an early 2010 production start, Columbia Pictures recently hired James Vanderbilt to write a fifth and sixth installment with the understanding that one or both of those films would give the franchise a makeover with a new director and cast.

The 2005 "Fantastic Four" and 2007 sequel "Rise of the Silver Surfer" were directed by Tim Story and starred Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis. Since the deals for the reboot are just getting made, it is unclear if any of them will return.

Though Marvel Entertainment owns and finances properties like "Iron Man" and "Thor," Fox controls "Fantastic Four" in perpetuity -- as long as it continues making the films. Fox has the same arrangement on Marvel Comics properties "X-Men," "Daredevil" and "Silver Surfer." Marvel is a producer and financial participant through a licensing agreement.

Though the related Silver Surfer character soared in the "Fantastic Four" sequel, that iconic personality has remained a priority project for his own film at the studio.

Fox has so far done one "X-Men" spinoff in "Wolverine." The studio is working on a sequel to that film and has scripts for "X-Men Origins: First Class," and "X-Men Origins: Magneto." Potential spinoffs for the Gambit and Deadpool characters have also been discussed.

As producer, Goldsman is involved with several DC Comics transfers, including "Jonah Hex," "The Losers" and "Teen Titans." He was also producer of the Will Smith-Charlize Theron superhero film "Hancock," for which a sequel is being developed.

The "in perpetuity" bit was interesting. Wonder if Disney will be happy to let that go on or if they'll try to buy out the licensing deal and bring the properties back in house?

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:14 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

When was this typed? Just curious cause I for sure thought Deadpool was a for sure spin-off not a potential one. And it seems all interesting I guess but to see what the movies will be all about we gotta see what the end products will be all about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:26 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Can't get more exact than this:

Quote:
Fox sets 'Fantastic' reboot
Posted: Mon., Aug. 31, 2009, 7:30pm PT

I'm guessing Deadpool is listed as potential as there isn't a finished script, director or any cast other than Reynolds at the minute.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:30 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well alot of movies are potential of Marvel since most of them probably don't have scripts for them yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:33 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

They may not have scripts but all the Marvel Studios films have published release dates so that puts them more in the definite category than potential.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:37 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

I see well you can put a release date on a movie but that doesn't mean it will for sure will release cause some complications could happen where they would need to fold the project.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next