Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:21 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah the past month or so Raw has been really good, I'm shocked.
That AC vs Danielson match 2 weeks ago was really great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:50 pm 
Merchant

370 total thanks.
Say thanks

I've had to force myself to stop calling him that, because most people don't realize his real name isn't his ring name. I just use his ring name now, makes life easier not having to explain Brian Danielson was totally friggin epic long before he came to WWE, shame most mainstreamers have never seen ROH.

Just about every match Bryan's been in lately has been great, the way he throws himself around is insane, gonna end up hurt sooner or later.

What's your take on RVD and Christian returning ? I'm not too keen on it, they both had their day, time to let the younger guys step up. What about the Wyatt's ? I'm bored to shite of them already! The electric lantern being blown out is stupid, sitting in a rocking chair while 2 dudes in dirty clothes mud stomp their opponents into unconsciousness doesn't sell the heel role to me, all I've seen so far is Brae Wyatt has a pretty decent finisher. A bit fed up with trio's tbh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:53 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah I have a bad habit of using people's old names. It generally depends on how use to calling people the old names vs if the new name is better. Mostly it's an involuntary thing.

I like RVD coming back, and I like Christian but he's been boring me lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:18 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

I check out the occasional match on youtube whenever a friend recommends it but I'm still way past jumping back on to the RAW/Smackdown bandwagon.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:47 pm 
Merchant

370 total thanks.
Say thanks

wow! this space died! ( no pun intended^^)

The E has been looking pretty good lately, entertaining at least. Anyone else current in this ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:59 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Not as such. I don't want to pay for yet another service (be it Sky Sports of the WWE Network) just to watch wraslin'.

So I check it out the odd match on YouTube & read the internet coverage of WWE events.

Saying that, I've been getting more & more tempted to sub to WWE Network for NXT alone - that is freaking hot right now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:49 am 
Merchant

370 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah I've become a fan of the NXT as well, initially I hadnt given it much credit, figured it was just another attempt at WWE trying to be part of the indie game still, I was definitely wrong, NXT has some pretty amazing talent learning the trade but I see a lot of potential for a lot of really great matches in the future.

Also you should get Bitlord ( the torrent downloader) can search NXT right from the client and download it that way, hassle free really and cost free too!

I do have the Network at the minute and it is actually amusing to watch, the show Swerved is pretty funny and the indepth looks into "superstars" is pretty interesting if one is inclined to know more about the talent, there is literally no shortage of things to watch, it's pretty comprehensive the Network, much to mu surprise, I expected mainly a stream of old videos but it is so much more than just that, worth a look. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:32 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Heh - I'm saving my free trial month for a PPV I want to watch. ;)

I was going to do it for the last WM, but we were away so didn't seem to be any point. Maybe this year ;)

Sadly, living in the UK I can't watch ROH anywhere but online, but I do catch a show every now & again. I do watch TNA every week but I'll be honest & say the quality since they changed to Discovery has gone downhill. I'm hoping they can turn it around, especially now Double J is back on the scene with GFW, as I think the E really do need someone to compete against & as an alternative, but they have lost so much talent recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:34 pm 
Merchant

370 total thanks.
Say thanks

they have! It's been horrifying to watch as basically all of their top talent has abandoned ship. Ive given up on them for now, I also live in the UK but I pretty much catch all wrestling shows the day after they air in the US, so I'm assuming I'm ahead of you in regards to TNA, I heard Double J has left again ? Bully Ray is in charge now, EC3 is champ, at least this is what I am hearing :(( You can grab just about anything you want to watch with a torrent host or direct downloads from wares sites, I don't have Sky either, not home enough to justify wasting the money on a TV package Id hardly ever watch. ROH is worth finding on those sites, most shows are worth the trouble to find

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:51 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I don't JJ was ever actually "back" as such, but it does seem they are building to a(nother) invasion angle between TNA & GFW - especially as a lot of the top guys that have left seem to be going directly to GFW. I mean, why on earth would you let talent like Magnus or James Storm leave? Especially in the middle of a hot storyline!

Or the BDC - MVP has now left as well, apparently, so that faction is now dead.

Last I heard (and for what it's worth, as the IWC are not the most reliable of sources!), TNA were likely leaving DA in September, but were going to be able to stay alive due to overseas sales until they found another US home.

Fingers crossed!

Either that or GFW & JJ ends up buying TNA & it becomes TNA: GFW ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:25 pm 
Knight

549 total thanks.
Say thanks

The story of TNA leaving DA are really anyone's guess. Reportedly, at one time DA internally told people TNA would be off the air come September. Also, however, they reportedly told TNA it lies in the ratings to see what happens. TNA is their biggest ratings getter but DA is also fronting them a lot of money so it needs to be worthwhile to them, especially with regards to advertising. On the positive side of things, damn near every week since ROH joined DA, both shows ratings have increased.

TNA is in severe cost-cutting measures which is why they let people like Storm and Magnus go. The MVP story... yeah... I hear he's PISSED at them but won't say anything publicly because he's a professional. The whole Hernandez clusterfuck turned him off to TNA entirely and his story was taking a huge hit because of it.

Interestingly, TNA went to ROH about an invasion storyline... but, supposedly their suggestion was simply a top ROH guy show up on TNA and lose to a top TNA guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:16 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

So, Hulk Hogan then...

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:36 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77