Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:32 am 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
621 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
do they have any (even vaguely) European wrestlers on the current roster?

as has been covered, nationality is something of an irrelevance when it comes to titleholders. generally speaking.

but, seeing as you asked...

Sheamus (current WH Champion)
Antonio Cesaro (current US Champion)
Wade Barrett
Drew McIntyre
Mason Ryan
William Regal (technically still on the books as an in-ring performer)

Layla
Aksana

...and, character wise at least, Santino Marella. :P

also, in NXT, you've got Alexander Rusev, Danny Burch (the former Martin Stone), Kenneth Cameron, Oliver Grey, Anya and Paige (the former Britani Knight).

and you can add PAC to the list, as he's reportedly (finally) on the verge of tying up his contract with WWE.

so, a fair representation of the continent, by all accounts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:05 pm 
King

11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

I need to see PAC on TV already. Hopefully he gets a run on NXT first, I'd think he'd have a great set of matches with the talent on there.

Plus TNA have their new reality TV show starting up with some British talent trying to get a contract.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:35 pm 
Knight

621 total thanks.
Say thanks

CactusFunk wrote:
I need to see PAC on TV already. Hopefully he gets a run on NXT first, I'd think he'd have a great set of matches with the talent on there.

Plus TNA have their new reality TV show starting up with some British talent trying to get a contract.

oh, hell yes.

as with most folk, the wrestling fan in me wanes more often than not. it was awesome seeing guys like Punk and Sheamus and Bryan - guys I used to watch regularly on the indy circuit - hit the heights they're at now (and, conversely, it sucks to see guys like Drew fizzle out to nothing :(). but, tbh, right now it's at a kind of middling point.

but. NXT, right now? so many exciting prospects. Bray Wyatt, Seth Rollins, Paige, The Ascension...

Dean fucking Ambrose. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

plus a few others that I really can't bring myself to like, but by pedigree alone are potential prospects.

and who doesn't love PAC? fella's a flippity-floppity legend.

Last edited by Envy on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:34 am 
Squire

46 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yea NXT Is bad ass right now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:19 pm 
Knight

621 total thanks.
Say thanks

FINALLY!!!

really glad to see that they've kept the gimmick intact, music and all. hope they stay true to that.

so... Ambrose is established, Wyatt is on his way... Paige next? plz? ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:24 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Still waiting on Chris Hero....

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:39 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

metalbeard wrote:

Thats so cool that he will be in WWE soon maybe idk but it would be cooler to me if he was actually called Chris Hero in WWE. From what I read after you mentioned it his ring name in WWE at least while he is on NXT is Kassius Ohno. Its an interesting ring name but Chris Hero seems to fit him better. If they do eventually sign him I would hope they do a good job of him since in my opinion he is a really good wrestler you just gotta give him a chance and not do a crappy job of having him be apart of the main wrestlers in WWE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:41 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah Kassius Ohno is a pretty awful name but that's on him, he came up with it. Chris Hero is a much better name, but they never let indie guys keep their names....they didn't even let el generico keep his mask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:02 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

I had no idea who El Generico was before you said his name but masked wrestlers should stay masked because its who they are and part of the tradition in masked wrestlers.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:43 am 
Knight

621 total thanks.
Say thanks

metalbeard wrote:

yeah... can't say I am.

I'm fully aware I'm likely in the minority, in that regard, but... honestly couldn't ever get into Hero. maybe it's due to personal association, or the like. couldn't honestly say. but I was never, and remain not, a fan.

so... yeah. good luck to him, an' all, but he's not on my metaphorical wishlist. :shrug:

similar can be said for the former SJK, actually. always found him quite overrated, and certainly nothing fresh or exciting, regardless of what certain peers thought of him.

but hey, such is the nature. I'm sure even Virgil had fans, somewhere. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:20 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
I had no idea who El Generico was before you said his name but masked wrestlers should stay masked because its who they are and part of the tradition in masked wrestlers.

Not quite with El Generico, he's just a Canadian dude that put on a mask and became the generic luchadore as a joke gimmick but it really worked. Though ironically without the mask he looks super generic, he's def a dude that needs a gimmick.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:44 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

metalbeard wrote:
S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:

Not quite with El Generico, he's just a Canadian dude that put on a mask and became the generic luchadore as a joke gimmick but it really worked. Though ironically without the mask he looks super generic, he's def a dude that needs a gimmick.

So on the part that he is some canadian? Can't someone who isn't from Mexico or Japan be a masked wrestler?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:47 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
metalbeard wrote:
S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:

So on the part that he is some canadian? Can't someone who isn't from Mexico or Japan be a masked wrestler?

They can but it isn't locked in with the tradition that someone from Mexico or Japan has. It's like comparing Tiger Mask with Abyss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:37 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah I guess thats true you know I am a bit curious is WWE even the place to be for a pro wrestler that would be new to being a wrestler for WWE? Or is it a technical no but if you wanna get exposure in the wrestling world its the place to be at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:19 pm 
Merchant

370 total thanks.
Say thanks

this threads a bit dead isn't it ? I've actually been enjoying WWE of late, especially since MITB, the SD MITB match was fairly good but the feud that resulted between Rhodes and Sandow has gotta be one of the best feuds in a long time for me. I'm also enjoying the Ziggler/AJ Lee story, it's kinda funny because I can relate to the psychotic ex-gf issue (bitches be scary I tell ya!) In all honesty I actually enjoyed Cena becoming champion again at Mania, seems he hadn't had the title in quite a long time ( I was more or less absent from the wrestling world for the entirety of CM Punks reign) but I'm looking forward to SS when he faces Bryan, (granted the dude needs a shave and a haircut AND his YES YES YES chant is stale as hell but DAMN is he over or what?!) I expect witht he popularity of Bryan he will soon be WWE champ, how long for? Not too long I expect, he's not a big guy, WWE doesn't keep it's straps on medium to small guys for long usually (Punk being a shocking exception to this rule), I think SS is going to be a good show, wonder how long this new era of actually being a good show to watch again will last ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next