Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:53 am 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Real world answer - he needed the money. No, he REALLY needed the money. TNA were willing to give him the work schedule & amount of cash he wanted and WWE weren't so that's why he's with TNA.

As for the retirement thing, that was pure storyline. It's very, very rare for any retirement angle to be final - wrestlers always end up with other companies or returning to the same company down the line as part of another angle.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:49 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
Real world answer - he needed the money. No, he REALLY needed the money. TNA were willing to give him the work schedule & amount of cash he wanted and WWE weren't so that's why he's with TNA.

As for the retirement thing, that was pure storyline. It's very, very rare for any retirement angle to be final - wrestlers always end up with other companies or returning to the same company down the line as part of another angle.

I know that about the retirement thing but still idk i just dont like he went to tna cause he hasn't been in any organization for a long while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:02 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Flair's always gone where the money is. It's how he's tragically lived his life so far and probably always will be.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:54 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

I see so are you saying the Flair we saw on TV what was just a act of the kind of person he really is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:39 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Judging by some of the stuff I've read, Flair in real life is even more extreme than his on screen character.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:08 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

When you say more extreme what do you mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:58 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

His drinking and partying lifestyle are ultra excessive. So much so that at numerous points in his career he has been hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. Think his salary is still being garnished now due to IRS debts & alimony payments.

One incident that I can remember is part of the Plane Ride From Hell in WWE in the early 2000s. On a return journey from a European tour (among all the other things that were going on) Flair is supposed to have gotten absolutely blitzed, stripped naked and run up & down the aisles, groping flight attendants.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:24 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

how can someone be such a party boy at his age and with a family?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:00 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

That's how he's always been so age isn't gonna change him.

As for family, right now he has three ex-wives, 3 or 4 (can't remember which) grown up kids and a current wife who has on at least one occasion been arrested for (allegedly) beating Flair up during an argument.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:13 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

I see well I guess if thats how he really is then idk its just a shame I mean he is in his 60s he should know when to settle down eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:28 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

He'll settle down when he's dead, can't really see him changing now.

Anyway back on to the topic of the thread, I'm really hoping that Hardcore Justice turns out to be decent this Sunday and doesn't blow up into a complete mess. It's been given a pretty good build-up so far & they've got a lot of name talent in for the night according to the TNA website:

Quote:
Tommy Dreamer
Mick Foley
Rob Van Dam
Team 3D
Raven
Rhino
Stevie Richards
Simon Diamond
Al Snow
Axl Rotten
Johnny Swinger
Sabu
2 Cold Scorpio
Brother Runt
CW Anderson
The FBI

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:57 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

I am just curious like are they allowed to be advertise something relating to ECW cause doesnt WWE still own it or what idk how that works?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:12 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Everyone knows it's an ECW reunion but TNA aren't using "ECW" in any of the advertising. "Hardcore", yes - "Extreme", yes - but not "ECW".

They've mentioned ECW in commentary a load of times but they've always done that kind of thing - referencing other organisations in wrestler's careers. They don't try to exist in a vacuum like WWE does :)

Interesting to see Jerry Lynn in that trailer considering he isn't mentioned in the list of wrestlers on their website. Surprise guest for the evening maybe?

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:07 pm 
Squire

5 total thanks.
Say thanks

I loved ecw when it was on. I remember desperately trying to find it on tv in the wee hours of the morning on a regional sports network on directv. But who else thinks that tna should probably try promoting its own talent more and focus on the future instead of the past? It seems like they have a pretty talented roster but every second thats spent on old ecwers or even hogan, nash, etc just seems like a waste of time. If you follow their ratings the old big names arent really helping so it just seems like maybe its time to just cut the past and strive for their own super stars. But who knows..wrestling seems to be unable to stop reliving the past. I mean who's really clamoring for the return of wolfpac sting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:47 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah, I wish they'd keep the focus on their own talent instead of the old-timers. I suppose part of the problem is that TNA have rarely (if ever) made any money since they started so the easy way to get people watching & buying merchandise is to go for the nostalgia ticket.

Sounds like some of the roster isn't happy about how things are going at the minute as well:

Quote:
According to the source, TNA stars are unhappy with the way things are developing at the moment. They feel that TNA is looking backward when they should be focusing on the future. Rumors say that some guys in the upper tier are even considering jumping ship over to WWE.

I'm all for tonight's PPV but I hope they keep it as a one-off special event. That being said though, Tommy Dreamer would be a good addition to the booking committee at TNA.

Profile WWW  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next