All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Comic Artist wanted for short film
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:26 pm 
Serf

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Hi guys,

I am directing a short film in which the main character is a comic artist. Below is a brief synopsis:

Sam lives an unfulfilled life; working a job he hates selling insurance in a call centre, his dream of being a comic book artist all but forgotten. It seems he has got himself stuck in a monotonous routine with no sign of breaking out. This is all shaken up when he meets Cecily, a 7-year-old girl with a simple, straightforward approach to life. Through a few brief meetings Cecily’s simplistic idea of life starts to rub off on Sam and wake him up from out the rut he has been stuck in.

I am looking for someone to come on board and design the art work that Sam will draw. His work is a key visual element of the film and a huge part of Sam’s character so I feel it is vitally important for the project.

I am open to any ideas and happy to give as much freedom as required to the style and content of the drawings. This could be a great opportunity for someone to experiment whilst also providing a chance to showcase some of your work as the film will be screened locally and entered into a variety of festivals.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I am happy to send the script out to anyone who might be interested.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.