Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:10 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
568 total thanks.
Say thanks

That is a pretty good looking trailer. I reckon this will pick the pace up from the first scene setting movie. I also would like to believe that in a movie with a large scale like this you can afford a couple of throwaway villains, like Batroc for example, instead of the usual burglars and muggers that we usually get in movies like Spider-Man (2002) or even Superman (1978) etc.

With the way the Phase one, and now Phase 2 movies, are established now as a universe it's gotta be taken as a given that more (super)villains will pop up in the day to day of these heroes lives being played out on screen.

I guess we will see if the curse of 3 still holds true now that Marvel are getting closer to perfecting their movies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:15 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

mrpinktoo wrote:
That is a pretty good looking trailer. I reckon this will pick the pace up from the first scene setting movie. I also would like to believe that in a movie with a large scale like this you can afford a couple of throwaway villains, like Batroc for example, instead of the usual burglars and muggers that we usually get in movies like Spider-Man (2002) or even Superman (1978) etc.

With the way the Phase one, and now Phase 2 movies, are established now as a universe it's gotta be taken as a given that more (super)villains will pop up in the day to day of these heroes lives being played out on screen.

I guess we will see if the curse of 3 still holds true now that Marvel are getting closer to perfecting their movies.

The only thing that I see as being an issue with the ongoing Marvel universe is villain deaths. Can't keep killing off all the A list villains only to end up with Cap and Black Widow having to take on Stilt Man or something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:28 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

Can I just say that the Winter Soldier costume design is frickin awesome. Of course this is my personal opinion, but I could not find many flaws in this movie, nothing that made me go…oh no :? . I can say I thought the story was strong, the action was amazing and well balanced with character and plot development. I won't say anything to spoiler it, but so worth seeing! :captain:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:09 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I enjoyed watching it.
Sadly i dont know the comic, so i can hardly comment on storry plotlien and charcter design, or at least only from an movie addict point of few.
I think ist was well made, it had its ups and downs and awkward, and ingenious szenes.

At least if you can look at the movie on its own its a good one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:10 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

We still have to wait another 2 days for the movie to be released! We always get shafted with movie release dates!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:58 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

It seems the US only ever gets the raw end of the stick with Marvel... Avengers was about a week later than everywhere else.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:11 pm 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

I liked this Captain America movie, here is why. Yes, the Main villain is The Winter Soldier but you look you see Crossbones before he becomes Crossbones. Baron Strucker and Dr. Faustus are there in one of the scenes at end. Which I thought was a cool move on their part to keep some of Captain America's other villains in the movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:04 am 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

One of my favorite moments -
Senator Stern leaning into Agent Sitwell and...
Spoiler: show
whispering "Hail Hydra."

I literally sat up in the edge of my seat and barely restrained myself from yelling, "That Mother F@#*er..." :evil:

Lots of greatness all around in the film! Action! Story! Character!
I was a bit surprised and maybe disappointed that Pierce...

didn't turn out to be anyone other than himself. I mean in terms of comic lore, I naturally expected him to be someone we'd recognize. Didn't hurt the film in anyway that he wasn't. It worked fine. Just a personal expectation I was excited to see revealed I guess.

Really pumped to see where all this leads in Agents now! I mean, they pretty plainly explained something that ties to one of the show's central plot points, so the followup should be interesting. I'm kind of wondering if we'll see H.A.M.M.E.R. next season now.

Fan of roleplaying, fantasy, and sci-fi? Read The Myth Prosaic by Georgia Z. The story revolves around a character who plays an RPG & how he uses that experience in a dystopian future. It's free online, mobile-friendly, & presented as a serial, with updates 3 times weekly at SeeDarkly.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:59 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Best marvel movie hands down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:43 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

I really liked the introduction of Sharon Carter too. Great choice of actress. I feel due to her TV acting chops in Revenge she could cross over into AoS from time to time quite nicely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:03 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

It was easily the best marvel movie. It was very well paced. Not a slow moment in the movie. Can't wait to see it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:37 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Awesome movie overall.

Amazing action especially when compared to the boring ass Cpatain America 1 fights.
Superb plot and the twists were well placed without feeling too forced.

What I love about the recent Marvel movies is the impact which effects the other movies aswell and if you have seen the movie you will know what I mean by that in this case

HAIL HYDRA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:37 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I totally agree. It's the best marvel movie. Great plot, action, and very fast paced. My woman even loved it. Lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:30 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I loved this movie with all my heart. Right below Avengers and tied with the first Captain America.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:58 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

I watched this twice this past weekend. Although I thought that everyone was "Hail Hydra" because of the movie. It's said less than five times - so it must have been related to Agents of SHIELD, right?

Either way, despite having seen the finale of AoS long before this, I was gripped. My only gripe is how strong Cap's shield is. It took a direct hit from Thor, it protects against Winter Soldier's robot arm... But Batroc the Leaper kicks him across a freighter?

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next