Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Can Randy's technique beat Brock's size?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:17 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
380 total thanks.
Say thanks

These two are set to clash at UFC 91 not that I believe Brock is deserving of a title shot. The fact that he's 1 and 1 in the ufc and 2 and 1 in his over all mma record, but can Randy beat him or will a new king be crowned of the heavy weight division?

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject: Re: Can Randy's technique beat Brock's size?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:57 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

well u said if randys technique could beat brocks size well size really dont matter sometimes its a plus but its all in skill and quickness cuz one mistake can change the whole match like how brock lost his 1st match

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:01 pm 
Knight

439 total thanks.
Say thanks

I've watched about every UFC event since the 1st and I gotta say it's hard to pick a winner in this shockingly.

Lesner is a rookie and really not well versed in MMA, yes he has a top camp and great wrestling pedigree but he is facing one of the true greats of the sport and a freak of nature. Couture really is the natural and seems able to game plan just about any opponent.

That being said the thing about Lesner that impressed me was even though it was basically only 2 punches he landed, 1 on Mir which basically dropped him and 1 on Herring which sent him flying backwards was his conviction in throwing the punch. He is truly not afraid to get hit and threw those punches with extremely bad intentions. Also Randy's loses have all come to bigger wrestlers who were able to control him.

dunno how much time this fight will be spent in the clinch but for Couture's sake i think he might want to take it there. He will have the edge standing so i dont think he would be afraid to trade but again Lesner is not afraid so it will be interesting.

But if i had to put money down on this fight I'm going to go with Couture in the 3rd by TKO....I almost don't believe it myself but thats the feeling i got.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:56 pm 
Knight

380 total thanks.
Say thanks

dazzo83 wrote:
I've watched about every UFC event since the 1st and I gotta say it's hard to pick a winner in this shockingly.

Lesner is a rookie and really not well versed in MMA, yes he has a top camp and great wrestling pedigree but he is facing one of the true greats of the sport and a freak of nature. Couture really is the natural and seems able to game plan just about any opponent.

That being said the thing about Lesner that impressed me was even though it was basically only 2 punches he landed, 1 on Mir which basically dropped him and 1 on Herring which sent him flying backwards was his conviction in throwing the punch. He is truly not afraid to get hit and threw those punches with extremely bad intentions. Also Randy's loses have all come to bigger wrestlers who were able to control him.

dunno how much time this fight will be spent in the clinch but for Couture's sake i think he might want to take it there. He will have the edge standing so i dont think he would be afraid to trade but again Lesner is not afraid so it will be interesting.

But if i had to put money down on this fight I'm going to go with Couture in the 3rd by TKO....I almost don't believe it myself but thats the feeling i got.
I see Couture grinding the win out, using his clinch doing alot of dirty boxing. I see it going a decision though.