Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:23 pm 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
AnathemaX wrote:
In a single podcast, he's alienated two different and huge portions of the fanbase. Probably more.

To a degree that's probably true (huge might be a bit of an overstatement) but Goyer works primarily in the movie business, comic fans are only a tiny portion of the numbers there.

Yes, the comic-reading audience is smaller than the people who barely know who Superman is. But how many of the repeat ticket buyers for The Avengers were those looking for a decent action movie, and how many were "OMFG HULK CAUGHT IRON MAN LIKE IN COMICS SO AWESOME!"?

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:51 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Tiny but integral... biggest mistake any salesman can make is to neglect his niche markets.

Respect the source material and the persons who love it or surrender the responsibility to someone who does... Plain and simple NO Dickheads...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:00 am 
Knight

696 total thanks.
Say thanks

batman55555 wrote:

Quote:
Goyer also threw a stereotypical insult out at geeks. He asked “How many people in the audience have heard of Martian Manhunter?” After people replied, he said, "“How many people that raised their hands have ever been laid?"

I don't see why he is picking on Martian Manhunter's character. J'onn was in a very widely watched cartoon in the 90s. So it would be people in their late 20s to early 30s now that watched the show back then. You don't have to be a huge nerd or comicphile to watch a cartoon at ten years old. You can be anything at ten years old. So this writer insulted potentially a vast swath of people who may or may not ever grown up reading comic books at all.

Either way, I'm one of the ones he insulted.

I got a funny money policy. I don't pay people who insult me willingly. I know it's weird. It's just one of those things. If, given a choice, I can decide to support or not to support somebody's professional work who has in fact insulted me I usually decide not to support them. Call me crazy. But it's an old habit and I'm not changing it now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:27 pm 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

CharlieRock wrote:
batman55555 wrote:

Quote:
Goyer also threw a stereotypical insult out at geeks. He asked “How many people in the audience have heard of Martian Manhunter?” After people replied, he said, "“How many people that raised their hands have ever been laid?"

I don't see why he is picking on Martian Manhunter's character. J'onn was in a very widely watched cartoon in the 90s. So it would be people in their late 20s to early 30s now that watched the show back then. You don't have to be a huge nerd or comicphile to watch a cartoon at ten years old. You can be anything at ten years old. So this writer insulted potentially a vast swath of people who may or may not ever grown up reading comic books at all.

Either way, I'm one of the ones he insulted.

I got a funny money policy. I don't pay people who insult me willingly. I know it's weird. It's just one of those things. If, given a choice, I can decide to support or not to support somebody's professional work who has in fact insulted me I usually decide not to support them. Call me crazy. But it's an old habit and I'm not changing it now.

You're not wrong.
Good points.
And hey lucky you! They were egotistical enough to put the film against an already slotted Marvel movie, so you can watch Captain America that weekend instead!

Fan of roleplaying, fantasy, and sci-fi? Read The Myth Prosaic by Georgia Z. The story revolves around a character who plays an RPG & how he uses that experience in a dystopian future. It's free online, mobile-friendly, & presented as a serial, with updates 3 times weekly at SeeDarkly.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:08 am 
Knight

696 total thanks.
Say thanks

AnathemaX wrote:
And hey lucky you! They were egotistical enough to put the film against an already slotted Marvel movie, so you can watch Captain America that weekend instead!

Captain America 3?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:30 am 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

CharlieRock wrote:
Captain America 3?

Yes.
Originally BvS:DoJ was supposed to open two weeks before Ant Man.
Then they delayed it to 2016 which put it against (what was at the time) an as yet unannounced Marvel film already well known to be slotted on the date.

After Winter Soldier rocked the box office... Marvel announced that its sequel would fill that slot.

Fan of roleplaying, fantasy, and sci-fi? Read The Myth Prosaic by Georgia Z. The story revolves around a character who plays an RPG & how he uses that experience in a dystopian future. It's free online, mobile-friendly, & presented as a serial, with updates 3 times weekly at SeeDarkly.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:54 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Henry Cavil in his Superman costume. A little different, but most interesting is where he is.

Somewhere rainy. Somewhere we may have seen before?

Also, obligatory Sad Batman:

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:56 pm 
Knight

696 total thanks.
Say thanks

omg, really?! delayed until 2016. sheesh, what's up with that?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:39 am 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

acelister wrote:
Also, obligatory Sad Batman:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA
Code:
http://www.sinfest.net/comikaze/comics/2013-08-13.gif

&
Code:
http://www.the-gutters.com/comic/428-ian-navarro/

&
Code:
http://www.the-gutters.com/comic/396-kevin-stokes/

I mean... the movie WAS going to need some color... why not a RAINBOW! :joker:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:28 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Why does this movie seem so sad? I feel like I'm going to need to watch something happy afterwords to cheer me up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:43 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

New Batman pic.

Spoiler: show

And a close up of the cowl.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Batman vs Superman
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:51 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I love the overall look. I don't think any life-action batman has ever been so close to the comics, its truly amazing. The only real worry I have now is whether Ben can move his head because on the recent pictures it dern sure looks like he will have to adapt the keaton body language :shock:

This is another nice pic which could give you an idea of what the full suit will look like (Awesome IMO) Note: It is the Cape and Cowl displayed at SDCC photoshopped on the body of an action figure that has recently been debunked to be an official license toy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:44 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Comic-Con news!
Today was the WB-Panel and they opened it by having The Trinity of actors, Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot on stage. Meanwhile this was projected onto the screen:

So we got our first look at WW's (awesome) costume:

Finally they showed a first teaser trailer, which can not be found online yet although there is a description of the content along with a still of Batman's TDKR-Themed battle suit with white eyes (Oh yes :yum: ):

Imagine Batman, rugged– Batman is in a huge metal suit to prepare for Superman. And yes, it is very reminiscent of the suit he wore in Miller’s THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS. The similarities are there and it really shows we are getting inspiration from the comic, just as it was announced last year.
The suit looks like no other Batman we’ve seen before. Batman is standing in the rain and pops on… THE BAT SIGNAL. And there in the sky is Superman. Floating there, looking at Batman. And boy is Superman pissed. His eyes turn red and lock on to Bats. Bats senses it, turns to look at Superman and his eyes light up– to black. End of teaser.
Image I chose this comparison to the original because the raw screenshot didn't work

Sadly that was it on the DC Cinematic Universe front for now. No other announcements during that panel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:49 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Oh frick yeah! Snyder is going to knock this one into the stratosphere!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:23 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Even more pics from the teaser; I have read that somebody recorded it with his phone but hasn't had the opportunity to upload it. Can't wait. This will be the longest 2 years ever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next