Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:53 am 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

supes 4 sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:22 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

batman 4 life :bat:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:21 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I would definitely choose Batman. Superman is just way overpowered, not to mention he was born that way. Batman had to work to get where he is. :bat:

Post subject: Re: Batman vs. Superman
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Hi there,

I want to say a bit on this topic. I think this topic has been rehashed a lot over the years. Too often, in order to portray Batman as capable of holding his own against metahumans, other heroes have been downplayed as inferior or as incapable both in intellect and in might. I think we can go back to Frank Miller's The Dark Knight, or more recently in All Star Batman Hush, we see how often Superman is treated as an incapable and ignorant fool. We can even take this further and see in Sacrifice how Wonder Woman withstood Superman's mightiest blows and effortlessly and almost fatally, injured the Man of Steel. In some ways, it would make sense to pit every Batman vs Superman fight as a battle of brain vs brawn, in order in this way, to at least make Batman capable of standing his own against super-powered beings. Batman has a very keen intellect, he is a great tactician, strategist, who methodically analyzes his opponent's strengths and weaknesses and consistently comes up with contingency plans in order to take them down.

But in the current case, I would think that the outcome of the fight would essentially depend on the circumstances, the context, and the environment in which both opponents find themselves in. In the open field, no matter what Batman's contingencies, Superman has a decisive advantage. The greatest problem for Batman in any encounter with Superman, would be finding a way to neutralize his super-speed. This is an incredible advantage, as Superman could essentially attack Batman without him being able to notice his presence. The question, of course, in this instance, is this: How evil would Superman really be?

An evil, ruthless and all-out Superman is a Justice League level threat and I don't see a way for Batman to take him down unless he were able to draw him into an environment where he is in control of the surroundings, such as for example, a warehouse with a myriad of booby-traps or even perhaps, in a setting where Superman could be exposed to red sun light, or even worse, to kryptonite radiation. But if we are talking about an evil Superman, and not a stupid and careless Superman, it must be said that the fight would be over for Batman before he would be able to spot his opponent. It is quite simple in reality, Superman can take to the air and use his heat vision to incinerate his opponent at a distance. Superman can easily take Batman from a distance. He can disarm the Dark Knight, rid him of all the kryptonite and speed-blitz him. A lone Batman against an evil, ruthless, and all-out Superman is terribly outmatched. Unless Batman can invent a kryptonite powered suit which enhances his physical abilities and grants him super-speed, he will inevitably lose this battle. I think, we have an example of this possibility with Lex Luthor's battle against Superman during which he is powered by an Apokoloptian exo-skeleton battle suit. Of course, Superman still managed to defeat. As you can see, it is not as simple as you think to take down Superman. As the comics have shown, the Man of Steel has steadily been building up a resistance to kryptonite, which is sure to make him virtually invulnerable to the substance as his powers exponentially grow.

At the end of the day, I think that if Batman were to battle Superman, the Man of Steel would take it most often than not, at least 6/7 times out of 10. Too often, because of the writers, Superman is made to "job" to Batman, when realistically speaking, Superman should thoroughly defeat Batman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:51 am 
Squire

17 total thanks.
Say thanks

Now that this topic is back up, I've changed my mind. Read Irredeemable (Boom). It's kind of a "what would happen if superman went bad" story.

Nobody stands a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:17 am 
Squire

12 total thanks.
Say thanks

I would have to say Superman. If he was smart he would just use heat vision from a safe distance and fry the bat. I wonder how far away he could burn him alive so kryptonite could not be used against him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:00 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

batman...theres no such thing as a fair fight and batman would have the upperhand in every possible aspect minus physical brute strength and of course superman's powers. i dont think batman has any mercy when trying to beat his opponents, while superman seems to give people the benefit of the doubt before thinking. batman's also always at least a few steps ahead of you. didn't batman own superman already?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:22 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Superman, Batman has no chance in an mid-west setting. If Batman were to have the heads up, It has to be in his own environment. :shrug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:29 pm 
Knight

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

If batman decided on taking down superman, he would. If superman decides to take down batman, he would.. if they decide at the same time - superman wins - dude's got super-speed!
While batman should be smart enough to realize superman needs taking down before superman thinks about it, we all saw what happened when Max lord controlled sups, and decided to take down the bat..how long was that, 2 minutes?

Bottom line - Batman only wins if he gets time to prepare..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:21 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

If Batman has some of that Green K, and Batman reaching the top limits of human strength and mind, I would give the fight to Batman.

Without Green K how would Batman win?

Anyone have a clue?
Please tell me how Batman would win without Green K. Unless he somehow could get into Superman's mind, which I think Batman has a advantage with.

I'm just curious to see how he would win without it, I think Superman would tear him apart! And Batman is my favorite DC character, besides Tim Drake that is.... lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 am 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

Red Sunlight, Mindtricks, Magic, Judo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:32 pm 
Knight

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

oh yeah! I forgot about Judo.. Batman all the way ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:50 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

why is there not a poll for this thread?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:43 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Batman117 wrote:
If Batman has some of that Green K, and Batman reaching the top limits of human strength and mind, I would give the fight to Batman.

Without Green K how would Batman win?

Anyone have a clue?
Please tell me how Batman would win without Green K. Unless he somehow could get into Superman's mind, which I think Batman has a advantage with.

It was shown in Superman:Red Son. Bruce used rays that imitated red sun to weaken him. Also he could just outsmart him, or - which would be best idea - reason with him.

Sorry for my bad english. It's not my native language, so I may make mistakes. Correct me if you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Another factor that should be taken into consideration: what are Superman's power levels like in this scenario? Because depending on those, and considering he's most likely not holding back, this could be a major problem for everyone involved.

Given a heads up, I agree that Batman has more than a fighting chance, especially if he decides to round up the other Leaguers. I mean, he may be proud but he's not stupid: he'd call in the big guns if it came down to it. In that time, he could also coordinate their efforts and/or set up several contingency plans to level the playing field. If, however, it all happens without prior warning and Supes targets Bats first...

Personally, I'd mobilise the speedsters immediately. Even at his peak, Superman is still not fast enough to keep up with the Speed Force. It'll be an incredibly tough match all the same.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next