Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:35 am 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

I just don't like it. To me, it seems to take the whole point of the character and throw it out the window. Even batman & Robin didn't mess up Mr. Freeze like this. At this point, I guess its not a big deal. Just another character the new 52 has ruined, and far from the most important. I can't wait to see what Batman villain they ruin next. My bets on either Hush (he won't be Bruce's old friend or know his identity, he'll just be some random mute supervillain) or Mad Hatter (He'll be a living hat).

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:58 am 
Squire

47 total thanks.
Say thanks

batman55555 wrote:
I just don't like it. To me, it seems to take the whole point of the character and throw it out the window. Even batman & Robin didn't mess up Mr. Freeze like this. At this point, I guess its not a big deal. Just another character the new 52 has ruined, and far from the most important. I can't wait to see what Batman villain they ruin next. My bets on either Hush (he won't be Bruce's old friend or know his identity, he'll just be some random mute supervillain) or Mad Hatter (He'll be a living hat).

Spoiler: show
But surely the point of Mr. Freeze is that everything he does is for his wife? He was still doing just that as opposed to just running around raising hell for the sake of it but then the twist came at the end that in fact he had created their marriage in his head and had gone insane after the accident. If anything I felt it made him appear more tragic. You are unquestionably right on one point though - the annual never did quite reach the dizzying heights of Joel Schumacer's cinematic masterpiece "Batman & Robin" ;)

Post subject: Re: Batman (2011) Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:55 am 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

@Fives: I think you're overreacting,why don't you read the Annual first before crying "ruined forever!!!" ?

in the animated series canon,Mr.Freeze continues his rampage even after Nora is cured,feeling he can't return to her due to his condition and criminal record,his new motive being "I'll make everyone miserable,just like me!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:39 pm 
Knight

40 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah I agree with Lex.

Sure, Freeze is a tragic figure considering what happened to his wife.

But in fairness, his pig headed stubbornness in the face of people offering him help etc is a bit tired at this stage. I don't think he's a sympathetic as most character because I assume a high percentage of the cops or security he just flash freezes during what ever scheme end up dead or at least amputees. That's pretty some pretty brutal stuff all in the name of his wife.

And on the subjects of Nora for a second. Off the top of my head I can only recall vaguely she may have woken up briefly in the cartoon once but not outside. But if she did, what do you think will happen?

"Oh Victor how could you commit such monstrous acts against innocent people all to save me. I didn't want this, you should have let me go." etc etc etc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:46 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I can see where @CivilWarRebel is coming from ... but I think they took a stale character and changed him up a little .... he still is quite tragic with:

His Mother's accident and "assisted suicide" plus the crazy town he went to after the accident.

Speaking of accidents I liked that:

Bruce was the corporate "badguy" who shut down Freeze's work which indirectly caused his accident and change to Mr Freeze

I think this story has been one of the better Batman stories of the New 52!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:36 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

Lex Talionis wrote:
@Fives: I think you're overreacting,why don't you read the Annual first before crying "ruined forever!!!" ?

in the animated series canon,Mr.Freeze continues his rampage even after Nora is cured,feeling he can't return to her due to his condition and criminal record,his new motive being "I'll make everyone miserable,just like me!"

I don't think it makes much sense for me to read it. It has no chance of being a story I'd enjoy, and I already know the "twist", so I really don't want to read a mediocre Freeze story that ends with the character being ruined. I'm very wary of reading anything batman now since, between Court of Owls and the annual, I'm starting to think DC writers have lost the ability to write even a decent Batman story. Still, Batman & Robin is ok, Batman - The dark Knight (the comic) has been good to just ok, and the next Batman arc (with no nocturnal, immortal assassains) seems to be a Joker related story, which may redeem Snyder as a Batman writer and may give be faith in thye Batman writers again, I'll just have to wait until next month to see.

Between Batman in the New 52 and a certain Nolan trilogy, it really makes it seem like my username doesn't work :lol: But I am a batman fan, I just don't like bad stories involving him. There have been so many good batman stories, but I haven't read any that were what I would describe as excellent since before Final Crisis. There have been some good ones since then, and some excellent Batman related books in the last few years (like Gotham City Sirens), but batman (and the other two members of DC's trinity, :superman: & :ww: ), have suffered from having average to horrible writers the last few years, which sucks. Still, I'm willing to give Snyder another chance with the upcoming arc, but if it isn't good I'll just stop reading the main Batman book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:56 pm 
Knight

40 total thanks.
Say thanks

But at what point do you need to re-evaluate you're own thinking because you're in such a minuscule minority?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:31 am 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

DrainBamaged wrote:
But at what point do you need to re-evaluate you're own thinking because you're in such a minuscule minority?

I can't "re-evaluate my thinking" when it comes to Batman, you don't just change what you like or dislike. Batman has hit some rough patches like this before, where nothing seems to be written about him except average to mediocre stuff, but eventually good stories will be written again, maybe even as soon as the upcoming Joker arc in Batman. Besides, I know I'm not the only person to dislike Court of Owls, and pretty soon Nolan's Batman will be gone, and another, completely different Batman movie series will take its place. It bugs me, my I know good stories will be made with him eventually, I just have to put up with some stupid stories in the meantime.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:02 pm 
Squire

47 total thanks.
Say thanks

batman55555 wrote:
DrainBamaged wrote:

I can't "re-evaluate my thinking" when it comes to Batman, you don't just change what you like or dislike. Batman has hit some rough patches like this before, where nothing seems to be written about him except average to mediocre stuff, but eventually good stories will be written again, maybe even as soon as the upcoming Joker arc in Batman. Besides, I know I'm not the only person to dislike Court of Owls, and pretty soon Nolan's Batman will be gone, and another, completely different Batman movie series will take its place. It bugs me, my I know good stories will be made with him eventually, I just have to put up with some stupid stories in the meantime.

While I definitely don't agree with you, I'm curious to hear some of your favourite batbooks? Just out of interest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:45 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Has someone already read Batman #12? -.-

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:17 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

jakane wrote:
Has someone already read Batman #12? -.-

I read it today, it was the first Batman issue I didn't like since the relaunch. I thought it was pretty dumb, and hated the girl that was in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:40 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yes they could have made it a mini series like Shazam in JLA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:28 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

This series is so amazing. I stopped reading at #7 and I was shocked so many times by action twists. . But the greatest moment for me was end of #7. I mean this (really don't read this spoiler if you haven't read)
When Bruce says that Talon is Dick's ancestor and then when he hits him and it turns out that he was sentenced to be Talon. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:08 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I recommend you to keep on reading its is really good. Just the last issue #12 wasn't really amazing. Iam looking forward to the return of the joker tho

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:56 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

jakane wrote:
I recommend you to keep on reading its is really good. Just the last issue #12 wasn't really amazing. Iam looking forward to the return of the joker tho

Yeah, this exactly. As usual the Batman books are the best thing DC has going right now. All the Bat-titles are great (though I'm not crazy about Batwing or Batwoman), and Batman is the best of even them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next