Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:59 am 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I read the few first issues of Batwing. It was okay nothing incredibly good, but if you like the more grounded and "Real life" - ish comics its alright.
I will definately catch up with some off the other bat-titles. I have only read Batman and Batman and Robin

B2T:
The thing that bugs me the most about #12 is, that I waited a whole month for it -.-
I was really looking forward to reading Batman again and then this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:01 am 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

When it comes to the bat books the Bat books, I love Batwoman, Batgirl is starting to grow on me (although I still prefer her as Oracle), B&R has been ok although I might stop reading it, Catwoman is degrading in quailty, Red hood is a trainwreck that I feel like reading, Batman - The dark Knight is ok and Batman I haven't read since the first issue of Court of Owls but I'm going to start reading it again. I stopped reading Nightwing and Detective when CoO started, and I don't plan to start again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:44 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I was told Nightwing was good :S Is it just your personal thing since you didn't like the Night of Owls at all? or was it bad to you in general?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:30 am 
Marquis

1,267 total thanks.
Say thanks

jakane wrote:
I was told Nightwing was good :S Is it just your personal thing since you didn't like the Night of Owls at all? or was it bad to you in general?

Personally I think Nightwing is good, however they've kind of stretched it to its limit. The tie in with the Court of Owls was ludicrous at points and quite a bit of a stretch. It's redefined his character in a way that I don't see as an improvement or a discouragement and they don't key into any issues. The "point" of mentioning the issue at all was immediately dropped.

They spent so much time on this revelation that once it happened it was like a huge collective breath of "whew! So glad that's over and done with, now lets move on..."

I found that the reveal wasn't so much of a reveal as a plot device that wasn't very fulfilling.

Still, the story remains suspenceful and the characters remain true, even though it did seem like they went a little too far into fanfiction fantasy for a moment there. <_< I still read Nightwing and I think that they've done a good job at it for what it's worth...they could just do better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:55 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spoiler: show
Variant cover of Batman #0

I like

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:14 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

jakane wrote:
Has someone already read Batman #12? -.-

Finally got round to this one this afternoon. It was a perfectly fine done in one issue. Could have maybe done with a bit more Batman in it and the art style change in the last few pages was a bit jarring but other than that it was a decent "breather" issue.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:30 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

In my opinion Batman #12 was totally unnecessary, The character of Harper Row isn't appealing to me at all. The art was a bit ugh. (It is good for it self, but totally doesn't fit into the current appearence of Batman. Too 'cute' if you ask me)
At first I thought making Harpers story a mini-series like 'SHAZAM!' in JLA would have been better, but then it would make the character kind of even more "important" looking than the single issue did.
Propably just my opinion on her character being kinda 'pushed' in to a big role out of the blue.

I hope some of you are getting my point, sorry if I made some mistakes, I didn't sleep for about 24 hours + English isn't my native language.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:32 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah, Batman #12 was the first of the Batman run that I haven't liked. I couldn't stand Harper at all too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:35 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

So... Batman #0, anyone? Very good book.
SPOILER!..

Spoiler: show
Man that was one really good issue. Especially in relation to #12 which sucked. I loved the art style in both parts of the book. The style in the last part with the different Robins was superb.

If anyone read it already gimmer some stuff to discuss ! NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:17 am 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

I wasn't able to bring myself to read it, I don't need to see Snyder screw with Batman's origin (I bet Snyder changed it so that someone like Joker (pre insanity) or Ra's Al Ghul or killed Bruce's parents <_< ) . I've hated most of Snyder's run. I really only read any Batman at all in hopes that he'll leave eventually and it might actually get entertaining. Kind of like why I read Justice League with Johns, although that atleast has a train wreck feel that keeps me morbidly interested. I won't read the zero issue, although I'm giving the main series a few more issues before I stop reading it.

Batman and Robin, and batman the Dark Knight have been ok, so I'll still be able to read some batman if I stop reading the main book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:36 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Is anyone here not a fan Greg Capullo's work on the main book? For me, It's quite refreshing to say the least. I actually grew to enjoy his work quite a bit since the first but it still screams Spawn at me everyonce in awhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:14 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I like it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:18 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

jakane wrote:
Has someone already read Batman #12? -.-

Little late to the party on this one but, I really liked this issue nice breather, fine introduction to a new character and it delivered a solid message without being preachy. I was ok without there being that much Batman, Snyder writes Gotham as its own character and there are so many interesting stories happening with in it, that show the effect that the Batman has on other people without consuming most of the story. As far as the art, I love Becky Coolan and Andy Clarke, but I wish Andy would have drawn the whole thing, his style just fit more IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:36 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

You got some points

Post subject: Re: Batman (2011) Discussion
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:21 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Scott Snyder was on the Fatman On Batman podcast a few weeks ago.

Download:
Code:
http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/70230952/download?client_id=a427c512429c9c90e58de7955257879c

Stream:
Code:
http://smodcast.com/episodes/scott-snyder-of-cowls-and-owls/

It's 2 hours long but doesn't really talk too much about the comic... It mentions several things, like his relationship with the artist, why he does so many massive storyarcs, how he got Batman #1 in the first place... I found it interesting.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next