Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Avengers Arena (spoilers)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:20 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

So, another death has happened in this book. Since this doesn't have a topic, I figured I'd make one. I don't read it, but the deaths are something i need to mention. From wikipedia

Dead
Mettle (AA #1)
Red Raven (AA #2)
Kid Briton (AA #6)
Juston Seyfert (AA #9)
Nico Minoru (AA #10)

MIA
Darkhawk (AA #3)

Alive:
Chase Stein
Hazmat
Reptil
Death Locket
Cullen Bloodstone
X-23
and a few characters created just for the comic that aren't very memorable

So, two characters from book I really enjoyed (Avengers academy and runaways) have been killed for no reason because of a scheme hatched by Arcade, the guy who (before this series gave him super powers somehow) has pretty much never killed anyone consequential, atleast when it comes to superheros. Its like if old DC randomly had Killer Moth massacure the Teen Titans. Pointless Shock deaths are one of the worst things in superhero comics, and now there is a whole book devoted to that. I hope it doesn't go on for too much longer. It seems to be above the average cancellation level, but it is (according to what I can find online) losing readers every month. There are still two more Academy students (Hazmat and reptil) and one runaway (Chase stein) they can kill off (not to mention X-23, but she's probably safe). I hope they don't kill of anyone else, but honestly X-23 is the noly one I don't see them killing. Everyone else is probably fair game.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:21 pm 
Knight

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

To my surprise I think this series is actually pretty fun..wasn't expecting that when I read about it..
However, I wouldn't bet on all of the dead characters staying dead at the end of the series.. they'll probably all star in a new team book together after this.. otherwise only x-23 will survive, clearly being the most popular one there, but that means no more possible runaways which I don;t think will happen, so again, I think some will be somehow revived by the end..

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:22 pm 
Knight

549 total thanks.
Say thanks

crimson king wrote:
, but that means no more possible runaways which I don;t think will happen, so again, I think some will be somehow revived by the end..

expecially with rumors of Marvel doing a Runaways movie...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:30 pm 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

It's all virtual reality.
Funny that the one controlling electronics hasn't figured that out yet... or has (s)he?
The End.

Fan of roleplaying, fantasy, and sci-fi? Read The Myth Prosaic by Georgia Z. The story revolves around a character who plays an RPG & how he uses that experience in a dystopian future. It's free online, mobile-friendly, & presented as a serial, with updates 3 times weekly at SeeDarkly.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:47 pm 
Merchant

2,050 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm enjoying so far, along with Deathmatch. Because I know little about the players I'm not usre who will live or die. Though with Marvel I wouldnt be surprised if they screw it in the end with the "virtual reality" angle