Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: "ARROW" TV series Discussion
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:48 am 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
59 total thanks.
Say thanks

yeah she should be more pissed at the head of police because her dad told them that the hood gave him info on malcom merlins plans and he was more interested in his connection to hood if he acted on info instead half of glades and 500+ people might have survived including tommy. and if laurel had got out of cbr then tommy wouldn't have had to go rescue her and gotten himself impaled. write her out of show i think a relationship between oliver and fleicty smoake would be smoaking hot gott to love a blond in glasses with a body like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:53 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Not seen this weeks episode yet, but want to address a couple of things from last week before I do.

Laurel is associated with the DA office. Which of course is why she is always in the detective bullpen and often left alone there...

Black Canary's identity...

Spoiler: show
Talia Al'Ghul? Ra's wants her "brought back"...

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:30 pm 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

acelister wrote:

Are new episodes of Arrow running a week or two early in the European markets
or is that a "theory" more than a "spoiler?"

That wasn't last night's U.S. reveal and kind of doesn't make much sense given they've confirmed BatmanFIIIIIIVEEE's spoiler from a few posts ago. Seems like there's probably a less familial reason for who you mention to want her back, and I don't recall him being mentioned at all, though it's likely he will be for the upcoming (in the US at least) "League of Assassins" episode.

Fan of roleplaying, fantasy, and sci-fi? Read The Myth Prosaic by Georgia Z. The story revolves around a character who plays an RPG & how he uses that experience in a dystopian future. It's free online, mobile-friendly, & presented as a serial, with updates 3 times weekly at SeeDarkly.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:19 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

The reveal didn't really come as a surprise to me, but…

I'm sure Ra's name was mentioned by the ninja dude moments before Sara stuck him with his own blade, Actually quite positive as I just checked the episode again.

The end of episode reveal wasn't really a massive surprise either but does open up some interesting options for the rest of this season.

I'm really easy going and like most comic book related shows, however it has to be said Arrow is a really refreshing take on the genre for TV. I just find myself desperate to see the next episode week after week.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:57 pm 
Knight

59 total thanks.
Say thanks

latest episode was good finally found out who mystery woman is but i think shewill be killed off and laurel will adopt her m.o. and apparently some particle accelerator will be what powers up the flash.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:02 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

AnathemaX wrote:
acelister wrote:

Are new episodes of Arrow running a week or two early in the European markets
or is that a "theory" more than a "spoiler?"

That wasn't last night's U.S. reveal and kind of doesn't make much sense given they've confirmed BatmanFIIIIIIVEEE's spoiler from a few posts ago. Seems like there's probably a less familial reason for who you mention to want her back, and I don't recall him being mentioned at all, though it's likely he will be for the upcoming (in the US at least) "League of Assassins" episode.

No, I'm watching them shortly after they air in the US. I don't like watching television, so I download all the shows I want to see. Our viewing figures don't count against American shows being renewed or cancelled, so I don't feel guilty at all.

I had wondered how they would keep the Island flashbacks going for five years (given the show runs that long, hopefully it does and more) and now we see what the crashed tanker in the season pilot was all about. This show is definitely keeping my interest. And it helps that Amell seems like a decent bloke, judging by his Facebook posts that my wife keeps Liking.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:07 am 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

acelister wrote:
No, I'm watching them shortly after they air in the US. I don't like watching television, so I download all the shows I want to see. Our viewing figures don't count against American shows being renewed or cancelled, so I don't feel guilty at all.

Then you are clearly seeing them at least a week ahead of US airings.

The mention of Ra's wanting her back just happened in the episode that aired in the US yesterday. And I think calling her a "daughter" only implied a sect of the LoA, not an actual familial tie. She's clearly Lance's kid.

I imagine you have d/l'ed the the next by now...
I'm going to have to be pretty careful in this forum not to be spoiled episode to episode.

Fan of roleplaying, fantasy, and sci-fi? Read The Myth Prosaic by Georgia Z. The story revolves around a character who plays an RPG & how he uses that experience in a dystopian future. It's free online, mobile-friendly, & presented as a serial, with updates 3 times weekly at SeeDarkly.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:20 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

AnathemaX wrote:
acelister wrote:

Then you are clearly seeing them at least a week ahead of US airings.

The mention of Ra's wanting her back just happened in the episode that aired in the US yesterday. And I think calling her a "daughter" only implied a sect of the LoA, not an actual familial tie. She's clearly Lance's kid.

I imagine you have d/l'ed the the next by now...
I'm going to have to be pretty careful in this forum not to be spoiled episode to episode.

Summary from Wikipedia for episode 3, aired on 23rd October:

Oliver is saved from the police by a female vigilante, who quickly vanishes into the night. He sets Roy to track her down, which he manages through the vigilante's connection to a girl named Sin. Officer Lance discovers that the serial killer Barton Mathis, whom he arrested years earlier, escaped from prison during the earthquake and is on the killing spree again. Lance looks to Oliver's alter-ego vigilante for help when he is forced to stay away from the investigation. The pair break into a lab running tests on the evidence found at Mathis's crime scene and are able to discover the link between all of his victims. Oliver learns that Mathis abducted Quentin and Laurel and plans to kill them both. Oliver saves Laurel and Quentin; the female vigilante shows up and kills Mathis after Oliver captures him. During the pre-trial motions for Moira Queen, the district attorney announces his plan to seek the death penalty for Moira's actions in the death of the citizens of the Glades. Later, the female vigilante is tracked down by an agent of Ra's al Ghul; she kills him to avoid having to return to his organization. In flashbacks to the island, Oliver and Slade rush to the aid of Shado who is being attacked. Oliver gets imprisoned by unknown assailants on the boat, Amazo.

Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arrow_episodes#Season_2_.282013.29

The latest episode I have is episode 5, aired in the US 6th November, called League Of Assassins. If that's ahead of episodes you're seeing, then I don't know what to say...

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:05 pm 
Knight

40 total thanks.
Say thanks

Flash next week right?
Yay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:59 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

This show's pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:23 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

So Barry Allen has been introduced, the next episode is nigh and seems like it might be a direct continuation. Spoilers ahead.

Barry Allen is a CSI officer for Central City who is always late. He's incredibly intuitive. His mother was murdered by "a man in a blur" when he was 11, which when he tried to stop it, he was suddenly 22 blocks away. So far so good. He's a likeable, funny character in a serious world.

What I didn't like was CW teasing us.
I doubt there is anyone on this forum who isn't familiar with Barry Allen's origin. Doused in chemicals when a lightning bolt hit him through a window, he gained super speed.
I saw the rain storm. I heard "Centrifuge". I got excited - he would get hit by lightning when they find the centrifuge which is filled with chemicals - BOOM - instant Flash. By the end of this episode.
But then it began to have thunder and lightning. And Barry was climbing near to a shelf of chemicals. I knew it wouldn't happen. Then he began holding the chemicals and saying "Boy, there sure are a lot of chemicals here!" - you're kidding me. Why not just have him say "I SURE hope I don't get STRUCK BY LIGHTNING! That might FLASHfry - get it? - me! *wink*"

I loved the episode, but I hated the teasing.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:29 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

I can't wait. I fell asleep through most of the last episode and woke up right at the very end. Didn't really give much away other than that it was gonna essentially be a two parter. Now I get to watch them back to back. :) :flash:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:03 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Started watching this recently, it has potential i think it's good

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:49 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Oh ho... Spoi-friggin'-lers!

Now THAT is how you do a superhero origin. I knew it was coming - I SAW it coming... But damn if I didn't get chills. For The Flash pilot, they will doubtlessly splice in scenes from Arrow.
The rest of the episode was enjoyable. I liked the use of rat poison and nothing like "Oh, good thing we happen to have Fragmin needles here!" Though if his blood was -that- thick, then it's a wonder Ollie survived that long...
I liked that he got angry with Felicity for giving him away, and that Officer Lance didn't blame Arrow for his colleagues getting killed. Those were two very organic scenes to me.
I also loved the Mirakuru reveal at the end. I wanted more episode... Though the hair gets me.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:29 pm 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

I really like the way they made the particle accelerator storyline work. The build up was great and I was really satisfied with how it all lined up in a plausible and believable way. Very cool. Plus S.G.(Died on a... Buried on a... when do we see Monday?) Also glad to see them integrate S.W. visibly into the present and as a key mastermind.

This show may be the singular thing DC is doing right these days. I'm happy for that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next