Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:14 am 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
52 total thanks.
Say thanks

Man, how much money does Real Madrid have?? They just signed all these great players and now they got ricardo carvalho and Ozil...crazyness.

-JC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:47 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

It's how Mourinho works - if the money's there, he'll spend every last penny on the players he thinks he needs to make a team to win everything.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:41 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yup thats why i hate him...he always splashes on big players...thats how he win titles thru the big name signings (Porto was an exception but that year was crap...Porto's champions league final opponent was Monaco!)...When you have that exceptionally large transfer kitty, anything less than league title is a failure...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:58 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

Hey Spaced Aston Villa has appointed Gerard Houllier as their new manager...how do you feel about that as a Villa fan? Haha Houllier gonna be reunited w Heskey...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:59 am 
Knight

204 total thanks.
Say thanks

As unrealistic as it may have been, I was really hoping Bob Bradley would somehow get the Villa job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:01 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah Bob Bradley would have been a great choice...the way US played in the World Cup qualifiers and finals shows what Bob's capable of with limited resoources...

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:31 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

xavi wrote:
Hey Spaced Aston Villa has appointed Gerard Houllier as their new manager...how do you feel about that as a Villa fan? Haha Houllier gonna be reunited w Heskey...

Yep, we've got him now - well, sort of. Turns out he's got to sit out his notice period from his French FA job so he won't be actually taking over until December!

Our season could very well descend into farce if this kind of thing keeps up.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:20 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

From soccernet...
Quote:
Houllier met the Villa players on Sunday before flying back home to tie up the loose ends with the French Football Federation. He will not be in charge of Monday's game at Stoke or next Saturday's home match with Bolton - although he hopes to attend.

Houllier is planning to be at the helm for the Carling Cup game with Blackburn on Wednesday week although he will be assisted by caretaker boss Kevin MacDonald.

He said: "I have to go back. I have a very important meeting Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Even if I wanted to take a private jet out (to the Stoke game) it wouldn't be possible. I apologise for that but I will be watching the game on television.

"If all goes to plan the Carling Cup match with be the first game I pick the team for. But I will do that with Kevin obviously. I think Kevin will stay alongside me (for that game).''

Dun worry Houllier may not be taking over as late as you think...i'm really curious who Houllier would sign in the January transfer window...he seems to be interested in Owen (that would be a real bad move)...also from the recent comments by liverpool players, Houllier seems to be able to build rapport with his players so he may not actually be as bad as many have thought but i'm not really a fan of his defensive playing style. Well we just have to see how it goes with his first game in charge :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:09 pm 
Knight

506 total thanks.
Say thanks

Man, I can't believe Liverpool sucks this bad. I knew going in it would be tough but this is fucking irritating.

Torres in a slump.
Midfield lacks creativity.
Defense is crap.

What the hell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:26 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

You forgot to mention that Liverpool has Roy Hodgeson as manager...yup that guy went to the Uefa cup (or Europa League) finals with Fulham but he didn't even finish in the top HALF of the table with Fulham last year so...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:36 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

I know it's pure schadenfreude but BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!

Quote:
Liverpool 1-2 Blackpool FT (HT 0-2)
* Adam (pen) 29
* Varney 45+1
* Kyrgiakos 53

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:37 am 
Knight

597 total thanks.
Say thanks

Not to mention that Liverpool had their best players on the pitch (okay maybe Torres left after around 10 mins but they still had guys like Gerrard, Cole, Meireles etc)...wtf after 7 games and Liverpool is in the relegation zone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:55 pm 
Merchant

2,050 total thanks.
Say thanks

It's been a tough time for supporting the 'pool.
Feel sorry for Roy, we usually stick with managers through thick and thin for at least 3 years before the looking around. But it Martin O'Neil available, can't help but feel that he may have the shortest tenure of any Liverpool manager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:06 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Blimey, it's all about Liverpool this season:

BBC Sport wrote:
Liverpool are to be sold to the owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball team. But the takeover by the New England Sports Ventures requires resolution of a legal dispute with the Reds' American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett. The Premier League, which has refused to comment so far, will also have to approve the latest American buyout.

Earlier Hicks and Gillett tried to sack managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre in a last-ditch bid to keep control of the club. In an attempt to block any sale and regain control of the crisis-hit club, Liverpool's much-criticised owners tried to replace Purslow and Ayre with Hicks's son, Mack Hicks, and Lori Kay McCutcheon, a vice president at Hicks Holdings.

Hicks and Gillett are understood to have argued that the club's English directors were not acting in the best interests of Liverpool and that the NESV bid - as well another undisclosed offer from Asia - "dramatically undervalued the club". Purslow, Ayre and chairman Martin Broughton are now consulting lawyers over whether they can resist the owners' attempts to replace them and force through a sale.

"I am only disappointed that the owners have tried everything to prevent the deal from happening and that we need to go through legal proceedings in order to complete the sale," said Broughton, who has met with representative from NESV over the past few weeks.

NESV is thought to be offering about £300m for the club, enough to pay back the £240m of loans and £40m of fees owed to Royal Bank of Scotland, which must be settled by 15 October else a penalty fee of £60m will be due. If the 15 October date were to pass without a sale, the bank would have the option of extending the deadline once again, or calling it in and taking control of the club and forcing a sale, with BBC business editor Robert Peston suggesting the club could still enter administration before any sale is concluded. However, the Premier League has confirmed that the club would not suffer a nine-point penalty if it were to enter administration as the club would remain fully solvent.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:25 am 
Knight

204 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm happy about the Liverpool situation. NESV has certainly done well in their other sports ventures, and they seem to be doing this for the right reasons. I'm cautiously optimistic.